AC GT (Rolling Start) Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP - Sunday 24th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
we can roll in the back together. im with you
Hi Greg,

Welcome and no worries. We're all nice guys. Make sure to read the rules especially the Golden Rule and what to do when you get a blue flag. And please join our Discord channel so you can hear the pre-chat reminders of the host.

OK that went well, and I didn't break out in a sweat! Nearly caught Logan, but alas too much traffic, and a few tiny errors near the end meant I couldn't quite catch him. Good job everyone, it was clean from what I saw. Also broke my PB during the race*, I think. I'm nearly in the 1:57s, so hopefully next time out. Looking forward to the stats!

*Did not break PB during race lol

Last edited:
Hello all!

Starting from the qualify where an Audi was struggling to maintain the track in my front when it shouldn't even be there, this was already a warning of what tonight would be.

The rolling start from the perspective of not having bugs, went all right. Very boring, though, tbh, although I could make an overtake at the end of T1 (Mark), and after 6 laps, after the chicane, he took me off the track (on braking of last turn) and didn't await for me, and I think Lauri was behind him and off they went. From there, a really ordinary race, and from my perspective the GT3s, different from last Sunday, were very flustered overall, zero patience in awaiting a straight to overtake. Eventually Lauri appeared and we changed positions couple of times until the end of lap 26, when I think de Jong, a lap behind me, decided to give a try at the chicane and a Ferrari watching the mess couldn't wait for this and I became the stuff of a sandwich again and ended up spinning.

Now I understand what "a race to be forgotten" is.

Anyway, hope to see you guys next Sunday. Although I've said I couldn't be present, it might have a chance. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the race!

--Fabiano.

PS: I had to return my friend's VR headset and tonight I was back to the single screen/opentrack-aruco setup. I really don't see the point in even being bothered in comparing VR with anything else (don't get me wrong, opentrack-aruco work flawlessly and I've enjoyed a lot for the time being). It's like comparing tube black&white TVs with full HD - you only understand what you were not seeing when you finally watch one. I'll write about this eventually.

Last edited:
Great race, everyone! The rolling start went well from my pov. :)

Pretty uneventful race for me...quali P8, finished P8 for in the GT3 class. First event in VR so I am happy for the more relaxed race and lack of fighting...for now.

I know there were a couple of the GT4 cars that I may have frustrated...sorry. I need to be a bit closer to make some of the overtakes I was going for. I pretty certain that I was a B-52 on the inside of at least one person. :(:redface:

On a positive note, good work by Erik, a GT4, and myself. I was the blue flag for Erik and was attempting to overtake the GT4. I believe we all handled it predictably and as quickly as we could. :thumbsup:

Congrats to the podiums of both classes! Thanks @Interslice for putting it together. On to Imola...:cautious:

A little practice will keep you on the road. I thought you did ok for the most part (from what I saw.) This is my third time out at this track, and the only time I raced it - so don't feel bad if you're slow, or having difficulties. It's taken me almost 2 years just to be where I'm at, and I'm not very fast!
Ya, I was having issues with off-throttle oversteer entering and just couldn't dial my feel coming out. When my tires went mid way it was pretty wild. Working on getting a wheel setup, but its a pretty big investment.

guess who has two thumbs and ran out of fuel on the last lap? :thumbsup: i had to jump to the pit and take a penalty, but at least i had gas again and could finish the race.

other than that it was a wonderful experience. the rolling start seemed to alieviate the congestion in turn one, although i missed the drama a tiny bit. (what can i say? im an ass!) i loved the mixed class racing! as a bit of a noob, it really gave a chance to consider passing points and racecraft. there were a few times when i started to go for a pass and realized at the last moment that i was about to divebomb! oops! :whistling:

im glad i was able to attend this race. the respect among drivers was impressive. thank you to everyone who participated and congrats to the podium in both classes.

Last edited:
Hello all!

Starting from the qualify were an Audi was struggling to maintain the track in my front when it shouldn't even be there, this was already a warning of what tonight would be.

The rolling start from the perspective of not having bugs, went all right. Very boring, though, tbh, although I could make an overtake at the end of T1 (Mark), and after 6 laps, after the chicane, he took me off the track (on braking of last turn) and didn't await for me, and I think Lauri was behind him and off they went. From there, a really ordinary race, and from my perspective the GT3s, different from last Sunday, were very flustered overall, zero patience in awaiting a straight to overtake. Eventually Lauri appeared and we changed positions couple of times until the end of lap 26, when I think de Jong, a lap behind me, decided to give a try at the chicane and a Ferrari watching the mess couldn't wait for this and I became the stuff of a sandwich again and ended up spinning.

Now I understand what "a race to be forgotten" is.

Anyway, hope to see you guys next Sunday. Although I've said I couldn't be present, it might have a chance. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the race!

--Fabiano.

PS: I had to return my friend's VR headset and tonight I was back to the single screen/opentrack-aruco setup. I really don't see the point in even being bothered in comparing VR with anything else (don't get me wrong, opentrack-aruco work flawlessly and I've enjoyed a lot for the time being). It's like comparing tube black&white TVs with full HD - you only understand what you were not seeing when you finally watch one. I'll write about this eventually.
You were lagging quite a bit, jumping back and forth when I was lapping you for the second time in the middle of the race. Might want to check your connection

Was a boring race, so thanks to Han for livening it up, and teaching me the splash and dash works well for the Porsche GT4.:thumbsup:
Bit marred by the second to last lap incident, just looked at the replay, really I was quite innocent really, almost, but Han had the worst stretch of road in racing history. First ran wide, then got all crossed up, lost a place, hit by a GT3 car, very naughty GT3 car, then got squashed by me in the corner.
To be fair to me, I find that easy to do, :unsure:I was hit three times to the corner, and that GT3 car really caused most of it.
Great race, learnt something into the bargain.
Well done Podiums and a special thank you to Brian for the organisation.
No problem with the rolling start. generally no problem with the GT3 cars.:)

You were lagging quite a bit, jumping back and forth when I was lapping you for the second time in the middle of the race. Might want to check your connection
Thank you for the heads up, although I really didn’t notice anything at all in the last four races. If others could confirm that it would be nice. I don’t think there is a way to recover techinical race data to check the ping, is it? By the way, I’m in the UK so lag shouldn’t be a concern.

Ya, I was having issues with off-throttle oversteer entering and just couldn't dial my feel coming out. When my tires went mid way it was pretty wild. Working on getting a wheel setup, but its a pretty big investment.
I know a few who are very quick with a hand controller, but a wheel just makes the whole experience so much better.:)

Thank you for the heads up, although I really didn’t notice anything at all in the last four races. If others could confirm that it would be nice. I don’t think there is a way to recover techinical race data to check the ping, is it? By the way, I’m in the UK so lag shouldn’t be a concern.
You can watch your replay if you have one. 33:30 time on mine which starts at one minute before the red lights out. Look out for other cars "jumping" unnaturally. I'm pretty sure it was on your end because the Z4 behind me was fine. Could be wireless connection jitter if you were using one

My POV:

Z4 POV:

Han's POV in the end of the race:

Last edited:
I'm using a G25 from about 14 years ago, and it's not in perfect condition. Last time out I struggled to make 2 minute lap times around here. Now I can hit 1:58s with some practice. If you stick with it, you'll get there.

Was a boring race, so thanks to Han for livening it up, and teaching me the splash and dash works well for the Porsche GT4.:thumbsup:
Bit marred by the second to last lap incident, just looked at the replay, really I was quite innocent really, almost, but Han had the worst stretch of road in racing history. First ran wide, then got all crossed up, lost a place, hit by a GT3 car, very naughty GT3 car, then got squashed by me in the corner.
To be fair to me, I find that easy to do, :unsure:I was hit three times to the corner, and that GT3 car really caused most of it.
Great race, learnt something into the bargain.
Well done Podiums and a special thank you to Brian for the organisation.
No problem with the rolling start. generally no problem with the GT3 cars.:)
Was it me? I hope it wasn't me. I had a very clean race, and only 2 bumps with GT4 cars. I think everything went really well. I've made mistakes in the past, yet feel I'm one of the more patient drivers when I do race. If it was me, apologies!

I found the moment, and I think this answers any questions regarding the incident fellas.
https://streamable.com/gztfd6

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back