Global Formula Automobilista - Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
RED NIGHT SET UP TITLE DECIDER
1610564347165.png

Milos Pavlovic took victory in a dominant 1-2 for Red Night as a bad race for championship leaders DTK and Nico Hulkenberg brought the championship lead down. Felix da Costa recovered a 3rd place for DTK to keep them ahead. The front row had an awful race. Scott Dixon spun on lap 2 and was collected by Sebastian Vettel, who retired on the spot. Dixon later was involved in a collision with Hulkenberg, which lost them both a shed-load of time.

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Jimlaad43 @Kas. @Sasha Jednak The driver's title is between your three drivers. Do you think you have the skills to get the Championships?

Interviews
@Jimlaad43 @Kas. @Sasha Jednak The driver's title is between your three drivers. Do you think you have the skills to get the Championships?
My drivers have the skill to take the championships, while on the other side my skills as manager are questionable. :roflmao: Hopefully, it will be enough having talent in cars and not in office. One bad thing is: history is against us. Every time after win we had awful race next.
As for this race, didn't expect this result for sure. But it was good to see finally my drivers actually overtaking when they are on inside before turn.
Good luck to all of us in last race, we hope title gets decided on track with speed, not in Q or with DNFs.

TITLE SHOWDOWN NOT AFFECTED BY CONTENDER ON POLE
1610928359930.png

Hulkenberg, Heidfeld, Moss and Pavlovic can win the Driver's Title

DTK and Red Night can win the Constructors Title

The race and championship battle is absolutely thrilling and unclear who will win all through the race. If any race is a must-watch, it's this one!

Lap 6: heart stopped
Lap 14: Stop the race, stop the race, we have both titles. It is to dangerous to drive.
Lap 24: Milos, you can't do 0 stop race, please come in.
Lap 29: second heart stop.
Lap 32: finally overtook Max, well done Milos.
Lap 44: just when I thought Raghunathan was never mentioned, he does DTK team order for them. :roflmao:
Lap 54: nice move Stirling, bring it home now. Plan B(omb) is on.
Lap 69 (coincidence :rolleyes: ): wow, that was bad for Seb.:confused:
Finish line: Well done Mas.. uhm sorry , well done Moss you did Massa!

What a race, what a race. Well done @Jimlaad43 for commentating, and to you and Hulk for drivers title and fantastic team battle whole season. Super close season, any chance FIA gives you to run F1 this/next year? :D

Last edited:
Holy Crap Nico made it hard for himself all through the race. Also, why the hell did Nico lift off on the exit kerbs almost every time I went onboard with him? I stopped going to T-cam shots of Nico because it was just cursed.

Vettel was the big loser out of the whole thing, so that's who I feel worst for. Super close battle though and congrats to Red Night for the Constructor's title.

Well I said a few races ago that anything less than a podium is a failure, so here we are.
This season has been an abject failure on so many levels. It really felt like we had a good chance by adopting a different strategy to our rivals, unfortunately we never truly got to see whether that would have made any difference.

Thanks to @Jimlaad43 for running the season as always, it's great to see a simulated season go on, I'm sure the changes for season 4 will bring some new and exciting options to the table.

But as I said, I won't be a part of that. I'll be withdrawing 2KF1 from the competition for an undetermined amount of time. Yes I'm open to returning, but.. not for a while.

Thanks all.

Well that was close season. Congrats to @Jimlaad43 for driver's title and thanks for running this game. It was nice watching and listening to races.:thumbsup:
I was lucky to always be close to top in these 3 seasons, finishing with the title. Still regret that Moss' lift while on inside of Copse on last lap. :roflmao:
Unfortunately I will pull out Red Night from next season. I need to focus all time somewhere else and I am just finishing off all forum games I am part of. Hopefully it won't take long before I can come back. :)

So just as I bring new rules in to try and fix the series, you all decide to bail on it.

Thanks.... Really appreciate that.

Excelsior Formula Racing, along with team boss Jason Lutz, would like to thank @Jimlaad43 for his monumental efforts on putting together this 3rd season of Global Formula Automobilista. The team have finally met with some success, learning from past mistakes, and taking risks where they may not have in the past. While the final results may not reflect the gains made during the season, all the effort from the engineers and drivers have been exemplary and worthy of a bonus.

It is our belief that, without certain mechanical failures and other events beyond our control, the team should have been fighting for both championships. Alexander Rossi's single win in Germany and Phil Hill's sole podium in France are not reflective of their racecraft, nor the car beneath them. They were both fighting for wins and podiums in nearly every race, Rossi himself holding commanding leads on several occasions when disaster struck.

Despite rumours of the series folding, Excelsior (and its future shareholders) are committed to participating in any future campaigns. Alex Rossi has already agreed to a contract extension, and we are excited to see #53 in our Season 4 contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back