good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Installed the latest verison and it looks great, I really like the new glared sun effect.

One thing I noticed is Fog looks very thin now and even has the sun casting hard shadows in the daylight times I tried. EDIT: nevermind I must have used your "original" heavy fog in 2.3, which still looks great in 2.4 version :thumbsup:

Also could you explain how pp filters work a little. I have it set to _gbWSuit but sometimes its set to _cm_weather after loading a track but looks nicer when I set it back to gbWSuit. Thanks.

Last edited:
you should add a line on how to open the lua files, may not be straight forward for all
Hi,

first line an page 27:
"Open the file \__gbwSuite\gbwSuite__config.lua with a text editor"

To make it better: What would be good to write additionally?
I could show, step by step, how to open it with notepad...

Installed the latest verison and it looks great, I really like the new glared sun effect.

One thing I noticed is Fog looks very thin now and even has the sun casting hard shadows in the daylight times I tried. EDIT: nevermind I must have used your "original" heavy fog in 2.3, which still looks great in 2.4 version :thumbsup:

Also could you explain how pp filters work a little. I have it set to _gbWSuit but sometimes its set to _cm_weather after loading a track but looks nicer when I set it back to gbWSuit. Thanks.
On page 13 of the manual, there is a little overview how it works.

In my weather script i got the PPFilter settings (no matter if its __gbwSuite or another filter) and then i do changes:
a) relative changes to the selected filter (Gamma, Brightness, Contrast, Colortemp....)
- temperature dependent changes
- time dependent changes
- monitor compensation
b) fix changes for certain times:
-glare in nightimes
-godrays when "sun effect" is activated
-deactivation of "glare" and "godrays" when "vr_active = true"

CM now creates a filter.ini, which is located in the weather path.
If this "filter.ini" exists, CM is copying it to the \system\cfg\ppfilter folder of AC and renames it as "__cm_weather.ini". CM selects it temporally for the session and AC is using it, as the selected PPFilter.

So if you see "__cm_weather" it consists most of the settings of the origin PPFilter (with __gbwSuite weather), with some changes (time and temperature, others)

But when you select manually the filter in AC, you just have the pure filter, only __cm_weather consits all weather related changes.

I wouldn`t say it looks better - it looks different. I don't want the look always nice. Weather isn't always nice. For example, i use this to get the night dark or get some glare-blurry effect for rainy/foggy night times.

Now question is now, what means better? Is there something, which is not visible when __cm_weather is active?

Peter - the new 2.4 is awesome. One Q - is it possible to change the Time at which headlights turn on, as dusk racing without headlights is really beautiful with your weather.

I do believe the sun effect is a bit dramatic on default settings. This is with clear weather @9:30am with the gbw filter, no reshade. I'll give the lua settings a go :)
0wfz2sX.jpg

I do believe the sun effect is a bit dramatic on default settings. This is with clear weather @9:30am with the gbw filter, no reshade. I'll give the lua settings a go :)
0wfz2sX.jpg
must be something different. Its not meant to be like this. Could you please post your video settings (like a picture of settings in CM)?

must be something different. Its not meant to be like this. Could you please post your video settings (like a picture of settings in CM)?
Sure, here you go:
a1ijRHJ.png

I checked when I took the screenshot above, the filter ingame was shown as the _cm_weather filter.

Peter - the new 2.4 is awesome. One Q - is it possible to change the Time at which headlights turn on, as dusk racing without headlights is really beautiful with your weather.
I think about to get some option in the config with the next release. But there will be no discrete time anymore for sunrise and sunset, because of the dynamic sun position. I could do an option called "Auto headlights offset", which is in degrees. If you set 5, then the headlight will be switched on, when sunangle is 5° below the default value.

• Deleted member 197115

0wfz2sX.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

With glare off as in VR, sun effect, hard edged sun circle in particular, doesn't look that great.
Any way to blur it out as the rest of the lighting looks great.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.