good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
It is incredible, the whole package and the amount of free mods etc. Then add to that once you go to content manager, simply amazing.
Even getting some of the bad and old car mods and having fun in content manager trying to improve them is a fun little game in itself!

sry to ask but a noob here ,do i have to install content manager to make this addon work?
"The complex weather of gbwSuite are not compatible for online racing and require Content Manger"
For most of the weather you need Content Manager. They are using special functions, like custom clouds, etc.
In the pack is also a replacement of the default weather. This 7 weather don't need Content Manager. They are made do have nice weather with online racing.
But i recommend to use Content Manager for Assetto Corsa, because it is a great addition to AC. It will add features you will absolutelly miss ones you start with CM and then go back to the standard AC launcher...

The next version of gbwSuite will be 2.0
The changes and improvements are this huge to jump on this number.

Because of the scripting i can also realise a dawn&dusk algorithm for some of the weather.
I will take the first and the last 30 minutes of the day (8:00-8:30/17:30-18:00) and create some colorful scenery dependend on time.
So you can then choose a time within this and will get a varity of sunrise- and sunset-ambiences.

Here is the dawn&dusk setting for "Mist" weather:
8:00
C2CtGNl.jpg

8:30
LiEL6bT.jpg

17:30
3AloxE9.jpg

18:00
QV7vHSv.jpg

wow just tried this with CM lite ,and its mindblowing brilliant stuff thank you for your work
,btw is it normal that theres no rain drops in rainy conditions?

Alex, I think the idea is to create weather surroundings, so no actual impact on track conditions, track / car surfaces etc. Might be wrong though as I've only just installed this myself and been equally as impressed as you've been! Am sure I read that in the initial description on page 1.

wow just tried this with CM lite ,and its mindblowing brilliant stuff thank you for your work
,btw is it normal that theres no rain drops in rainy conditions?
Hi,

Sadly AC has no rain. Was never the goal. So the only thing i could do is, to create an illusion of rainy weather with the surroundings and modifiy the tyre_smoke shader the show something like spray.
Sadly...

Oh my... those screenshots really are stunning! :confused: Talk about photorealistic... :inlove:

I am so excited about this update, to what is already an amazing mod. I never thought it could get any better :thumbsup:

Peter Boese updated good and bad weather SUITE with a new update entry:

procedural weather generation

gbwSuite 2.0 is a complete rebuild of all weather to use the CM feature "procedural weather generation".

Before installing, please remove all gbwSuite 1.x weather !!!
-> delete all “0_gbW_...” folders in the weather folder !

It offers many features like correct distant scenery, dusk/dawn-algorithms, rain spray, correct virtual mirror and is compatible to the kunos PPfilter and other graphic mods....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks! Clarification, regarding online (VR)...
Keep in Mind! The complex weather of gbW Suite are not usable for Online Racing!
BUT I integrated a replacement of the default weather with much better clouds and colors,
so you will have also some graphical improvements for online sessions.

does this mean in CM, we have to assign the 'default' under PP filter? Or still select _gbWSuite and CM will automatically assign it?

I just installed v2.0 this morning and I have to say on first impressions, I preferred the look of v1.3 more. It seamed more natural and softer - I'm sorry :(

I must admit, I only tried one type (broken clouds) but I saw a bit of repetition, and areas of the sky with 'cloud edges' but no clouds.

IX3InCF.jpg

VkTgFom.jpg

KNrXs2K.jpg

I think it has great potential, though, but for now I have reverted back to v1.3. Thanks for your hard work and I'm sorry to mention these details :unsure:

Got to agree with Fat-Alfie only difference I tried the few clouds (always liked that one) but now the clouds is just white missing the nice shadow they had on them in earlier versions.

I will test some more but as it is right now I liked v1.3 more.....

I just installed v2.0 this morning and I have to say on first impressions, I preferred the look of v1.3 more. It seamed more natural and softer - I'm sorry :(

I must admit, I only tried one type (broken clouds) but I saw a bit of repetition, and areas of the sky with 'cloud edges' but no clouds.

IX3InCF.jpg

VkTgFom.jpg

KNrXs2K.jpg

I think it has great potential, though, but for now I have reverted back to v1.3. Thanks for your hard work and I'm sorry to mention these details :unsure:

Got to agree with Fat-Alfie only difference I tried the few clouds (always liked that one) but now the clouds is just white missing the nice shadow they had on them in earlier versions.

Be sure you use the latest version of CM. It seems the procedural generation is not working.

I wilk put the textures of the 1.3 few clouds to the coming 2.1 "hot" weather. I wanted to have really small clouds for "few clouds"

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.