• Deleted member 197115

22 years after initial release, Grand Prix Legends continues to improve and remain a relevant and impressive racing simulation - long after any period rivals have fallen by the roadside.
Those were some fine days. Hope my haircut doesn't look dated either.
1578282064435.png

we have all this cars and tacks, plus a zillion more, in glorious graphic and amazing VR in AC, this is utterly useless.

pure madness, total nonsense.

yes does not look a day older than 20 years old.

lucky you, it is called Assetto Corsa.

that any one takes this seriously demonstrate once more how insane this community is. 2020 and this what some guys get exited about! Disgusting.

Now here's an AC fanboy with no respect for what started it all and and for those who have kept it going for so long. Just an FYI, a lot of the mods for AC would not exist if not for GPL.

• Deleted member 197115

Now here's an AC fanboy with no respect for what started it all and and for those who have kept it going for so long. Just an FYI, a lot of the mods for AC would not exist if not for GPL.
Genuinely curios if there are any AC mods that are direct conversion form GPL.

that any one takes this seriously demonstrate once more how insane this community is. 2020 and this what some guys get exited about! Disgusting.

It's passion projects like this that allow us to experience era-or-subject-specific complete packages, not just sprinkled here and there as DLC and mod cars.

rF2 is the last remaining current generation open moddable platform and S397 isn't showing signs of opening up their own content - let's hope they keep the platform open.

We get what we deserve.

You can see what we get when we put our money into closed, unmoddable sims: Limited potential, limited support life, constrained by the vision of the developers, low bang for buck, short life-span.

But you see what we get when we support open, moddable sims: GPL 2020, GTR2 10th Anniversary, GTL 10th Anniversary, Race 07, AC Content Manager/Sol/Weather/Grass FX/10k mods/advanced shader physics, etc., and a 20+ year possible life span.

It's in the interests of developers to keep sims open, just like Assetto Corsa has proven, to keep people coming back to the sim.

It's in simmers' interest to keep supporting open sims, for our own benefit with mods, and to encourage developers to keep sims open in the first place.

Assetto Corsa Competizione and Automobilista 2 are harbingers of what's coming: The end of the infinite potential supported by platforms like AC1 and rFactor 2.

The future is actually darker, not brighter, than the present.

Choose your sims, wisely.

Genuinely curios if there are any AC mods that are direct conversion form GPL.

Honestly, I'm not sure about direct conversions but here is an example of what I'm referring to by what I said:

From the release of Grand Prix Legends 2.0 on F1 Classic

About the Mod:
Our goal was a homage to the original Grandprix Legends, therefore we tried to include the character and some of the physics data of GPL in this mod. E.g. torque curves, horsepower, rpm limits, gear and diff ratio’s are in close resemblance , same goes for suspension geometry and typical handling characteristics per car.

esc button a bit stiff, quite difficult to end session???

Anyway, tested it in Grand Prix mode which should be the hardest and without any driving aids, it was without any driving aids but, it was much easier to drive fast than the original GPL, is this still the same game engine or little bit more tire grip added? Or am I much better driver today...maybe. I still like it a lot but not even one spin with full throttle???

Everything else than esc works perfectly, Demo contains old graphics but you need to know that much better graphics available for the original GPL. Sounds are great as always, the roar of the engine rips your ears, yummy!!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.