Global Formula Automobilista - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a great car but our drivers are not up to speed, annoyingly one of the most power driven tracks is next for us so we will have to focus on power, we might get ahead of high tech on power though due to their poor performance today, Inoue definitely could have got a result if it weren't for qualifying

"In all of this, Dan Gurney's retired somewhere, and I didn't even notice." That's ok, neither did we!

Just kidding. He actually had the same steering issue as Phil, that's how he ended up in the back of Bellof instead of diving up the inside. Only Dan's was much worse and caused him to stop on track. It would have been great to finish both cars as I think Phil was able to show the pace of the machine this weekend, finally. Had a great fight at the end with Max and Take, luck to end up in front after Hoy mixed us up a bit lapping us. A few repairs this week, hopefully work out the steering issue, and get some more points.

Argentinian Grand Prix
Plays the video, immediately hears “hello there”
1594654356657.jpeg

REDEMPTION FOR HOY
1594805276499.png

Chris Hoy excised his demons from Imola last season by scoring a first win in the series after passing he unlucky Kamui Kobayashi. The Hightech driver stole the lead at the start and dominated the race until Gearbox failure saw the Japanese stuck in 3rd gear. A spin trying to lap a backmarker while stuck in the gear managed to prevent Hoy passing, but the team retired the Hightech car when Kobayashi finally made it to the pits. Hoy fended Gachot off in the last laps until Gachot spun, leaving the cyclist to pedal away to a simple win. Polestar and Siggy Pop occupied 2nd to 5th, with polesitter Nick Heidfeld relegated to 7th after a severe lack of pace and an extra pitstop to boot. The biggest losers were Harvey Racing. Running up at the front until engine failures robbed both cars of points. Amazingly, after only two rounds, all 15 teams have scored points! Polestar lead the Constructors Championship from Siggy Pop and Hightech.

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Sasha Jednak, how much was Stirling relived when he finally passed Hamilton in the pit window?
@rubaru, points on the board early on, but still a low standing in the championship. Do you expect better driving from your drivers?
@oorjit07 a double retirement from your drivers from points positions must hurt. How can you remedy this situation?

@rubaru, points on the board early on, but still a low standing in the championship. Do you expect better driving from your drivers?
We got a unlucky with the steering issues, which is why Phil crashed into the back of Bellof early on. That's what forced Dan to retire, as well. But, seeing Phil recover from the back of the pack all the way to P12 gave us hope that our car does have some pace to compete this season. If we can manage to finish more, I think we can consistently be in the points every race.

@oorjit07 a double retirement from your drivers from points positions must hurt. How can you remedy this situation?
It definitely hurts. On one hand, the pace we showed in quali and the race was exciting and promising, but the sponsor money and prize money we missed out on here could end up hurting us in the next few races. We just need to keep working on reliability now, and maybe we can extract a few good results from this season.

So many mini heart attacks, but the end was perfect. We had to warn Kamui numerous times to back off, but he was not interested in that until the last stint. There were some seriously close calls.

I was almost 99% sure I would get my sponsor money this time.. and of course, I miss it for 1 second in the last lap. You did pretty well Gilles at the end of the GP. I mean after you destroyed your front wing for no reason ^^

Kas Racings First Podium! We got a fantastic 3rd and 4th for the team which could have been more if kamui had been a bit over aggressive towards his teammate:unsure:

HIGHTECH DOMINATES IN ITALY
1595408276889.png

Nick Heidfeld took his second win of the season, surviving a race-long assault from his team mate. Kobayashi looked quicker through the entire second stint, but wasn't able to capitalise and had to settle for second. Kas racing scored their first podium with 3rd and 4th, while Siggy Pop secured 5th and 6th. David Brabham found himself stuck behind Stirling Moss all race, the Red Night having just enough power to keep the Polestar at bay.

Championship leader Bertrand Gachot had a dire race, but ended up still being able to score points, albeit in 12th. This was better than Argentina race winner Chris Hoy, who became the first retirement of the race, running out of fuel due to the legacy of a lost front wing earlier.

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Omer Said Another dominant drive from your drivers, but this time they both made it across the line. How far can you take this team?
@Kas. Congratulations on your first podium! Do you think you have the team to challenge Hightech for the title?
@kevintaddo10 There are rumours that the team is leaving the series. Can you confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes