GT7 Gran Turismo 7 | Check Out The First Next Gen Gran Turismo 7 Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital and Sony have revealed the very first trailer for Gran Turismo 7 - set to debut on the next generation Sony PS 5, likely set to launch towards the end of the year.

We all pretty much knew the brand new PS5 would feature the latest and greatest from Polyphony Digital, and it looks like the developers haven't let fans down with the announcement on Thursday that the brand new Gran Turismo game will be released on the next generation console platform - the seventh instalment of the popular GT franchise.

Furthermore, Polyphony Digital also released a brand new reveal trailer, giving fans their first opportunity to see the new game in all of it's visual glory. For those wondering, yes, it does look rather tasty...

Firm details about the game have yet to be revealed, including content lists and release date, but no doubt Sony will continue drip feeding information to the hungry Gran Turismo player base over the coming weeks and months.

Gran Turismo 7 is set to launch on Sony PlayStation 5 at some point in the next few months.

Stay tuned to the GT7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions about this exciting new console racer.

GT7 1.jpg

Im interested but i hope Polyphony realize they cant just keep selling a car masturbation game over and over again with prettier graphics more tracks and cars.

People WANT something new. Support for weather/night and dynamic weather/time of day, maybe free roaming, maybe better car deformation or destruction, indepth customization, i love gran turismo but its painful to see how little its been evolving compared to the first game. Other than doing performance upgrades, rim and tire changes, adding a spoiler and a VERY basic bodykit selection the game is just a "souped up" version of the previous game.

This hasnt really been a revealling thats made people gasp
All the things reflected are showing on screen, could be "just" SSR.

The guys at Digital Foundry were talking briefly about it, they seem to think the title uses RT-but also on other parts of the trailer. Might explain why only 8 cars are used in the race why don't know how far from release this title is.

This hasnt really been a revealling thats made people gasp

The guys at Digital Foundry were talking briefly about it, they seem to think the title uses RT-but also on other parts of the trailer. Might explain why only 8 cars are used in the race why don't know how far from release this title is.
I've just watched it and they do consider it possible, some things like just on the players car, or just on replays... nothing confirmed we'll see.

I still have PS3 and by far most of my play time on that console was GT5 and 6 (haven't touched it in quite some time however). The only Forza I ever played was the original one from @ 2005. Never got PS4, and my son has an XBox One but he's not really into racing games. Not my favorite titles compared to AC, RF2, even PC2, but if you're a car junkie and accept that it's not actually "The Real Driving Simulator" there's plenty to like. Even on PS3, GT6 looked great. For this kind of game, I don't really care if the physics aren't ultra accurate - but I don't want them to be full arcade either. A mass appeal title like this needs to have a broad spectrum of difficulty options.

My biggest gripes with GT6 (all of the GT series actually) are the bad sounds - particularly the ones that aren't even remotely close to reality (listen to the Corvette C5.R and C6.R - my lawnmower sounds closer to the real cars), no qualifying, and most of the time you start last (16 cars max usually) and have 5 laps to get to the front. Basically means you need to drive like a madman and likely punt a bunch of AI along the way - "real driving" gives way to "I need to make this pass at all costs".

With PC3 looking like it will incorporate some elements of what GT traditionally has had, with car customization and apparently a more casual approach (if desired), it will be interesting to see if GT remains the king of this kind of driving game. I'd say probably yes, even if a good part of that is on name recognition alone.

Good points, the sounds need to be a lot better, and totally agree with no quali, starting last and short races......I think I remember why GT5 was my last GT!!!!

I bought GTS a few weeks back and it honestly really doesn't control that different from actual racing sims except you have a bit more grip and it's a tiny bit more forgiving. lol at the response on here

(GT7 actually being a game and not a physics tech demo is certainly a point in its favor already)

Plus the fact the xbox has a much better, user friendly interface.
I used to think this, but that was mostly in the days I played the 360 and found the PS3 pretty damn clunky. Due the lack of exclusives on the one, most of my friends and I ended up playing more on the PS4 and I have found that it's a lot more responsive and intuitive and going back to the one UI was a little jarring, but I suspect that is mostly down to what you use the most and probably my age! :)

Controller on the xbox is 110% better to use than the PS4 controller, ps4 controller never felt natural and always made hands ache after playing for a while.
I also prefer the xbox layout, but most of my friends find the DS4 more comfortable with extended use. In fact, I actually liked larger controller you got with the older xbox, so I usually end up getting something like the nacon to use on the PS4 which is a lot closer to that and I can play for a lot longer then.

I'll probably get both again at some point, I usually do, but I'll be checking the exclusive list a little more closely this time around to see which one to get first.

I used to think this, but that was mostly in the days I played the 360 and found the PS3 pretty damn clunky. Due the lack of exclusives on the one, most of my friends and I ended up playing more on the PS4 and I have found that it's a lot more responsive and intuitive and going back to the one UI was a little jarring, but I suspect that is mostly down to what you use the most and probably my age! :)

I also prefer the xbox layout, but most of my friends find the DS4 more comfortable with extended use. In fact, I actually liked larger controller you got with the older xbox, so I usually end up getting something like the nacon to use on the PS4 which is a lot closer to that and I can play for a lot longer then.

I'll probably get both again at some point, I usually do, but I'll be checking the exclusive list a little more closely this time around to see which one to get first.

Welll its funny because back when i was a kid my dad bought us an original Playstation. Thats where my gaming began. Before that i never had a nintendo 64 but did have a sega megadrive. Then went PS2. Then from there i went Xbox 360 and never really been able to get to grips with Playstation since. Its a bit like Gran Turismo. Its a great game but i used to get really frustrated with the menus. Forza seemed easier to use. Id love to have the chance to buy both at some point but unfortunately gaming kind of takes a back foot these days to other things that are way more important.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%