good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes sir I believe I do

App version 0.8.1784.34481
Data version 131

Autoupdates on, checking manually and checked with website that I have the latest

I read in the manual that you have to choose ppfilter before race, gbw suite. But when I start replays cm_weather ppfilter is always default, even if I choose gbw suite pp in the replay and restart it and doublecheck that gbw suite is chosen in ac video settings, which seems odd?

Well I didnt try to run a normal race since yesterday when it worked, today when i boot up the game the cm_weather ppfilter defaults even if I choose gbw suite from settings ppfilter in cm manager, day cycle is working, night is night and so on but i have to choose the gbw suite pp in game otherwise it doesnt look as good, but in replays it doesnt work.

Im thinking a conflict somewhere, u think you can point me in the right direction. I have via jgsme reshade, real billboars, natural weather, ben lee wagnum clouds and shaders lights patch. Im thinking I shouldnt run them all when running gbw suite?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

It is scripted PP filter, what you choose in settings is used as a basis for time of the day, temperature, etc corrections. _cm_weather is generated dynamic filter based on these adjustments.

Ok I see, thanks for explaining.:thumbsup:

But there must be something wrong right. Ive tried a couple of different time of days and gone for real conditions the gbw suite pp looks sharper and clearer than cm weather when switching ingame (which i shouldnt). Also the replays just shows very bright even though i recorded it around 22.15 from the media tab. But ingame on track watching them they look fine.

Hi Peter,

can you help me and tell me what the mistake could be here?

This occurs only in the weather setting "drizzle light_dynamic".
For the other settings not.

Thank you for your help and effort

greetings
Micha

Hi @Peter Boese !
I was wondering if you were working on something since the last update (just curious) ?
I know the dev is really fast on the shader patch though ^^

On another hand I I'm here to ask if you could explain the settings for the pp filters (ofc if you have time), I think everybody would benefit from a good explanation, and I won't be affraid to customize pp filters anymore :roflmao:

Anyway, thanks again mate for the G&B weather suite, using it 24/7 !

Cheers !

Hi @Peter Boese !
I was wondering if you were working on something since the last update (just curious) ?
I know the dev is really fast on the shader patch though ^^

On another hand I I'm here to ask if you could explain the settings for the pp filters (ofc if you have time), I think everybody would benefit from a good explanation, and I won't be affraid to customize pp filters anymore :roflmao:

Anyway, thanks again mate for the G&B weather suite, using it 24/7 !

Cheers !
The 2.5 update is finished, but i need some changes to CM, to integrate the new features of gbwSuite 2.5, like the correct sun position. Now CM needs a date choosing option and more data must be now saved with the replays.
I'm just waiting for it. While i'm waiting, the feature list of 2.5 is getting longer and longer.

ATM i integrate a special kind of AutoExposure to gbwSuite. All weathers are adapted to it.
Now with the VAO feature with the shader mod, the visuals got a decent amount of contrast and now AE is really helpful to get a steady brightness.

So lets hope Ilja could do the update soon....

What do you want to know about the ppfilter settings?

Can't wait to try it !

Well actually the darkest part for me is the whole Glare section, I had troubles at night recently (trying the latest updates of the shader patch), the glare and bloom from car headlight were very high, and in some cockpits there was bloom from the dashboard (like the magicbloom effect from reshade, btw disabling it didnt changed anything). So I wanted to understand the whole pp filter (every section) and most off all the glare section ^^

Well actually the darkest part for me is the whole Glare section, I had troubles at night recently (trying the latest updates of the shader patch), the glare and bloom from car headlight were very high, and in some cockpits there was bloom from the dashboard...
Noticed that too. Not in all cars though, so I figured it was car related...

I have tried this mod again and im still having issues with all f the weathers being a lot darker than they should be. My monitor setting are correct and other weathers and filters look just fine. I have tried the filter you sent me and it doesn't make it any better

Hi Peter. According to the “real conditions” settings in CM it is raining everywhere in the world . The weather always defaults to rain light_dynamic_24h. I have tried different tracks and times and even reinstalled GBW suite. Any idea what could be causing this?

• Deleted member 197115

Hi Peter. According to the “real conditions” settings in CM it is raining everywhere in the world . The weather always defaults to rain light_dynamic_24h. I have tried different tracks and times and even reinstalled GBW suite. Any idea what could be causing this?

Hi @katikomer.

It's maybe cause the track location is not set:
track_view.PNG

If the geo tags are not set, CM will keep last conditions settings and time of the day as well.
I've done it my self and it's a long process when you have a lot of tracks lol but it's worth it when you tick "real condition" !

If "real condition" is active, the 3 point on the right shows another menu. There you have additional options. Maybe "use local weather" is activated...

I also use gbW Suite and for me "real conditions" are working perfectly - even the correct time is applied (when I choose a track from another time zone).
I don't use geo tags btw. Somehow CM "knows" where the race tracks are.

No problem either for me with this .... time of day and weather changes according to the location of the track. ;)
Surely a setting problem in CM for those who have a problem .... it seems.

If "real condition" is active, the 3 point on the right shows another menu. There you have additional options. Maybe "use local weather" is activated...
Argh Fool I am. I completely forgot about this menu. I misunderstood what “local weather” meant. I thought it was local to the track not where I am. Yes I looked outside and indeed it was raining. Deselected and normal weather to track working again. Thanks for your help.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.