good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Greets @Peter Boese

Is it mean, that after last version i'm should to make revision/edits of mine pp-filter to fit new settings for all weather types? (never used "custom" pp-filter)

Thanks!as always. One of best (at least) graphical mods for AC.
Kind regards

Greets @Peter Boese

Is it mean, that after last version i'm should to make revision/edits of mine pp-filter to fit new settings for all weather types? (never used "custom" pp-filter)

Thanks!as always. One of best (at least) graphical mods for AC.
Kind regards
Hi,

If you use gbwSuite 1.3 with your own PPFilter, then you have to edit them. But its not that much. If it was perfect for you with gbwSuite 1.2, just divide your exposure value with 1.7 and it will fit! Also the virtual mirror will be perfect then.

Hi,

If you use gbwSuite 1.3 with your own PPFilter, then you have to edit them. But its not that much. If it was perfect for you with gbwSuite 1.2, just divide your exposure value with 1.7 and it will fit! Also the virtual mirror will be perfect then.
As far as I understand, the gbwSuite replaces any custom PPFilter you set in options with it's own pre-configured PPFilter from weather folder (check the in-game app). Isn't it?

• Deleted member 197115

As far as I understand, the gbwSuite replaces any custom PPFilter you set in options with it's own pre-configured PPFilter from weather folder (check the in-game app). Isn't it?
Only if you launch with CM and have "Use custom PP weather filter" option checked.

If you forgot to backup them, except the forbidden method ( you surely guess what I mean ... and I quite understand why ).... only a Verify Integrity will work to get the original files back. :(

I found them in the natural AC mod on RD. The default weathers, so sorted it, i quite like them along side the GBW mod.

Also i noticed the GWB mod is so so sharp, i did quite like the slight blur to the edge the default had, not sure if it was sweetfx that changed it or what, but anyway to manually get some of the what i assume is chromatic aberration back?
cheers

I'm not in front of my laptop to check, but I thought the default weathers were included in GBW Suite in the Content > Weathers folder. Perhaps I'm mistaken. Glad to see you got it worked out.

In fact, the original files are not included in the GBW Suite.... but only improved ones as explained in the pdf manual.

The basic functionalities
Keep in Mind! The complex weather of gbW Suite are not usable for Online Racing!
BUT I integrated a replacement of the default weather with much better clouds and colors,
so you will have also some graphical improvements for online sessions.

And that's why this also appears in the same manual: ;)

Delete every weather in the weather path
1. Goto your AC main folder, then in “content”, then in “weather”!
2. Make a folder “Backup”
3. Move all folders and files to the folder “Backup”
Now nothing should be in the weather folder,
instead of the folder “Backup”.
It is very important, that only gbW Suite weather are in the
weather folder!
* Experienced user may leave their weather inside the
folder, but they have to change the “use as” property of
all none gbW Suite weather to “none” !!!

But, sometimes, it should be better to join a "not_readme.txt" than a Readme one. :D .... more should maybe read it. :p

Just an observation and not blaming .... but it seems to become a generality. :cry:

With gbwSuite 1.4 a big big change is coming!

Content Manager will have procedural creation of the weather files (weather.ini, colorcurves.ini, filter.ini and the particles).
So its possible to script the weather related to external values like time.
Therefore its possible then to adapt the weather with all its parameters perfectly to the chosen time.
My biggest struggle with AC-weather was the static fog/distance color. So i decided to split the weathers to compensate it, along with other things.
BUT NOW i can create dynamically weather which is perfectly adapted to the time - its not dynamic in game!!!

The next big point is, the filter.ini is now relative to the main-PPFilter, just the changes are coded. That means gbwSuite is now compatible to other PPFilters also with its custom weather filters.

So here are some first pictures of the dynamic generated variants of the "scattered clouds" weather. Look at the distance, its always fitting to the scene :
1pleAjr.jpg

ADSnqVo.jpg

yXd9Cbc.jpg

49Pn7t5.jpg

Last edited:
In fact, the original files are not included in the GBW Suite.... but only improved ones as explained in the pdf manual.

And that's why this also appears in the same manual: ;)

Delete every weather in the weather path
1. Goto your AC main folder, then in “content”, then in “weather”!
2. Make a folder “Backup”
3. Move all folders and files to the folder “Backup”
Now nothing should be in the weather folder,
instead of the folder “Backup”.
It is very important, that only gbW Suite weather are in the
weather folder!
* Experienced user may leave their weather inside the
folder, but they have to change the “use as” property of
all none gbW Suite weather to “none” !!!

But, sometimes, it should be better to join a "not_readme.txt" than a Readme one. :D .... more should maybe read it. :p

Just an observation and not blaming .... but it seems to become a generality. :cry:

Its really not hard to get them back though.

If i wanted to do a fresh install of this mod what exactly would i have to remove from my AC folders? I installed 3.3 1st as top of the download list, then saw the new version so simply installed that over the 3.3 (i know).. so how to start again fresh?

If i wanted to do a fresh install of this mod what exactly would i have to remove from my AC folders? I installed 3.3 1st as top of the download list, then saw the new version so simply installed that over the 3.3 (i know).. so how to start again fresh?
fresh - if you have gbw 3.3 installed?

Delete this:

in main folder
-reshade-shaders - folder
-dxgi.dll
-dxgi.ini
gbW_reshade.ini

in \system\cfg\ppfilters:
-__gbW.ini
-__gbW AE.ini

all things in the content\weather\ folder

Download gbwSuite 1.3 + optional gbwSuite Reshade and install them.
Both have a manual, but just copy the content of the zips to your AC main folder

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of sorcery you practice @Peter Boese, but I like it! Looks beautiful in that video. I have just one question, will this affect memory usage in any way? Keep up the awesome work!
No. The weather itself are the same, but they're dynamically generated. The advantage with this is the gbwSuite pack will become much smaller. Then i will have only 1 weather per type, but the visual improvement is huge compared to gbwSuite 1.3.

And there is another fantastic option. Because of the dynamic scripts, i can adapt the weather to the tracks also. For some difficult tracks, i modulate the parameters of the weather to get a more realistic view. For example "Alto Tajo" had a to dark distance, so i boost the brightness of the distance. But you will not notice it. Its just 1 weather which is automatically doing is thing.

Here are the already adapted weather "Scattered" and "Overcast" with "track adaption" to "Tajo":
Mpv7pfC.jpg

Q9l5gU9.jpg

Sorcery indeed! :D

I wonder if Kunos themselves ever imagined AC would be manipulated to such an extent :confused: This looks fantastic, and I can't wait to start using it in AC - thank you! :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.