Global Formula Automobilista - Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must swap your sponsor for something different after round 5, it must not be a straight swap for double the same thing (eg, you can't swap from Top 10 to Double Top 10 or vice versa).
A new rule introduced this season takes effect.

Every user now has their sponsors wiped, and you have to choose a different one. Now you all have an idea where your team sits in the standings and performs in the races you will have a better idea of which sponsors will suit you. Please send me your new sponsor in your buys this week. This sponsor swap is free, so don't feel like you're throwing 500cr away.

@Kas. a first win for the season for you and the team, is this a catalyst for a more grippy car for the rest of the season, or is your strtegy working for the tracks you want?

Apologies for the last response. Bad internet issues all week. The strategy for this grand prix was expected to be different so we put a big emphasis on the chassis of the car and it really paid off. Secondly i think if everyone adopts the strategy I am attempting right now then no one will gain from it in most races

SENNA TAKES DEBUT POLE
1606782085631.png

My voice is dead after that race, there was a lot of simultaneous action to talk about!

Mixed feelings. I stupidly forgot to do upgrades with tests which ruined what could have been domaintion and no sponsor money but 2nd is still great /SPOILER]

SENNA SCORES FALCON'S FIRST VICTORY
1606996340117.png

Ayrton Senna scored a first victory for Falcon Motorsport with a supremely dominant drive in Monza. He won from pole by over 30 seconds as Heidfeld in second couldn't keep up. The low downforce cars were clearly superior at Monza, as Pavlovic became the only high downforce using driver to beat finish ahead of someone on the low drag setup, thanks to Beitske Visser crashing into Lewis Hamilton and having to make an extra pitstop. Max Verstappen rounded out the podium. Championship leaders DTK had a terrible day, but not as bad as 2KF1, who lost one driver and had Hakkinen miss out on points.

Market is Open

Interviews
@Márk Lintner, for a team that gave up after round 1, Falcon are really breaking into their stride now. How much can you achieve this season?
@Lesley Buurlage, you held onto low Downforce for ages, seemingly to succeed here. Was it worth the pain elsewhere?
@the_sigman, Dan finally got back into the points today and you had a double points score for the first time this season. Is this the start of a comeback?

@Lesley Buurlage, you held onto low Downforce for ages, seemingly to succeed here. Was it worth the pain elsewhere?
Yes and no. the goal from the start was trying to benefit from a speed advantage on the straights the early circuits on the calendar had, but the lack of power early on threw a spanner in the works. when we got that fixed and optimised our gearbox Virginia showed what we had planned from the start. the budget for the high downforce package was there and we were ready to put it on the car, but stalled it for monza as this was the best opportunity for a good result with our current package. we gambled on more simulator time and training for our drivers and it paid off. we're halfway through the season and our high downforce package will be fitted for snetterton, then we'll see what we can do the rest of the season

Last edited:
Could have been worse, it was always going to be hard as low downforce was a way to go for this track. Congrats Falcon on win finally, well deserved. :thumbsup:

Thank you
Interviews
@Márk Lintner, for a team that gave up after round 1, Falcon are really breaking into their stride now. How much can you achieve this season?

To the Interview:
It seems we will fight the midfield, the track helped a lot also, I cant say anything, I did not expect win in this season

To the game:
It seems the power are mostly the OP stat there , but if you have it maxed out then its more balanced, also it helped that more cars had high downforce,

Last edited:
@the_sigman, Dan finally got back into the points today and you had a double points score for the first time this season. Is this the start of a comeback?
Let's hope so. I have made some bad decisions lately and the team will go a major overhaul in the offseason to figure out what we have done wrong, but for sure this is a good step and I hope it is a confidence booster for the whole team.

The low downforce cars were clearly superior at Monza, as Pavlovic became the only high downforce using driver to beat finish ahead of someone on the low drag setup

Hence my argument that purchasing a downforce upgrade should give us the option to use it. I feel like buying a high downforce set up should not mean that we simply threw our low downforce wings into the bin. Sure, high downforce is usually better, but the circuit will always dictate what is best.

Maybe in the future you could allow this. Heck, allow us to buy smaller downforce upgrades and choose among those we have purchased. Not sure how your simulation works, but maybe you can include a medium or a very-low or -high as well.

Hence my argument that purchasing a downforce upgrade should give us the option to use it. I feel like buying a high downforce set up should not mean that we simply threw our low downforce wings into the bin. Sure, high downforce is usually better, but the circuit will always dictate what is best.

Maybe in the future you could allow this. Heck, allow us to buy smaller downforce upgrades and choose among those we have purchased. Not sure how your simulation works, but maybe you can include a medium or a very-low or -high as well.
What i've seen from in game is that it's car model specific. A nascar may have more downforce options but with open wheelers it's mostly (very) low and high only :(

When the game had 3 downforce options, everyone just bought away the first upgrade instantly, so it really wasn't worth it.

When the game had 3 downforce options, everyone just bought away the first upgrade instantly, so it really wasn't worth it.
Yes I agree

I think that mostly the high downforce is better anyway, like in the next race, the straights are so short. There are 2-3 tracks where, we have long straights

Last edited:
Lap 23 and a driver who was battling for the lead got docked a lap for no reason, like we had in France. Race has been cancelled and Silverstone will replace Snetterton for a race I record either tomorrow or next week :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back