GT7 Gran Turismo 7 | Check Out The First Next Gen Gran Turismo 7 Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital and Sony have revealed the very first trailer for Gran Turismo 7 - set to debut on the next generation Sony PS 5, likely set to launch towards the end of the year.

We all pretty much knew the brand new PS5 would feature the latest and greatest from Polyphony Digital, and it looks like the developers haven't let fans down with the announcement on Thursday that the brand new Gran Turismo game will be released on the next generation console platform - the seventh instalment of the popular GT franchise.

Furthermore, Polyphony Digital also released a brand new reveal trailer, giving fans their first opportunity to see the new game in all of it's visual glory. For those wondering, yes, it does look rather tasty...

Firm details about the game have yet to be revealed, including content lists and release date, but no doubt Sony will continue drip feeding information to the hungry Gran Turismo player base over the coming weeks and months.

Gran Turismo 7 is set to launch on Sony PlayStation 5 at some point in the next few months.

Stay tuned to the GT7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions about this exciting new console racer.

GT7 1.jpg

Well Sony and PD lost me with GT5 with the Premium/standard nonsense, couldn't be bothered with GT6. GTsport just twisted the knife as I'm sp only so I didn't bother with a PS4 at all (mainly get PSs for GTs). I miss my eye candy, this looks promising.

Many who play on the PC do so exclusively on the PC.
As i say Sony not very .... SMART.

Erm do you guys even know the extent of what you're asking for with a PC port?
PlayStation has its own proprietary graphics API and a top level platform exclusive like GT would use the low level Gnm API to look as good as possible to showcase what the hardware is capable of.
True Unreal 5 looks like it could be closing the gap to platform dedicated engines but this doesn't magically mean the source code to GT is suddenly portable or easily ported to a multiplatform engine.

You're asking Sony to completely rewrite the graphics engine to also use DirectX or somehow abstract out the core of the game so it can use Unreal Engine? A massive job! All this for what a hundred thousand PC users? So that a lot of them can torrent it for free? Meanwhile they no longer have a showcase product that can help sell consoles?

I think Sony are very smart not to do that.

My problem is racing games look too shiny. GT looks like a car polishers dream and things just don't look like this in reality. The dimensions are right etc but real life isn't as bold as computer games portray it. It's pretty dull sometimes.

Still, at least we've got past the ludicrous bloom that Codemasters used to use.

The second half of the trailer where the driver is trying to overtake the P917 looks quite realistic.
I mean the behaviour (sliding/movement) of the 2 cars looks quite reasonable.
Just compare it to the hillarious floating of the cars in the GTR3 trailer :roflmao:

EDIT: Im becomming so old the I confused GTR3 with pCars3 :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm do you guys even know the extent of what you're asking for with a PC port?
PlayStation has its own proprietary graphics API and a top level platform exclusive like GT would use the low level Gnm API to look as good as possible to showcase what the hardware is capable of.
True Unreal 5 looks like it could be closing the gap to platform dedicated engines but this doesn't magically mean the source code to GT is suddenly portable or easily ported to a multiplatform engine.

You're asking Sony to completely rewrite the graphics engine to also use DirectX or somehow abstract out the core of the game so it can use Unreal Engine? A massive job! All this for what a hundred thousand PC users? So that a lot of them can torrent it for free? Meanwhile they no longer have a showcase product that can help sell consoles?

I think Sony are very smart not to do that.
Add in rampant piracy and endemic cheating on PC and it does look like PD and Sony have the right idea for their business model.

Shame the AI, sound effects and physics will all be sub-par, unless PD have had a major rethink on priorities (less energy invested in picture modes and more effort on how the cars drive/race).

But it will be shiny as f.

I recently play a lot of gt4 on the pc (emulator+g27+4k resolution) and i say this: GT4 is even today a absolute blast and really astonishing when you think of what they squeezed out of the ps2.
GT5+6 for the ps3 i played also but compared to gt4 they wherent that polished and "perfect" like gt4 was - for me Gt5 also looked better then gt6 :speechless:
When GT7 is "perfect" like GT4 i definitely get a PS5 only for that game!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 292 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%