GT7 Gran Turismo 7 | Check Out The First Next Gen Gran Turismo 7 Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital and Sony have revealed the very first trailer for Gran Turismo 7 - set to debut on the next generation Sony PS 5, likely set to launch towards the end of the year.

We all pretty much knew the brand new PS5 would feature the latest and greatest from Polyphony Digital, and it looks like the developers haven't let fans down with the announcement on Thursday that the brand new Gran Turismo game will be released on the next generation console platform - the seventh instalment of the popular GT franchise.

Furthermore, Polyphony Digital also released a brand new reveal trailer, giving fans their first opportunity to see the new game in all of it's visual glory. For those wondering, yes, it does look rather tasty...

Firm details about the game have yet to be revealed, including content lists and release date, but no doubt Sony will continue drip feeding information to the hungry Gran Turismo player base over the coming weeks and months.

Gran Turismo 7 is set to launch on Sony PlayStation 5 at some point in the next few months.

Stay tuned to the GT7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions about this exciting new console racer.

GT7 1.jpg

I'm a huge GT fan, and hell, to see only one itteration of it on the PS4 is so sad, considering I bought the console just for this sole, only decent game that was GT Sport, we used to have 2 or 3 episodes on PS2 and PS3 (including prologues, which is what Sport is), and now I have to buy another console just for GT7, this is so dissapointing, even though I knew it wasn't coming to the PS4... This is what happens when you get your game out 4 years after the release of the console. I feel like I've been stabbed in the back by Sony and Polyphony.

20 years later and the cars still sound like synthesized blenders (not even real ones) and the physics are still MEH. I say 20 because i stopped at GT3. GT4 was graphically an improvement but that's about it. Every single one after that is the same deal. Indifferent content, indifferent physics, BAD sounds. The only thing that keeps improving is the graphics. GT has become more of a graphics DEMO for every new PS generation.

Not enough to pull me away from Xbox just as with PS4.

What? Most famous exclusives compared

PS4:
-Bloodborne
-Detroit: Become Human
-Driveclub
-God of War
-GT Sport
-Horizon: Zero Dawn
-The Last of Us Part II
-The Order: 1886
-Uncharted 4
-Until Dawn

Xbox One:
-Halo 5
-Forza Motorsport 7
-Gears of War 5
-Sea of Thieves

All of which available on PC too, so no need to buy the console if you own a decent rig. So, plenty of reasons to own a PS4 better than an XBox. Their exclusives offer is quite meager compared to Sony's.

What? Most famous exclusives compared

PS4:
-Bloodborne
-Detroit: Become Human
-Driveclub
-God of War
-GT Sport
-Horizon: Zero Dawn
-The Last of Us Part II
-The Order: 1886
-Uncharted 4
-Until Dawn

Xbox One:
-Halo 5
-Forza Motorsport 7
-Gears of War 5
-Sea of Thieves

All of which available on PC too, so no need to buy the console if you own a decent rig. So, plenty of reasons to own a PS4 better than an XBox. Their exclusives offer is quite meager compared to Sony's.

Plus the fact the xbox has a much better, user friendly interface. Controller on the xbox is 110% better to use than the PS4 controller, ps4 controller never felt natural and always made hands ache after playing for a while. Playstations user interface always made me feel like they didnt really care too much about a store etc but had to have one to keep up with the times. I had a ps4 and an xbox one at one point and sold the PS4 without hesitation because it never got played even with games like driveclub and gt sport available it never managed to switch my preference.

This is all personal opinion from my own experience before anyone decides to hang me.

I still have PS3 and by far most of my play time on that console was GT5 and 6 (haven't touched it in quite some time however). The only Forza I ever played was the original one from @ 2005. Never got PS4, and my son has an XBox One but he's not really into racing games. Not my favorite titles compared to AC, RF2, even PC2, but if you're a car junkie and accept that it's not actually "The Real Driving Simulator" there's plenty to like. Even on PS3, GT6 looked great. For this kind of game, I don't really care if the physics aren't ultra accurate - but I don't want them to be full arcade either. A mass appeal title like this needs to have a broad spectrum of difficulty options.

My biggest gripes with GT6 (all of the GT series actually) are the bad sounds - particularly the ones that aren't even remotely close to reality (listen to the Corvette C5.R and C6.R - my lawnmower sounds closer to the real cars), no qualifying, and most of the time you start last (16 cars max usually) and have 5 laps to get to the front. Basically means you need to drive like a madman and likely punt a bunch of AI along the way - "real driving" gives way to "I need to make this pass at all costs".

With PC3 looking like it will incorporate some elements of what GT traditionally has had, with car customization and apparently a more casual approach (if desired), it will be interesting to see if GT remains the king of this kind of driving game. I'd say probably yes, even if a good part of that is on name recognition alone.

After having seen the first video published of the console, with a girl entering a cave with a
terrain said to be made of billions of triangles, this new GT 7 doesn't look spectaculat at all.

The interiors of the cars are of rather equal quality than the ones in the GT 6 - if I remember
correctly; and the tracks objects, the trees, are a bit better than the rounded ones in GT 6, and maybe not as realistic looking as the trees in ACC... so, we'll see with newer videos, but this
game for such a powerful new console, doesn't look to me like a big step graphically...

The Gran Turismo franchise has reportedly grossed over $5Bn - I'm going to take a wild guess that PD and Sony probably know what they're doing.

Exactly...some people have a hard time understanding the needs of the many vs. the needs of the few, or the one. Why would Sony/Polyphony bring GT over to PC to this miserable and tiny lot, for this tribe to rip them a new one over simulation value like they've done to similar franchises like pCARS, Codemasters F1, Forza?

The GT series has its place in the gran scheme of things (as do most "sim-cade" titles many here scoff at)...every game that goes vrooom doesn't have to be the second coming of <insert favorite sim here>.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back