Global Formula Automobilista - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kas. Congratulations on your first podium! Do you think you have the team to challenge Hightech for the title?
We think with a bit of luck and some good performances we could get a championship this season, but its early stages at the moment and you just dont know, but so far we have gotten lucky and we hope that this form continues

@Omer Said Another dominant drive from your drivers, but this time they both made it across the line. How far can you take this team?

I think we had this advantage due to our early leap in the engine department. But now the other teams will catch up and it will be quite harder to dominate like that. We fear that the rest of the season will be closer and driver abilities will play an important role.

1 more day to get your buys in.

Also, if anyone wants to join me in the commentary box, I'd be delighted. Talk to me in the private messages if you want a go.

INOUE LEADS AS WINNERS ARE AT THE REAR
MagnyCoursQuali.jpg

What was that qualifying, Heidfeld?!

Still, that was a superb recovery. Kobayashi was relatively poor, and he ignored our team orders in the final lap to give the position to Heidfeld for the championship. Tuk tuk tuk...

Our first win is a bittersweet one. Inoue drove a faultless race whilst hamilton really underperformed for us. Thankfully we have our first win EVER and high tech didnt have fantastic race so we are looking good going into road America

Fantastic, finally we got that podium! Great Q session for our driver and great start gave us 2-4. Unfortunately Fangio couldn't keep fast cars behind, with his former teammate even bumping him out of the way. That bump gave some issue to Fangio's car so we had to pit him earlier than expected 2nd time. But we will take this great result from Moss and hope we can close on top teams in next races.

Inoue wins at a canter
1596020800694.png

Taki Inoue scored a first win for himself and Kas Racing with a dominant victory in France. The Japanese was first off the line and didn't look back, with only an early stop in the first pit window stopping him leading every lap. Stirling Moss kept his composure and crossed the line in second place to record s first podium for Red Night after so many close calls in previous races. Jim Clark held off the slow-starting Bertrand Gachot for third, as the driver's championship closed up at the top.

The real star of the show was Nick Heidfeld. Starting on the back row with fellow race winner Chris Hoy, the two were expected to climb up the pack. Hoy's charge - up 11 places in 2 laps - was stunted early after being rammed by Dan Gurney, but Heidfeld kept out of trouble and ended up 6th, behind his team mate Kobayashi who'd started 3rd.

Two drivers retired with scary accidents. Antonio Felix da Costa was caught out in some chaos at the final corner and found himself in the wall, pinging across the track as a few other drivers also took damage. Gilles Villeneuve was on for points until he spun off on his own oil at a chicane and has a scary aerial accident after hitting the tyres at high speed. Both drivers are fine and should be back for next round.

MARKET IS OPEN

@Kas. A spectacular first win must feel great! Can you catch up with Hightech for the rest of the season?
@Sasha Jednak how does it feel to finally be a podium finisher?
@Millsy24 Sebastian finally scored points for you, do you think there is a chance of getting the team back up to the from this season?

The next two rounds will be run on Mondays, rather than Sundays as I will be at the British and 70th Anniversary Grand Prix's, so I hope you'll understand that I won't have the energy to do these races on Sunday night. :thumbsup:

@Sasha Jednak how does it feel to finally be a podium finisher?

Finally, it was long time waiting, and after Clark came close few times last season we managed to get a great replacement. Which proved as a good move, as Moss really delivered in this race. We are still some way off top cars, but we were helped with keeping low downforce for long straights in France. Now we need to do another good preparation for next race and continue our progress.

@Millsy24 Sebastian finally scored points for you, do you think there is a chance of getting the team back up to the front this season?
It was great to see Sebby cross the line this week after being very unlucky 3 times in a row. I hope we can sneak back up the grid now that we actually have some money, hopefully someone else can suffer from some unreliability

@Kas. A spectacular first win must feel great! Can you catch up with Hightech for the rest of the season
It does feel great but we are scratching our heads over the lack of pace for Hamilton, his mistery pitstop was for a shard of glass on the track he hit and the tyre pressure was going down and we had to pit him but after that he had no pace and got caught up in an incident
We think we can catch Hightech with a bit of luck but for now we just want another win in road America

The next two rounds will be run on Mondays, rather than Sundays as I will be at the British and 70th Anniversary Grand Prix's, so I hope you'll understand that I won't have the energy to do these races on Sunday night

Don't forget to wave at the camera when Max crashes in front of you or when Lewis does his victory lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 50 54.9%