good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
30703005508_0d3e387c9b_k.jpg

Hi Peter - looking forward to the next installment of your evolving master piece. Can I check something - I am no longer getting cloud movement based on wind speed - is this expected? It doesn’t seem to matter how much wind speed I dial up - the clouds are no longer moving. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks.(BTW running with broken dynamic at either 19;32, 19:49 with headlights turned off for player and AI, the effect is just brilliant - the light play on car bodywork in Oculus VR is mind blowing - thank you)

Hi Peter - looking forward to the next installment of your evolving master piece. Can I check something - I am no longer getting cloud movement based on wind speed - is this expected? It doesn’t seem to matter how much wind speed I dial up - the clouds are no longer moving. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks.(BTW running with broken dynamic at either 19;32, 19:49 with headlights turned off for player and AI, the effect is just brilliant - the light play on car bodywork in Oculus VR is mind blowing - thank you)
I checked it. The wind speed you can set has nothing todo with the cloud's speed, but i think about to link it. Its set to 0.1% - if you set 10x time speed they move really quick...

Thanks
I checked it. The wind speed you can set has nothing todo with the cloud's speed, but i think about to link it. Its set to 0.1% - if you set 10x time speed they move really quick...

Thanks Peter - that will work a treat. I knew I’d had it working before , but had forgotten where it was derived from. I know I should focus on the apex, but cloud movement while racing just adds to the immersion. Do you have a timeline on CM update to support your positional sun ☀️ and suite 2.5. Keep up the excellent work and thanks for prompt response.

And thank you for the email.
Thanks

Thanks Peter - that will work a treat. I knew I’d had it working before , but had forgotten where it was derived from. I know I should focus on the apex, but cloud movement while racing just adds to the immersion. Do you have a timeline on CM update to support your positional sun ☀️ and suite 2.5. Keep up the excellent work and thanks for prompt response.[/QUO

Thanks a lot for this tremendous amount of work.

It makes the game as close as reality,
I just begin with using gbwsuite 2.4 + reshade, and it looks just incredible. If I understand well, the more realisitc/sphisticated filter is cm_weather (or do I have to manually select gbwsuite reshade ingame to go with Reshade ? It looks great too !)

One last option and it will be like heaven to me. Automatic selection of the real actual weather on the track, as for the real time of the day.
It will be so great, just because there is soooo many option to select manually a weather.

I just want to race as it is in the real life, with your fantastic weather mode. It adds a lot to the reality of the simulation.
Thanks !!!

Thanks a lot for this tremendous amount of work.

One last option and it will be like heaven to me. Automatic selection of the real actual weather on the track, as for the real time of the day.
It will be so great, just because there is soooo many option to select manually a weather.

I'd bet you don't use Content Manager or didn't have a perfect look at it... as the feature which you mention is well present and possible with CM.
Content Manager has so many features that you should have a look at it.
Once you have it .... you cannot do without it ! ;)

Example done a few minutes ago ... in Belgium for Watkins Glen
ciky.jpg

Last edited:
I have Content manager :thumbsup:

I have seen this option, but I thought it just selected the right time of the day on this track, and not the real weather too.

Is it really so ? Then it is great !!

Really so ! Yes :thumbsup: .... of course if weather forecasts or its actual source for CM is correct :roflmao:

You may test some and have a look at the real weather at the real place ... and you'll be able to check by yourself.
Just change the track and have a look at time of day, temperature, wind and weather ... CM will automatically choose the right ones.

Peter Boese updated good and bad weather SUITE with a new update entry:

Correct Global Sun Position, bad weathers and and and ...

KquH7Q5.jpg

Do a manual installation, Install via CM is not working!
And as always, please read the manual...

--- CHANGELOG of gbwSuite ---

- correct sun position on every location on the globe for any date and time
- new config parameter: sun__date_ratio

- rebuilt all weather to work with sun position instead of time

- new "Heavy Thunderstorm", (24h), dark clouds without sun
- new "Drizzle", (24h), bright...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks Peter ... and now I know you also speak "hsilgne"

- rbr rof sniks retniw dna nmutua :-x (sniks_kcart/sartxe__ ni)

:roflmao::roflmao:

I'll discover later what you meant ... when I'll download, read and install

EDIT: ooops I meant: sknahT reteP ! :D

• Deleted member 197115

Peter, you are my hero. :inlove:
Is there a new CM release accompanying your suite.
Last one wasn't doing default.ini pp replacement for OpenVR, Ilya gave me some beta version that did that, wondering if it made to public.
Thanks again for making our favorite sim so much better.

Mistakenly installed via the CM, then reinstalled by hand. Now getting a script error :cry::cry: What I don't understand is if I choose a different filter CM still fails to load AC

Attachments

• script.JPG
    script.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Peter, you are my hero. :inlove:
Is there a new CM release accompanying your suite.
Last one wasn't doing default.ini pp replacement for OpenVR, Ilya gave me some beta version that did that, wondering if it made to public.
Thanks again for making our favorite sim so much better.
Nope, no new CM updates.
For people using OpenVR (Vive, WMR), quick workaround is just rename _gbwSuite.ini to default.ini.
Or just ping Ilja on Discord for beta version of CM that also does auto override of default.ini for OpenVR, not only Rift.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.