- ver. 1.3.0
- Create, edit, delete lights
- UI personalization
- Vertex AO switcher
- Something else I forgot (I'm getting old...)
This time is a pretty big update, introducing the possibility to create, edit and delete the Light Sources from within the app.
The app is mainly targeted to lights config creators that know what they're doing, but of course everybody can try to modify the lights according to their tastes.
Be aware that there are parameters that can be really heavy on fps, like RANGE (if too high) and CLUSTER_THRESHOLD (if too low), so try to understand how each parameter works and take a look at the fps statistics and graph that will help you undersstand if you're going in the right direction.
There are a lot of options - available in a nice UI via Content Manager under settings > apps > BLM Lights - that allow you to personalize the interface and the app's behaviour. I'd like to point out a couple of these that I think are important:
How many lights sources will be desplayed in each column in both the main window and the selector window
If checked it doesn't show the names but only the descriptions of the Light Sources for a more compact interface.
Is the time needed to save changes and reload lights. Play with it to find the right value based on your PC. Test it activating/deactivating lights till you see the lights turno on/off with the switch, if they don't you have to increase the time to allow the app to load them.
If checked shows the limits of the inut text in the Editor window
Don't copy/paste values in the input text because the Assetto Corsa controls don't allow it.
Update lo the latest Lights Shader Patch preview version (https://discord.gg/TNgUPfY) if you already haven't or wait for the next coming stable release. Ilja (aka x4fab) just introduced a new method increase quality with Ambient Occlusion pre-baked shadows. You can switch the status of the AO from within the app.
Check the video at the top of the page for a quick demo of the app.
Don't modify the file while opened by the app because changes could be lost.
Should you ever wanted to offer me a (cold) beer...
What's new in latest versions:
- ver. 188.8.131.52
- New setting in the options: you can choose if being prompted for config file creation
- The window will automatically close if no selection is made without creating the file
- ver. 1.3.1
- Possibility to create the configuration file if not found
- New parameters: KEY_0 and SINGLE_FREQUENCY
- Option to save or not (new default) the max values reached by lights count to file
- ver. 184.108.40.206
- Fully customizable interface colors
- Choose what to show at app start
- New visual alert (a green or red led icon) when current FPS goes higher or lower than a given % from the FPS average
- ver. 1.2.3
- Added settings configuration
- ver. 1.2.2
- Lights Sources on columns of 12 items each
- ver. 1.2.1
- Fix for invalid sections, ignored by Lights Shader but that raise an error on Python parser.
- ver. 1.2.0
- Modified the GUI (more compact)
- Added Lights toggler
- Added FPS Graph
- Added description, if found, for each light source
- Now also works without the Shader Patch mod as an FPS monitor.
- ver 1.1.0
- Added FPS monitor
- Current, Max, Min, Average FPS
- ver 1.0.0 - Initial release
- Lights tracks monitor
BLM Lights 220.127.116.11
Lights creating, editing and monitoring. FPS monitoring and Vertex AO status switch