Global Formula Automobilista - Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
HULKENBERG TAKES POLE
1607904245111.png

IT WORKED! The British Grand Prix did actually happen today, so here's a good race finally on this day. It's a slow burner but with a thrilling conclusion, so keep watching!

HULKENBERG HOLDS ON OVER MOSS
1608129501937.png

Stirling Moss was the fastest driver at Silverstone, but a majestic 2-stop strategy by Nico Hulkenberg allowed the German to deny the Brit a home victory. Moss was closing in on Hulkenberg by nearly 2 seconds a lap after his final stop, and caught Hulkenberg with 2 laps to go, but was unable to complete a pass in time as DTK scored their second win of the season. Nick Heidfeld in 4th means we have 3 drivers separated by 2 points at the top of the standings from 3 teams. 4 races to go, and the championships are still ultra-close.

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Sasha Jednak, your driver had the pace, but was still hampered by the 3-stop strategy. What plan do you have to stop this recurring?
@rubaru, your drivers seem to be a bit further down the order than expected. Why the sudden downturn in pace?
@Aidan Keranen, What does 2KF1 need to do to climb up the order. You have the pace but none of the luck. What's the issue?

@rubaru, your drivers seem to be a bit further down the order than expected. Why the sudden downturn in pace?

You got me, man, I expected far better especially from Alex considering his pace lately. We're going to go back to the factory and tear down both cars to see if something is going on in the chassis or something.

Interviews
@Aidan Keranen, What does 2KF1 need to do to climb up the order. You have the pace but none of the luck. What's the issue?
Stable Regulations? Beats me honestly. We'll have a large upgrade for next round which we sacrificed other upgrades for to fast track.
More than anything we're just winding down the operations at this point, car is nearly at max development so we're not in need of as many engineers to make it better. Just basically enough people to set the cars up and fix them when they break.

I'm just getting ready to record the race, so fingers crossed nothing goes wrong in Austria.

I have been thinking about what needs to change for next season, and have an idea to float.

Power, Downforce and Gears are the three most powerful upgrades, with Power being the only one without a downside. The driver upgrades (which is what gives all the drivers "personality") are badly underutilised until the power is all bought, by which point the cars are all on different power so there's no racing.

As such, I am thinking of dropping Power, Downforce and Gears as a buyable commodity next season completely, and making them all up to choice.
The cars next season will be the "Formula Reiza" cars, based on the 2011-ish season of F1, and once again will have High and Low Downforce packages and a longer and shorter gearbox. I plan to make Downforce and Gearboxes interchangeable, but I need to come up with a way of making sure everyone doesn't chop and change each round and every race has everyone with the same gearbox and downforce package - variety is what makes racing in Automobilista worth it.

Power will come in 11 packages of different percentages. Every team will be given a choice of 11 different power percentages, and must designate before the first race their plan for power at each race.

For example: 1.05, 0.98, 1.04, 1.00, 0.92, 1.01, 1.09, 1.02, 0.93, 0.97, 1.10

I will have to put rules in to stop people just putting all their high powers in the first few races to stop people being boring and gamesmanshippy, probably something like a "0.04 difference between each race" for example, but that's to be worked on. Every team will get the same bunch of 11 power varieties.

Prize money will all be reduced so that it just needs to be spent on the driver and reliability.

Does this sound good and something that will improve the enjoyment and competitiveness of the series?

I will have to put rules in to stop people just putting all their high powers in the first few races to stop people being boring and gamesmanshippy, probably something like a "0.04 difference between each race" for example, but that's to be worked on. Every team will get the same bunch of 11 power varieties.
Maybe "you need a two/three/four race average of X power at most?"

But it sounds good, I like the plan

Maybe "you need a two/three/four race average of X power at most?"
No, the more chance of variety in teams' power, the better chance of the race being more than just everyone unable to pass each other because they have the same power. Early season races seem to be better than late season races for this reason.

I plan to make Downforce and Gearboxes interchangeable, but I need to come up with a way of making sure everyone doesn't chop and change each round and every race has everyone with the same gearbox and downforce package - variety is what makes racing in Automobilista worth it.
i think you would need a certain "time period" for both of these, let's say if you want to swap an aero package it needs "delivery time from the factory" which takes 2 races, so when you choose a downforce package you have to wait 2 races minimum before you can swap it again. for gearboxes i would follow the pattern of F1 rules. as a gearbox needs to last 6 races, a team would use around 3-4 gearboxes for a 21 race season if none break. If you apply that to our calendar every gearbox should last around 3-4 races. my thought is to limit everyone to 3 gearbox swaps a season, with a minimum of 3 races after a swap, but with a joker which allows a manager to swap a gearbox whenever he wants, at the penalty that he needs to wait an additional race before he then can swap his gearbox again.

example: after round 3 i swap a long gearbox for a short gearbox, but after round 5 i want to change again. as i haven't met the 3 race limit i would then have to wait till round 9 before i can swap the gearbox again.

imo this would implement a strategic choice with an optional risk-reward factor, only thing is that the calendar would need a subsuquent variance of long and short gear tracks otherwise you could just stick to 1 type of gearbox for a long time without having the urge to maybe swap it

Last edited:
I like the idea about picking a gearbox and make it last X races, same could be applied to engine power and downforce. But maybe more variety on the gearboxes as well, like with the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back