good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 197115

Did you try "vr_active = false" for oculus rift mode. I tried it ones and looked ok, but had not the time to test further....
Brake lights look pretty bad with glare on in VR.

• Deleted member 197115

Brake lights look pretty bad with glare on in VR.
Actually I need to take it back, They used to look bad but not with this update even with vr_mode=false.
In fact they look better than with vr_mode=true; dawn, dusk look better too with sun disk more blurred around edges.

SO here is a quick fix for that. Sadly the meant sun effect is not possible with "triplescreen", but with this fix you can again switch it on and then you have the boosted colors as well...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bes0ck1luku7ab0/__gbwSuite_2_4_1__triple_screen_fix1.zip?dl=0
Looks very pretty now with the fix, thanks again!

Do you know what exactly causes the issues with the sun effect on triples? FOV maybe? My FOV is very low, single screen FOV would be around 26°. I read several years ago in the thread for Bernd Grafs weathers that the FOV has an effect on things.

Looks very pretty now with the fix, thanks again!

Do you know what exactly causes the issues with the sun effect on triples? FOV maybe? My FOV is very low, single screen FOV would be around 26°. I read several years ago in the thread for Bernd Grafs weathers that the FOV has an effect on things.
In Triplescreen mode, imo the yebis effects get other inputs. For the sun effect i use some really overdriven values, the fix just set those values to normal ones...

Is it just me or does the real settings option now leave out the real time of the circuit in CM? I mean, setting this to active meant not only the weather was like real, even the time was like it was in realtime. Now the time slider has no function anymore. Any suggestions?

2q3zrs6.png

Hi i installed wet mod and i got this dust on the tyres with both cover wheel and open wheel cars, looks quite weird ,is it sth wrong with it?

2q3zrs6.png

Hi i installed wet mod and i got this dust on the tyres with both cover wheel and open wheel cars, looks quite weird ,is it sth wrong with it?
No, this is a side effect of the wet mod. The mod sets the track to the "off track" state, to get all particles working on track. Without this there is only smoke particles on track. BUT now also the tires become "dirty" on track.

Is it just me or does the real settings option now leave out the real time of the circuit in CM? I mean, setting this to active meant not only the weather was like real, even the time was like it was in realtime. Now the time slider has no function anymore. Any suggestions?
This was possible with an earlier version of CM. Now it strictly takes the real circuit time.

Hello Peter, unfortunately version 2.4 completely breaks your mod for me :-(

I am running a triple screen setup and have completely and cleanly removed any former GBW mods, non Kunos weather mods and pp filters.

Then I installed step by step v2.4 according to your manual (great to see an extensive, good quality manual these days !).

With the last version I ran all graphics settings on max, have used exclusively your GBW weather mod with Content Manager, have used your Reshade version and have used the dynamic lights shader mod.
It looked absolutely perfect - no issues with blown highlights, excessive effects or any other abnormalities.

With version 2.4 the sun effects are completely overdone - almost the entire screen is blown out white from the excessive effects - this is really bad :-(

At first I thought I must have overlooked a file to clean or a wrong installation procedure but no.

When just installing GBW 2.4 (no Reshade, no dynamic lights patch) you can see already a too extreme sun ray effect - it is nice that it is there but should be MUCH more subtle.

The moment I install Reshade from the 2.4 download pack all goes to hell and the screen looks like a nuclear explosion went off just outside of my windshield :-(

I hope you can fix this and can go back to the utmost image quality and realism we all know your mod for.

I would not like to workaround by trying to disable sun effects in Assetto Corsa as they improve immersion and realism.

I am rolling back to the last version - a shame as your previews of v2.4 look absolutely AMAZING as usual with your work ;-)

Hello Peter, unfortunately version 2.4 completely breaks your mod for me :-(

I am running a triple screen setup and have completely and cleanly removed any former GBW mods, non Kunos weather mods and pp filters.

Then I installed step by step v2.4 according to your manual (great to see an extensive, good quality manual these days !).

With the last version I ran all graphics settings on max, have used exclusively your GBW weather mod with Content Manager, have used your Reshade version and have used the dynamic lights shader mod.
It looked absolutely perfect - no issues with blown highlights, excessive effects or any other abnormalities.

With version 2.4 the sun effects are completely overdone - almost the entire screen is blown out white from the excessive effects - this is really bad :-(

At first I thought I must have overlooked a file to clean or a wrong installation procedure but no.

When just installing GBW 2.4 (no Reshade, no dynamic lights patch) you can see already a too extreme sun ray effect - it is nice that it is there but should be MUCH more subtle.

The moment I install Reshade from the 2.4 download pack all goes to hell and the screen looks like a nuclear explosion went off just outside of my windshield :-(

I hope you can fix this and can go back to the utmost image quality and realism we all know your mod for.

I would not like to workaround by trying to disable sun effects in Assetto Corsa as they improve immersion and realism.

I am rolling back to the last version - a shame as your previews of v2.4 look absolutely AMAZING as usual with your work ;-)
Hi Dirk,

Its already fixed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bes0ck1luku7ab0/__gbwSuite_2_4_1__triple_screen_fix1.zip?dl=0

I did not make a new version, because i'm realy deep in doing a complete new base.
The problem is caused by "triplescreen" mode.

Sadly the new sun effects does not work right with triplescreen.

Does this mod override/lock the sim's exposure setting? The page up/down hotkeys for exposure adjustment do not work on my end. Changing the percentage setting in Content Manager has no effect on the image either. I dont really need to adjust anything but curious to know why its not working.

This was possible with an earlier version of CM. Now it strictly takes the real circuit time.

No, maybe you misunderstood. The time slider does not change to the current track real circuit time; I mean, if I choose real conditions for Nordschleife for example, the time slider should also display the current (local) time as it is, shouldn´t it? I still can tick "real conditions" but the time slider still is moveable to any value...

Does this mod override/lock the sim's exposure setting? The page up/down hotkeys for exposure adjustment do not work on my end. Changing the percentage setting in Content Manager has no effect on the image either. I dont really need to adjust anything but curious to know why its not working.

Hi,

page up/down only works with Autoexposure on. In the gbwSuite filter it is set to off. AE does not work very well. It reacts different in different cockpits.

Reactions: EIF
No, maybe you misunderstood. The time slider does not change to the current track real circuit time; I mean, if I choose real conditions for Nordschleife for example, the time slider should also display the current (local) time as it is, shouldn´t it? I still can tick "real conditions" but the time slider still is moveable to any value...

Have you set "consider timezones" in CM? Example if set: Hockenheimring 13:00 - Laguna Seca 04:00

Ahh. Have checked it. CM still provides all modes. Just uncheck "set time manually" in the menu (3 dots next to real condition)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea