• 26000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

Global Formula Automobilista - Season 3

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Premium
May 2, 2010
20,084
6,526
GFA logo.png

Global Formula Automobilista accelerates ahead in time again, as we descend on the Formula V10 mod for early-2000's F1 cars for the third season! Lewis Hamilton and Kas Racing became champions in their second season, can they keep it up for another year?

We are staying as a managers game as numbers didn't increase, hopefully we'll be able to go for drivers soon. All races will be simulated by me, the host @Jimlaad43 on my personal copy of Automobilista.

Users will run a team, signing drivers, choosing sponsors and developing the car to gain an advantage. Rewards will be given out at the end of each round which can be reinvested into your car and/or drivers to increase the stats, and therefore your chances.

All changes from the previous season are highlighted in purple.

Race Calendar
Calendar.jpg


The Cars
The cars used are the default Formula V10 (F1 2000's). The template can be found here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/vshxg1mmi82qck3/GFA_S3_Template.psd/file. Please feel free to download this template and edit it as much as you like to create your unique livery for your team. You will have two cars in the team, but they must have about 90% of the livery the same. You can change small things to make it nice and easy to identify the different drivers.

The drivers
The drivers all have unique talent files, which will be randomly generated upon purchase. Each attribute that can be edited will be randomly generated, with the range of numbers depending on how much you want to spend on it. You will have a budget for both drivers, which you can spend on reducing the range or moving it for each attribute. All numbers are percentages out of 100.

  • Aggressiveness - How aggressive the driver will be on overtaking and defending​
  • Composure - How often a driver avoids making mistakes​
  • Speed - How quick a driver is in general​
  • Crash - How often a driver will crash on his own​
  • Start Skill - How good a driver is off the line and into the first turns​
  • Min Racing Skill - How consistent a driver's speed will be over a race​
All drivers will begin with a range of 10, centred on 60 (Except Crash, which will start at 10 with a range of 10). You will spend money when buying your drivers to move the centre or drop the range.

Driver names are first come, first served. You can pick any racing driver from any period of time or (big) racing series. Make sure they have a Wikipedia page if you're going obscure (more than just a page in their native language, they need to be notable enough to be translated at least once).

Car
The Car has two upgrades: Downforce and Gearbox.

For Downforce, everyone will start with Low Downforce level, which can be upgraded to High Downforce only.
For Gearbox, everyone starts with short gears, and can upgrade to longer gears later.

Each upgrade is permanent and for both cars.


Engine
Engine performance will be determined through a power multiplier. Engines will be edited with a multiplier to 2 decimal places. The default engine generation will be centred on 0.90 with a range of 0.08 for the randomiser. You will be able to spend money to adjust the range or centre.

Engine reliability is also simulated. This is formed by a standard variation curve which I have setup so that your engine has a 25% chance of failing after 1hr 30mins hours of driving, and a 50% chance after 2 hours. When that 25% chance time has passed in a race, it is colloquially known as "Squeaky Bum time". Each credit you spend on reliability adds a second to the average , and therefore moves the 25% and 50% time along by however many seconds you buy. So for example, if you spend 600cr, you'll push the 25% failure to 1hr 40mins and 50% to 2hr 10mins.

Engine Power is capped at 1.10x. At this point you are no longer able to buy power for your engine.


Pre-Season
Random Generation

Talent and Engine power will be randomly generated within a range of values at the start of the season. The randomiser is designed to make sure that all drivers on the grid should have different skills at the start, especially if a lot of people make the same buys.

The centrepoint and the range can both be edited. A centrepoint of 60 and a range of 10 means the value can be generated anywhere between 55 and 65. A centrepoint of 61 with a range of 15 will be generated between 54 and 69 (odd numbers will give the extra value to above). The range can be increased and decreased for slightly different prices. Reducing the range is more expensive.

Prices
1602068602808.png

Mid-season
To preserve competition and reduce runaway or fall away teams, there will be a price change depending on your Constructors Championship position for buys once the season has started. Range and randomisation is not a thing after this point.
1602068620605.png


Sponsors
Sponsors will give teams targets to reach in a race. if they are met, you will be given the bonus reward they say. You may switch sponsors at any time you want, but the cost of this is 500cr. You must swap your sponsor for something different after round 5, it must not be a straight swap for double the same thing (eg, you can't swap from Top 10 to Double Top 10 or vice versa).
1600456867264.png


Season Start
Once your team and drivers are created, you will be given 4000cr to spend on your cars and drivers. For everything except downforce, you can spend it to change your midpoint and range for the skills randomiser.

Rewards
Between races you will be able to spend your winnings to upgrade your car or driver. Credits will be awarded for finishing position. 500cr and 1 Point will be awarded to the driver on Pole Position.
1600456886578.png

Any buys made once the season starts will not be randomised. If you buy 5 Speed or 0.03 Power, you will get those values.
If you fail to make buys, or don't spend everything in your account before randomisation, you will lose half of that money once the randomisation occurs.

Late joining
If you decide to join mid-season, you will follow the same process as the original teams, except your budget will be 4000cr + 200cr for each race missed. Your values will be randomised as normal for the first round you are able to enter. Mid-season teams must have a livery prepared before your first race.

Carryover to next season
No team will carry any money over between seasons. You must spend all your money before the last race if you don't want it to go to waste. Any money earned in the final race of the season will be converted into an automatic reliability buy for next season. That is, every 100cr you get from the Automobilista Grand Prix will equate to an extra 5 seconds of reliability before any buys.

All teams will once again start the season with 4000cr to spend on your drivers and car for the same range randomisation process as we had this season. There is a small amount of Prize Money for constructors championship standings.
  • 1st: 250cr​
  • 2nd, 3rd: 200 cr​
  • 4th-8th: 150cr​
  • 9th, 10th: 100cr​
  • 11th+: 50cr​
  • New team: 0cr​
All driver stats will be reset. Teams can nominate up to one driver in their current driver pairing to stay in the team, everyone else will be "out of contract". Then I will allow managers in constructors championship order to choose their second driver (or first if they didn't keep) in order. You can choose a driver you previously used if they're available. Otherwise, you can completely replace your lineup with new drivers for the series, or steal someone from another team if they didn't "lose" their contract. This is just a way to shake up the grid.


Grid Size
The grid will be limited to 32 cars. In the event that we have more than 16 managers signed up, Pre-qualifying will occur in Practice. The slowest of the drivers in the bottom 10 of the championship after the Practice session will be declared as Did Not Qualify and will therefore not take part in the race. As many as are required to be kicked out will be depending on the number of drivers. If the grid is full and a new team joins, the new team's two drivers will be guaranteed to start their first race at least without needing to Pre-Qualify. Every driver that fails to qualify will be awarded 400cr as compensation.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Sasha Jednak

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Premium
May 2, 2010
20,084
6,526
Championship standings
Drivers
1603311294122.png


Constructors
1603311309478.png


Teams and Drivers
1603311328788.png


Please sign up below. All I need to know at the moment is:

Team Name:
Primary Livery Colour:
Secondary Livery Colour:
Driver 1 name and number:
Driver 2 name and number:

You are only allowed to carry over 1 driver from your previous team initially. Once every team has declared which drivers they want to keep, I will then let managers choose their second drivers from the pool in Constructors Championship order. If you do not wish to keep your drivers and want to bring in a new driver who wasn't part of season 1, you can do that at any time - new drivers are first-come-first-served. No driver will carry any stats across from a previous season, so there is no advantage to taking a good driver from a previous year. Car numbers are reserved to the same driver. You can change a driver's number once they are in your team, but you cannot take a number that another driver has used - unless that has also been changed, or they are not on the grid themselves.

Each team will also be required to select a primary livery colour, which must be unique. I like a multi-coloured grid. I straight up refuse to have 10 teams with 5 of them varying shades of grey. It worked brilliantly last season, let's do it again. Because of the limits of naming conventions for different colours and the ever-expanding grid, I'll say that we should define a secondary colour of the team as well. As long as your combination of two is different to another team, you can get away with having similar main colours.

Teams can opt to change their main livery colour, however you must still adhere to the one colour per team rule. If you wish to change to another colour that is in use, please talk to that user beforehand and negotiate a compromise. Otherwise, any livery is fine.

Kas Racing - II
@Kas.
44: Lewis Hamilton
88: Nick Heidfeld

Harvey Racing - II
@Millsy24
5: Sebastian Vettel
22: Jenson Button

Siggy Pop Racing - II
@the_sigman
9: Scott Dixon
10: Dan Gurney

Red Night - II
@Sasha Jednak
77: Stirling Moss
24: Milos Pavlovic

DTK Racing - II
@Jimlaad43
84: Antonio Felix da Costa
27: Nico Hulkenberg

NLE Motorsport - II
@Lesley Buurlage
33: Max Verstappen
95: Beitske Visser

Excelsior Formula Racing - II
@rubaru
34: Phil Hill
53: Alexander Rossi

Falcon Motorsport - II
@Márk Lintner
12: Ayrton Senna
13: Alain Prost

2KF1 Racing - II
@Aidan Keranen
8: Mika Hakkinen
7: John Watson

Choppa Speed - II
@Andri Luka
4: Lando Norris
69: Mahaveer Raghunathan
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Sasha Jednak

rubaru

4000RPM
Dec 7, 2015
4,908
1,023
46
Team Name: Excelsior Formula Racing
Primary Livery Colour: White
Secondary Livery Colour: Orange
Driver 1 name and number: #34 Phil Hill
Driver 2 name and number: TBA
 
Last edited:

Meff28s

2000RPM
Premium
Nov 8, 2013
2,629
1,546
29
Sorry guys but I might skip this season.. I have so much work currently I don't have time to make a livery that I'll like, but most of all I won't have the time to actually watch the races.. and that's the saddest part :unsure:
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Millsy24 and rubaru

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Premium
May 2, 2010
20,084
6,526
Sorry guys but I might skip this season.. I have so much work currently I don't have time to make a livery that I'll like, but most of all I won't have the time to actually watch the races.. and that's the saddest part :unsure:
I can make a livery, that'll be fine.
 

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Mar 27, 2011
2,952
1,223
Team Name: Red Night
Primary Livery Colour: Red
Secondary Livery Colour: Black
Driver 1 name and number: #77 Stirling Moss
Driver 2 name and number: TBC in draft round
 
Last edited:

Lesley Buurlage

CEO Northern Lions Esports simracing department
Premium
May 7, 2013
4,988
1,922
23
Team Name: NLE Motorsport
Primary Livery Colour: Orange
Secondary Livery Colour: Black
Driver 1 name and number: #33 Max Verstappen
Driver 2 name and number: tbd
 

Aidan Keranen

League of Legends Play by Play Caster
Premium
Dec 3, 2010
9,048
4,691
Team: 2KF1 Racing
Colours: Silver + Black
Driver 1: Mika Hakkinen, #8
Driver 2: tbd
 

Millsy24

1000RPM
Premium
Jul 23, 2012
1,298
753
22
Team: Harvey Racing
Colours: Light grey and yellow
Driver 1: Seb Vettel #5
Driver 2: tbd
 

Márk Lintner

1000RPM
Nov 9, 2012
1,506
497
Team Name: Falcon Motorsport
Primary Livery Colour: Black
Secondary Livery Colour: Red
Driver 1 name and number: #12 Senna
Driver 2 name and number: TBC
 

Kas.

75RPM
Apr 20, 2020
79
22
15
Team name: Kas Racing
Primary colour: Maroon
Secondary colour: Yellow
1# driver: Lewis Hamilton #44
2# driver:tbc
 
Last edited:

Benutzername

I breathe a lot. I guess i just really like air.
Premium
Oct 10, 2011
8,667
2,910

Tim.E

4000RPM
Oct 27, 2014
4,659
1,650
Won’t be in for another season, you’ve seen my activity Jim. Wouldn’t wanna cause you headaches like that again. Thanks for the invite though
 
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Millsy24

What is your favorite social network?

  • Twitter

    Votes: 82 30.8%
  • Instagram

    Votes: 100 37.6%
  • Facebook

    Votes: 47 17.7%
  • Other (specify in thread)

    Votes: 61 22.9%