AC Ginetta - Clio RS Multiclass @ Magny Cours - Sunday 7th April 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Magny Cours for some Multiclass action!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.
All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

MagnyCours-03.png

Server Details:
  • Server: RaceDepartment.com Server 8 (Available for practice throughout the race week)
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 50 minutes - Race

Cars:

GT4
Cup

Event details:
  • Track: Magny Cours
  • Pit stop: MANDATORY STOP between 10 and 40 minutes.
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Fast track.
  • Track Temp: 33C
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory TC and ABS
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

Golden Rule

1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days. If you knock someone off and it's your fault please return the position.
Track limits
  1. For exceeding track limits to improve your lap times you will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty. Any warnings/penalties are displayed as a server message/in the chat window at the end of each lap.
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• Video guide to multiclass racing - Click here
  • It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake cars in slower class. (Blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not) The slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. GT4 should have, at a minimum, full overlap with a Cup car before the corner apex.
  • If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class, the normal blue flags gentleman's rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake, usually a slight lift at the start of a straight. Please be sensible.
  • Separate qualification runs will happen for GT4 and Cup classes. First 10 minutes for GT4, second 10 minutes for Cup. Cup cars must not exit the pit lane before 10 minutes have elapsed. GT4 must not start a lap after 10 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • Discord is highly recommended for all club races. For multiclass it is particularly important.

Last edited:
Brian will the Clio be a very annoying mobile chicane to the Ginetta, ?
Would the Audi TT club or Audi TT RS not be a better choice. :)

Wowser, to call magny Cours a "technical track" is the understatement of the year.:confused:
Also you have to "dance on the slack line" with track limits to get a half way decent flow into this.
Thanks Brian for not demanding drive through, i see a lot of penalties dropping.

Yes, it will be (isn´t that the point?)
I probably have scared a bataillon of Clio drivers shitless by now, you zoom that fast around over and under them. ( I may have tripped over one once and we all died, but I plead the fith on that one.:()

Ernie, you´ll love this one. hard breaking from 5th to 1st (twice :mad::mad:) several flow killing chicanes with murderous sausage curb, a H.Tielkes wet dream.:speechless:

Not sure ernie. You mean too slow? Unchartered water. I think it will be similar to LMP1 vs GT3/E, but this is a test pretty much.
Wowser, to call magny Cours a "technical track" is the understatement of the year.:confused:
Also you have to "dance on the slack line" with track limits to get a half way decent flow into this.
Thanks Brian for not demanding drive through, i see a lot of penalties dropping.

I'm leaning more towards less warnings and more shorter time penalties. The drive through 3+ warnings I think is better suited to endurance racing.

Not sure ernie. You mean too slow? Unchartered water. I think it will be similar to LMP1 vs GT3/E, but this is a test pretty much.
Actually these waters are charted dayly on the website that shall not be named.

The speed differential is enormous, on Daytone Road Course the TCR needs 5 laps to catch the main body of the Clios, backmarkers earlier.

(No Clio drivers souls were harmed in making this picture)

Nobody died here small.jpg

Last edited:
I managed a very difficult to get 05, I would, just a guess , say the the Ginetta wiii be 20 seconds faster.

Lmp1 is about 18 seconds quicker than a GT3/E at Spa so it's kinda the equivalent here. As a rule of thumb it seem to work well. Easyish to pass without being too crazy a difference.

Obviously these are completely different cars, no hybrid/4wd/full driver assists, so we'll have to see..

Last edited:
I am trying my best to get Brian to dump the Clio and use the Audi TT cup, The RS version would be too quick for the Ginetta. The TT club is enough seconds off the pace, still giving the Ginetta star billing.
I love FWD but the Clio is beyond dull , even for me. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
They do this combo in real life, so it should "work". I just happened to catch the end of the stream this past week where the Britcar Trophy championship race was running, Ginettas, Clios, and others thrown in. Lots of overtaking midway through.

Not sure which class to jump into myself :coffee:
It's a great championship to spectate at:inlove: - last few years I've seen a few, Brit club racing these days is excellent, and cheap :thumbsup:

I am trying my best to get Brian to dump the Clio and use the Audi TT cup, The RS version would be too quick for the Ginetta. The TT club is enough seconds off the pace, still giving the Ginetta star billing.
I love FWD but the Clio is beyond dull , even for me. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Hehe, did a few laps the other night and thought the same and was about to agree, but did some more laps tonight and found it's actually it's quite chuckable in the slow/medium stuff and has good balance.

That said, it sounds shite and has poor ffb feel.... yeh, the Audi would be better:roflmao::laugh::p
(The track limits are insane btw, 5 corners with 2 wheels well in and it's a cut :()

Last edited:
It's a great championship to spectate at:inlove: - last few years I've seen a few, Brit club racing these days is excellent, and cheap :thumbsup:
I've been catching the live streams on weekends when I can the last few years. Great way to start a weekend morning (my time)

And my first thoughts on the clio were similar to yours Ernie. But then I raced it a bit the last couple months over on lfm and it actually produces some pretty decent close racing. More fun on the grid than in practice I think. I actually find it much easier to drive than the arbath :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.