good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
WIP report:

Now the sun position algorithm is fully working and the correct position on the globe with any given time and position is working, due to a fix of the AC sun position. Here is a little example what it looks like:
Date: Nov 10. 2018 / Spielberg

5:13
EDOAgfa.jpg

5:49
jCtU1oG.jpg

6:25
bmdVOQh.jpg

7:00
2Nfh3jx.jpg

16:30
U0Gd88G.jpg

4y12Liq.jpg

I implemented a new way of doing temperature dependent visuals:
0°C
kHrHnpP.jpg

20°C
J4e2U08.jpg

30°C
jZgQuyu.jpg

Last edited:
WIP report part 2

Nighttimes got a new option. The new parameter "night__effects_multiplier" regulates many visual parameters. The main goal with this is, with set to 0, gbwSuite will have a very clean night view - desaturated, well balanced contrast and brightness, no additional fx like glare/bloom. With set to 1, all of gbwSuite's additional night fx are fully shown. So you will have the choice AND you can even set it to 0.5 and all stuff is seamlessly balanced between the 2 extrems.

night__effects_multiplier = 0
2RjHBF6.jpg

night__effects_multiplier = 1
CG0sAWl.jpg

Last edited:
Some info to reenable exposure adjustments via PAGE-Up/Down ingame:

For several reason i deactivated Auto-Exposure in the filter. But this is necessary to adjust it via keys. So here are the steps to activate it:

1. Open the PPFilter you use with a text editor.
2. Goto the block [AUTO EXPOSURE]
3. Change the line ENABLED=0 in ENABLED=1
4. Save and close the file

5. Open the file "assettocorsa/__gbwSuite/gbwSuite_config.lua"
6. Change the line highlights__level_DAY=64 to highlights__level_DAY=

Now Auto-Exposure will work again and key adjustment is working. I will try to find settings to activate it without negative influence on gbwSuite.

Last edited:
@Peter Boese I've just tried your mod using CM and following the instructions reported in the readme file, but I ended up with a problem similar to the one I reported for Assetto4Seasons mod, even if not so severe. My image gets a slightly yellow-ish tint, while with Natural Mod I get a clean image (even if slightly desaturated).
Do you know what might be causing this? Considering that it's happening in 2 different mods I'm trying to understand what might be causing it.

@Peter Boese I've just tried your mod using CM and following the instructions reported in the readme file, but I ended up with a problem similar to the one I reported for Assetto4Seasons mod, even if not so severe. My image gets a slightly yellow-ish tint, while with Natural Mod I get a clean image (even if slightly desaturated).
Do you know what might be causing this? Considering that it's happening in 2 different mods I'm trying to understand what might be causing it.
Maybe your monitor has a yellow-ish tint and Natural Mod compensating it because of a blue-ish tint.

With gbwSuite 2.4 you can set your own color temperature. Just look at page 27. On top of this page you see how to open gbwSuite's config file. Then look on the bottom of page 29. There you can see the parameter you hav to change to adjust your needs. Maybe it is good you read from page 27 on to this point.

Maybe your monitor has a yellow-ish tint and Natural Mod compensating it because of a blue-ish tint.

With gbwSuite 2.4 you can set your own color temperature. Just look at page 27. On top of this page you see how to open gbwSuite's config file. Then look on the bottom of page 29. There you can see the parameter you hav to change to adjust your needs. Maybe it is good you read from page 27 on to this point.

Thanks, I'll do. Just out of curiosity, how do you see the image posted in the other discussion? To me it looks really yellow: being a Minardi skin, the top of it should be completely white.

Thanks, I'll do. Just out of curiosity, how do you see the image posted in the other discussion? To me it looks really yellow: being a Minardi skin, the top of it should be completely white.
Yes the image is just a little bit on the yellow side. Did you used the PPFilter which was coming with the mod or is this the mod with the Natural Mod filter?

Yes the image is just a little bit on the yellow side. Did you used the PPFilter which was coming with the mod or is this the mod with the Natural Mod filter?

That shot was taken with the default AC PP: as far as I know the mod does not have PP filters, but only the different weathers. What's strange to me is that I can see a very big difference from what I have on screen and (for example) the images posted above in this page: at 0° the image appears as I would expect, at 20° it has slighlty warmer colors, but they're still showing up with proper colors, not yellow at all, so I have to understand if there's something that is causing this in-game only.

That shot was taken with the default AC PP: as far as I know the mod does not have PP filters, but only the different weathers. What's strange to me is that I can see a very big difference from what I have on screen and (for example) the images posted above in this page: at 0° the image appears as I would expect, at 20° it has slighlty warmer colors, but they're still showing up with proper colors, not yellow at all, so I have to understand if there's something that is causing this in-game only.
Could you please check if "Use custom weather's PPFilter" is activated in CM.
Page 12 in gbwSuite's manual. Usually you have to see a "__cm_weather" filter ingame. A4S and gbwSuite using this feature to create a filter, which is temporally active for the session.

Could you please check if "Use custom weather's PPFilter" is activated in CM.
Page 12 in gbwSuite's manual. Usually you have to see a "__cm_weather" filter ingame. A4S and gbwSuite using this feature to create a filter, which is temporally active for the session.
Yes, I can confirm that the option was enabled and that the _cm_weather filter is the standard PP set in-game.

Hello ! I'm trying this mod since yesterday but I've got a problem with godrays...
CCEBE5C2C4D725E58B09BBE7C54DB78B40F05632

I've had that problem with other PPfilters and resolved it by changing the length to 2.5 but it's still modified in your filter. I copied the Natural mod godrays settings (that perfectly works) in the GBW filter and no changing... do you have any solution ?

Hello ! I'm trying this mod since yesterday but I've got a problem with godrays...
CCEBE5C2C4D725E58B09BBE7C54DB78B40F05632

I've had that problem with other PPfilters and resolved it by changing the length to 2.5 but it's still modified in your filter. I copied the Natural mod godrays settings (that perfectly works) in the GBW filter and no changing... do you have any solution ?
Hi,

Could you please look on the overview page of this mod. There is a link to the triplescreen fix. Then it will work!

Ouaouh thanks for the super fast reply ! I've installed the fix but the problem is still there. My triplescreen settings come from the Nvidia panel and is not activate in the game, can be this thing ?

Ouaouh thanks for the super fast reply ! I've installed the fix but the problem is still there. My triplescreen settings come from the Nvidia panel and is not activate in the game, can be this thing ?
Ahh! Then just set "sun__effect = false" in gbwSuite's config file. You will see which file to open in the manual on top of page 27.

In the next version 2.5, you can just deactivate gbwSuite's godray modification.

WIP report - gbwSuite 2.5

"Fog" is now without sun and it has the "see no distance" feature:
k3Ron3Z.jpg

2 more 24h weather:
Thunderstorm (dark clouds with sun)
jpTgSNi.jpg

Heavy Thunderstorm (dark clouds without sun)
grVoj1I.jpg
The lightning in the second picture may be the most authentic one which I've come across so far in AC. Fantastic job! I'm (as always) looking forward to release. :)

Ahh! Then just set "sun__effect = false" in gbwSuite's config file. You will see which file to open in the manual on top of page 27.

In the next version 2.5, you can just deactivate gbwSuite's godray modification.
You won't believe me... but it doesn't change anything ! I'm still blind with the sun except with my other filters.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back