good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 197115

Virtual Mirror brightness is AC known issue
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...arview-mirror-brightness-is-controlled.42586/
I guess as future development of AC is halted, the chances of this to be fixed by Kunos are non existent.
Peter mentioned some possible workaround with manually brightened screen area via reshade at some point.
It's not that bad really, just slightly darker, but yeah, not uniform with the rest of the scene brightness.

Even though I'm really happy with everything in the Suite, Peter ... I have to admit there's a little problem with the virtual mirror view.

I never noticed the virtual mirror was so dark looking before using gbw ... and wondered where the problem might be now.
Reading the Teppopups's post above ... and his comment about the virtual mirror ... I know now I'm not the only one noticing its darkness. Virtual mirror is something very useful and recommended in Online races .... ( single screen user in my case )
so .... do you have an easy solution to improve this point ?

There's maybe just a little tweak to do somewhere in one or other file ?

Knowing your taste for perfect things ... sure you'll find a solution. ;) :thumbsup:
I found a solution! But it means i have to mathematically convert every single weather file in the pack and check it. This would take a lot of time. But the bigger advantage will be, it is then compatible with all the other graphic mods out there. It will take its time...
9mNa6Dl.jpg

Virtual Mirror brightness is AC known issue
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...arview-mirror-brightness-is-controlled.42586/
I guess as future development of AC is halted, the chances of this to be fixed by Kunos are non existent.
Peter mentioned some possible workaround with manually brightened screen area via reshade at some point.
It's not that bad really, just slightly darker, but yeah, not uniform with the rest of the scene brightness.
I can now fix it. The proplem is caused by auto exposure, better said by different exposure levels. The rendering of the virtual mirror is independend. But with a fixed exposure in the PPFilter adapted to the virtual mirror and all weather adapted to this PPFilter - IT will fit. The picture above is made with a roughly corrected weather and filter. So its possible...

The rendering of the virtual mirror is independend.

Quite obvious, Peter ;)
No matter the brightness outside or/and the weather type or/and the time of day .... the virtual mirror always appear the same ( more or less anyway ).

Your picture shows a perfect virtual mirror :thumbsup: .... but as you mentioned in the previous post this means a lot of work and time ( a Long and Winding Road ? :whistling: )....

Take your time, Peter .... as we already have a perfect view at the front.... we can manage the back with other position apps ( Helicorsa and/or Crew Chief ) in the meantime.

Thanks for your work ... it's already a ... huge one ! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your feedback!

You have to use Content Manager.
Are you sure you use the “__gbWSuite” PP-Filter.
Are you sure you checked:
"Replace clouds by weather’s clouds if exist",
"Use custom weather’s PP-filter",
"Use custom weather’s particles"

There is a chapter "Necessary settings" on page 9 in the manual.

best regards,
Peter

Yep! Exactly as in the manual.

Last edited:
Its done!!!

Gladly i was able to automate the whole convertion process. So, the whole suite and the default weather are converted and every weather is prepared to get a well fitted virtual mirror.
BUT! I had to adapt the kunos default crowds files too. But now everything is fine and it worked with the kunos filters and other mods - finally...

yNya4Km.jpg

jUXIAsk.jpg

v2f5tpw.jpg

KDwpETU.jpg

G3zoFbN.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

Yay, thanks a bunch, Peter!
Will you upload the new version?

Awesome work... been using this and your previous weather mod for ages now.. adds so much more immersion.
I do have a question, perhaps slightly off topic. I had the good & bad weather mod which installed re-shade and then on putting in this suite it wasn't needed any more. I've turned all the options off, which has given me back some fps (mainly when recording it is helpful) but how do I remove re-shade and go back to normal so it doesn't still load every time I start a session. Apologies if this is in the documentation somewhere but I seem to have missed it.

P.S. here's a quick video I made to show off my wet tires for RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 using your weather (suite version)..

Awesome work... been using this and your previous weather mod for ages now.. adds so much more immersion.
I do have a question, perhaps slightly off topic. I had the good & bad weather mod which installed re-shade and then on putting in this suite it wasn't needed any more. I've turned all the options off, which has given me back some fps (mainly when recording it is helpful) but how do I remove re-shade and go back to normal so it doesn't still load every time I start a session. Apologies if this is in the documentation somewhere but I seem to have missed it.

P.S. here's a quick video I made to show off my wet tires for RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 using your weather (suite version)..
Hi,

Just rename or delete the dxgi.dll in the main folder...

I realized that the pp filter applied in the game is not that of _gbWs but _cm_weather is normal? Thank you for your reply.
Content Manager brought the option to use custom PPFilter per weather. The __gbwSuite.ini is the main filter, which is used for the default weather and some weather of the pack. But for many weather/parts i do a special variant of "__gbwSuite.ini".

For example, i lift the contrast for dark/bad weather, to get it more intense. For bright and sunny weather it is helpful to raise the gamma, to create a humid feeling. Then i adapt the color temperature to the time - colder colors for low sun positions, warmer for daytimes. The most important thing, why i use this, is to adapt the godrays for a believable sky at low sun positions.

So if you look into a weather folder, you will see a filter.ini. This is a modified __gbwSuite variant.
If a weather has its own custom filter, CM copies the filter.ini to the system/cfg/ppfilter path, renames it to "cm_weather.ini" and force AC to use this one as the current PPFilter, just for the time AC is running. If you quit a race, CM reverts all this.

So if you see "cm_weather" in the PostProcessing-app its a good sign you have the best visual quality.

Last edited:
Many thanks Peter for this very accurate answer. I suspected a transition effect because I have never found _cm_weather in any file. Again, congratulations for this mod that continues to evolve and I never part (with the reshade that goes with elsewhere).

What do I use for VR? I must have something incompatible as the screen was too bright when I raced online. Set it up exact per .pdf file and in CM. Can you help pls.

What do I use for VR? I must have something incompatible as the screen was too bright when I raced online. Set it up exact per .pdf file and in CM. Can you help pls.
Duplicate the __gbwSuite.ini in /system/cfg/ppfilter and name the new file default.ini

I did a big change in the filter in version 1.3

Also there is an option in CM to automatic do this process. I'm not on my pc, but it should be in the video setting. It called something like: use current filter for vr, or something...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back