good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
The next release (more a bugfix release) is coming soon. I'm just waiting for CM to update. Then with the new CM version, you can choose a race DATE. Due to gbwSuites correct sun position and weather functions, the ambient then looks like it should look on this date.

Bathurst:
21.12./ 15:00 / 27°C
VFqWe2w.jpg

11.09. / 15:00 / 17°C
baoK4EZ.jpg

21.06. / 15:00 / 10°C
7X0GBqy.jpg

This is already possible, but you have to edit a file - then its possible over the UI of CM.
Also with gbwSuite 2.5.1 all Kunos race tracks will have the correct sun position. Kunos did strange heading corrections. If you ever thought, why the sunset on barcelona race track is in the mointains in the north east and sunrise is in the north west - it was always wrong with the release of this track.
Here is the correct version:

Barcelona 1.10. 7:50 sunrise
kT98NcZ.jpg

bfmr89Q.jpg
Peter, this is really great stuff!
I am very much looking forward to this new feature as I love to create custom events, replicating as close as possible historic racing events in Assetto Corsa.

The proper sun position at proper location and time is actually much more useful then people may think - now with your effort we can use Assetto Corsa actually to scout racetracks for best possible photographers spots depending on daytime, lighting conditions and possible angles to be at the right spot at the right time around a race track for best photography opportunities!

May I ask what tool you are using in teh last image with the satellite view?

Peter, this is really great stuff!
I am very much looking forward to this new feature as I love to create custom events, replicating as close as possible historic racing events in Assetto Corsa.

The proper sun position at proper location and time is actually much more useful then people may think - now with your effort we can use Assetto Corsa actually to scout racetracks for best possible photographers spots depending on daytime, lighting conditions and possible angles to be at the right spot at the right time around a race track for best photography opportunities!

May I ask what tool you are using in teh last image with the satellite view?
It is
https://www.sunearthtools.com/dp/tools/pos_sun.php
When you search a track, double check the real GMT and DST.

First of all thanks again for your work, i sent few bucks few days ago ;)
i wanted to ask, a little confused because i installed to many things at once without reading :D
No ok i did a bit of reading. The GbW 3.3 is discontinued, and being replaced by the suite one.
Using dynamic and more features thanks to CM.

Now let's say i want to play with
PHu0U8r.jpg

when i choose it, it brings the clock to 12
and if i want to change the time, it changes the weather to one of the dynamic weather.
But i just want to drive one given style :p

Am i doing it wrong ?
Does your Suite includes the old dusk weather ?

First of all thanks again for your work, i sent few bucks few days ago ;)
i wanted to ask, a little confused because i installed to many things at once without reading :D
No ok i did a bit of reading. The GbW 3.3 is discontinued, and being replaced by the suite one.
Using dynamic and more features thanks to CM.

Now let's say i want to play with
PHu0U8r.jpg

when i choose it, it brings the clock to 12
and if i want to change the time, it changes the weather to one of the dynamic weather.
But i just want to drive one given style :p

Am i doing it wrong ?
Does your Suite includes the old dusk weather ?
I wanted to thank you donation - had a little time the last days.
You can use all old gbw 3.3 weather. But you have to define a time span. Go to content->miscellaneous->weather and set the time to 8-18 to activate the weather for this time.

I also thought about to make a little wrapper to use the old static weather with the new possibilities of dynamic weather and the shaders...

Peter Boese updated good and bad weather SUITE with a new update entry:

bugfixes and CM's race DATE selection

mkMIjaH.jpg

You need CM version 0.8.1829.34599

--- CHANGELOG of gbwSuite ---

- support for race date selection via CM (please read page 14 in the manual)
- support for track's geotags via CM

- new config parameter, sun__simulate_correct_position = true/false (to deactivate solar functions for correct sun position)

- tonumber() fix for sun_heading_angle

- fixed script error...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ticked the "update to non-tested versions", got the update, installed it, copied the folders from the latest gbw.rar into the ac folder, restarted CM, all good! Like the feature for local weather, so I'm always aware whats goin on outside :p

Hi Peter!

Really interesting update with those specific date!

I have 2 questions :
1 - Can you add a function for choosing the actual day date automatically?

2 - I am using a rift for racing and my TV for watching replays. Should I install your Reshade since it slows down my rift?

Thanks for the help! :)

Hi Peter!

Really interesting update with those specific date!

I have 2 questions :
1 - Can you add a function for choosing the actual day date automatically?

2 - I am using a rift for racing and my TV for watching replays. Should I install your Reshade since it slows down my rift?

Thanks for the help! :)

Hallo,

1 - if no specific date is selected, the actual date is already used.

2 - Reshade is not working in the render pipeline of VR. So its useless for VR.
gbwSuite's Reshade settings are made to achieve better picture quality with high brightness levels. If its just for Replays, then i would ignore Reshade. If you think the picture is too blurry, you can take the settings i placed in /extras/Reshade_only_picture_improvements. I configured some sharpening without much artifacts with this settings.

• Deleted member 241736

Hi Peter,
thx for your update - genius work btw.

dont know how you config sun-position/country/month and daytime. Gonna check it out in case of Bathurst, racing start 5:45h - IRL it is dark, really dark for 30 min - in gbw_suit 2.5.1 it isn't. Sun is in higher position ?? A bug ?

Hallo,

1 - if no specific date is selected, the actual date is already used.

2 - Reshade is not working in the render pipeline of VR. So its useless for VR.
gbwSuite's Reshade settings are made to achieve better picture quality with high brightness levels. If its just for Replays, then i would ignore Reshade. If you think the picture is too blurry, you can take the settings i placed in /extras/Reshade_only_picture_improvements. I configured some sharpening without much artifacts with this settings.
Thx for your reply!

Hi Peter,
thx for your update - genius work btw.

dont know how you config sun-position/country/month and daytime. Gonna check it out in case of Bathurst, racing start 5:45h - IRL it is dark, really dark for 30 min - in gbw_suit 2.5.1 it isn't. Sun is in higher position ?? A bug ?
Hm. Today 5:36 should be the begin of sunrise in Bathurst. Do you live there?

This is what a got with CM + gbwSuite:

Bathurst 3.10. 5:45
VET54Bh.jpg

• Deleted member 241736

Hm. Today 5:36 should be the begin of sunrise in Bathurst. Do you live there?

This is what a got with CM + gbwSuite:

Bathurst 3.10. 5:45
VET54Bh.jpg
Oh your screen is like IRL 6.2.2018 :confused: Have to check once again. Will it be lighten one hour later (dynamic)?
No Peter I‘m from Porsche Hometown

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 32.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 147 58.1%