AC Ginetta - Clio RS Multiclass @ Magny Cours - Sunday 7th April 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I still love the idea of this multiclass, even dig sitting in the faster car for a change.

BUT:
Magny Cours anoys the snot out of me, even with generous setup help from Ernie I just can´t find speed, let alone consistenciy.
I shot Jim for his constant nagging about track limits ( and buried him under the spend tyres heap) but in the end I have to admit defeat.

Up yours, Magny Cours, I´ll do some thing nice today. Like:
(in a strained Chris Haye voice)

GT3 in Spa.PNG

(in a strained Chris Haye voice)

View attachment 744669

The last few months I've been exploring tracks I've never raced at, updated versions etc. The lesser lapped GT tracks. Hope it has provided a fresh experience to some.
For me generally the actual racing is alot better than the solo practice chasing clock numbers at these rare old venues.

Apart from the chicane i quit like the track, i would not say it had a flow to it but mostly i like the track.
The chicane is right at the start finish line so you don't have to think about it much:)

I read somewhere that people are made different, so it should come at no surprise that opinions on tracks differ.

My opinion on the on the Start/Finish chicane is that if you cock it up you keep on collecting punishment points up to the first hairpin.
Cruel and unusual....

Last edited:
You could say that it will not effect your last lap. So you lose the next lap without overly sacrificing the lap you have done.

Good race for me, pit stop disaster, could not find the pit box. Stopped in the most obvious place, thought I was in the box.:(
We still do not have auto clutch, so that meant repeatable stalled engine every time I moved the bleeding car.
What with the time penauty being applied after the race with a car that is very difficult to point it were you want when everything is in your favour let alone mistakes.

I decided to take the best from the race and throw the towel in. So for me a happy ending.
:)

Last edited:
First of all sorry to the Clio I hit at penultimate corner, was a misunderstanding I thought I can go through the inside. Was my fault, not sure who it was, my replay file is still not working since using reverb G2. json file is missing as well.
Race was fun fighting against Richard,Ernie and Johnny. Very close in the last laps, great stuff.
Thx Brian for organizing.

cu

:(
We still do not have auto clutch, so that meant repeatable stalled engine every time I moved the bleeding car.

Thats just the nature of the car Ernie. Auto clutch was on. I think auto clutch only effects a manual gearbox, why it was off previously.

Last edited:
Bugger,i seem to have a problem seeing the pit box in this car. Is there any fix for this.
I could press F5 but as it is a quick lit stop I can see me getting in a muddle.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry I dropped out, I was having weird frame rate and stuttering problems, went off to try to find out why.
Thanks for organising Brian, an interesting combo,

My usual approach to that is to turn off CSP sub menus, such as smart mirrors' until it runs smooth!
I did get two stutters when I first left the pits on joining the server but it was perfect afterwards.

Anyone else have issues? I am back in a single monitor so will need to people to let me know if tracks are poorly optimised. That was about the one advantage of hosting in VR!

__

I thought the combo of the 2 cars was perfect for learning multiclass racing skills. They have essentially the same dynamic as a LMP1 and GT car, in terms of aero, braking, exit speed etc. so all the decisions you make are the same just in 0.5x speed!
Unfortunately, outside of (short :) ) championships, club racing doesn't seem to pull in the numbers for multiclass racing, so you don't get the same frequency of lapping/being lapped.

Thanks to all for joining. I try to think of points of entry to online racing for beginners, in response to threads asking about it.
It may work at Spa or similar but, after a good waffle with robert, unfortunately beginners probably , at least initially, will want to jump straight into an F1/LMP1 car and not a little easy to drive clio.

I think in future I will stick to the big guns and leave a GT4 as the slowest car on a Sunday :)

Last edited:
I had no real problem with the speed difference with the Clio. I would suggest that it had a lot to do with the Clio being so slow all were more than willing to move over and be very helpful.
Which they were in a surprising way.
It is probably the change of focus that comes with a slower cars.
In fact I got the impression that for the Clio it added a welcome bit of excitement.:roflmao::roflmao:

I run 5760 x 1080 and had no noticeable stutter or any problems of graphical nature..:)

I think the circuit was very good, suited both these cars well, in a lmp1 type car, a nightmare of a circuit. GT4 being of more road going class it was more at home.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it very much! Very close and nice battle with richard and later with tom. Unfortunately I had one big and two little mistakes again, took to much risk in the end. Again it prooved that consistency is king.

Looking very much forward to our next race!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea