good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Good idea, Peter, for giving a short reminder of what to install to take advantage of all apps ... which are improving day by day nearly .... by X4fab, Blamer and Henter.

It's going so fast sometimes that it's harder to follow this rich and perfect improvements in AC when not following them day by day. ;)

So thanks to all of you for creating such marvelous things, giving a second life to AC.

Good idea, too, Blamer to have split the BLM Lights app ... and your perfect explanation in BLM Car .... as I always thought from the start that this BLM LIghts app was mostly done for creating lights on tracks for modders... so I should not even have the idea to look at this app for any other meanings than the one at the start. :thumbsup:

NB: now I have to find a bit of free time to enjoy all the new stuff

I just came here to say thank you - I cannot imagine running Assetto Corsa without GBW Suite!
The evolution in graphics improvement due to mods such as GBW Suite and Ilja's dynamic lights shader mod has brought Assetto Corsa to such high quality I would never have imagined just a few months ago.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_ks_silverstone_29-9-118-12-45-55.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_porto_piana_29-9-118-15-37-14.jpg

Thank you!

latest bugFIX 04 (30.09.2018 - 18:30):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3re6x3lgoybwf33/__gbwSuite_2_5_1__fix_04.rar?dl=0

- clouds were invisible with bugFIX 03

- new config parameter, sun__simulate_correct_position = true/false (to deactivate solar functions for correct sun position)

- tonumber() fix for sun_heading_angle
- fixed script error "...filter.lua(43..."
- fixed overbloom with Triplescreen
- fixed overbloom with non european tracks

Last edited:
To get an immersive experience of rain with working wipers, windscreen and road effects, please follow this steps:

1. install Shader Patch v0.1.23-preview92-rc2 or later:
    https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1S1mHc2R48kWQGCi-LyV83hRB_BU0zURO

2. install Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso 1.61:
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-wet-mod-by-a-fracasso.22468/

3. install BLM Lights and BLM Car
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blm-lights.22463/
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blm-car.23472/
    Activate them in CM:
    Goto CM’s SETTINGS → ASSETTO CORSA → APPS

check the check boxes of “BLM Lights” and “BLM Car”!

4. Choose a “wet” variant of a track like “Red Bull Ring wet”. Choose a weather – every gbwSuite weather supports the “wet” particles.

5. Select a Kunos car (or a mod car, which supports wipers)

6. Start an AC session via DRIVE menu.

7. When driving, choose the BLM Apps (via the dock on the right side, scoll down to the last apps)

8. Activate “Wet” to get the additional wet shader effects.

9. Press on the raindrops button to increase windscreen raindrops and get the wipers moving.
LvQeDUQ.jpg

Thank You x4fab and henter!​
How can I install the preview shaders?? Ty so much ;D

No matter what I try I cannot get the road spray to look like that brands thunderstorm vid.
For me the mist is to dark with a brown tint I see heavy particles coming off the wheels
when the cars get 4-5 lengths ahead they seem like a ghost car in the fog.
not at all natural like that vid.

No matter what I try I cannot get the road spray to look like that brands thunderstorm vid.
For me the mist is to dark with a brown tint I see heavy particles coming off the wheels
when the cars get 4-5 lengths ahead they seem like a ghost car in the fog.
not at all natural like that vid.

If it helps, these are the settings I ran for those vids.

lds_fg.jpg

djkdsakjda.jpg

Although it's kind of preaching to the choir, I thought I might as well chuck up a couple of quick and dirty vids anyway :D

Epic stuff! Enjoyed that! :thumbsup:

On the basis that you're running in VR, those videos are really clear and detailed, especially considering everything that's going on!

Can I ask what CPU / GPU combo you are using and if the replays have been captured within AC / CM and are 'vanilla' or whether you are using another capture app, e.g OBS?

Cheers,

Steve

@Steve D
Cheers :)
I was running an 8600k / GTX1080 / Rift for those, but the real secret is that I'm perfectly happy to lock FPS to 45 and turn up a few settings, since I don't really feel the difference between 45 and 90 in this.

I used Mirillis Action to capture the video live, which is just recording the desktop mirror with little performance hit.

If I get this message from CM, what have I missed?
wetter.jpg
I followed the instructions, it's quite confusing cobbling together all the pieces mentioned in the Night and Weather thread in AC Main Forum.

Something must have gone wrong - only driven in the night (which is awesome) - would like to add the odd thunderstorm, any help apreciated, thanks!
(using it with a HTC Vive, no clue if this even works)

If I get this message from CM, what have I missed?
View attachment 272157
I followed the instructions, it's quite confusing cobbling together all the pieces mentioned in the Night and Weather thread in AC Main Forum.

Something must have gone wrong - only driven in the night (which is awesome) - would like to add the odd thunderstorm, any help apreciated, thanks!
(using it with a HTC Vive, no clue if this even works)
Hi,

please do this update:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3re6x3lgoybwf33/__gbwSuite_2_5_1__fix_04.rar?dl=0

Since gbwSuite 2.4, i release hotfixes and post them on the overview page of this mod. Later when many bugs are fixed, i will release a new version.

The next release (more a bugfix release) is coming soon. I'm just waiting for CM to update. Then with the new CM version, you can choose a race DATE. Due to gbwSuites correct sun position and weather functions, the ambient then looks like it should look on this date.

Bathurst:
21.12./ 15:00 / 27°C
VFqWe2w.jpg

11.09. / 15:00 / 17°C
baoK4EZ.jpg

21.06. / 15:00 / 10°C
7X0GBqy.jpg

This is already possible, but you have to edit a file - then its possible over the UI of CM.
Also with gbwSuite 2.5.1 all Kunos race tracks will have the correct sun position. Kunos did strange heading corrections. If you ever thought, why the sunset on barcelona race track is in the mointains in the north east and sunrise is in the north west - it was always wrong with the release of this track.
Here is the correct version:

Barcelona 1.10. 7:50 sunrise
kT98NcZ.jpg

bfmr89Q.jpg

Last edited:
Epic stuff! Enjoyed that! :thumbsup:

On the basis that you're running in VR, those videos are really clear and detailed, especially considering everything that's going on!

Can I ask what CPU / GPU combo you are using and if the replays have been captured within AC / CM and are 'vanilla' or whether you are using another capture app, e.g OBS?

Cheers,

Steve
Just a little update on my last post to you about that 45fps thing... It turns out that I was getting way less performance than I should have.
Basically, I just upgraded to a 1080Ti and was getting roughly the same performance with low cpu/gpu usage - not even hitting 90 on an empty track, never mind one with other cars. This was with a 1080Ti @2ghz & 8600k @4.8ghz.

After a windows reinstall, I can run those settings or higher with other cars and not dip below 90 with PP effects and all.
God knows how long I'd been putting up with subpar fps with the last two cards because I was too lazy to reinstall, but you live and learn... :D

Sorry for the off topic, but it just might help someone who happens to come across this.

Just a little update on my last post to you about that 45fps thing... It turns out that I was getting way less performance than I should have.
Basically, I just upgraded to a 1080Ti and was getting roughly the same performance with low cpu/gpu usage - not even hitting 90 on an empty track, never mind one with other cars. This was with a 1080Ti @2ghz & 8600k @4.8ghz.

After a windows reinstall, I can run those settings or higher with other cars and not dip below 90 with PP effects and all.
God knows how long I'd been putting up with subpar fps with the last two cards because I was too lazy to reinstall, but you live and learn... :D

Sorry for the off topic, but it just might help someone who happens to come across this.
What was the problem whit your original windows installation?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 34.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 140 57.4%