Respect for historic content guys ! I still have to experience gpl for first time, and when I will it will be this mod I hope.

We also just got out something from this same branch for rF2. It is incredible how simulators allow us to make something "real". Although it is not real obviously, but all the observations, research, skills and knowledge that we gain can be transformed into something that you can experience in home with your simple desk and FFB wheel (that you wouldn't get you many upvotes in reddit :D). And it will match with real experience at some degree, depending on how good was the implementation, plus how sharp and true is the perception of a simracer.

• Deleted member 197115

Besides nostalgia for some, what is the compelling reason to use that over say AC which has most if not all these cars and perhaps tracks as either OEM or mod content. Looks tons better too AND supports VR.
No disrespect to the well respected title, but it's 2020 outside.

I bought my first FFB wheel to play GPL back in the day and it was soo hard, but definitely groundbreaking. It also was my first experience with multiplayer. Of course we're talking 15-20 years ago. If there was a proper quality mod package for AC that would do the trick for me. Not reinstalling for now.

Bizarre to say the least. I had GPL when it was released years ago. Groundbreaking for sure.

22 years later, hilariously outdated. Other than nostalgia I don’t quite under the continued obsession with this title.

Its akin to a group of enthusiasts obsessing over a Ford Model T for decades then making some minor modern upgrades and proudly proclaiming its still the best handling car ever made.

Or is this simply a love letter to Papyrus Design Group?

I mean those tracks do look better in this old game than the converts do in AC :whistling:

I mean how could anyone calls themselves a serious simmer not try the most historically correct Belgium ever produced ? :O_o: .and I am a rF2 fanboy I give that Belgium 95% GPL new Spa 100%

You would think more simmers would want to experience Kemmel kink how it really was no matter what they think of the sim

Couldn't get it to work. Wouldn't recognize my brake axis. Back to Raceroom....

It is mentioned in the instructions:

Tip: When you configure your wheel for the first time, it may happen that you cannot assign your Brake even so the demo detects it. If this happens, assign for example the >B< key (or any other key) on your keyboard just to be able to exit the Controls Assign window. Then click on the Calibrate Joystick(s) button. The Brake Axis 1 will display Unassigned, but even so you will be able to push your brake pedal and the calibration menu will show it. Calibrate your Steering, Throttle, Brake and Clutch, then click the OK button. Go back to the Joystick Calibration menu. Now you will be able to assign the brake pedal instead of the >B< key. Click on the Calibrate Joystick(s) button again. Calibrate your Steering, Throttle, Brake and Clutch again, then click the OK button.

index.php

index.php

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes