Reading between the lines reported on this I think there are a few reasons for the purchase at this time:

1. Forza Horizon is now more popular and a better seller than Forza Motorsport, the spin off has become the lead series. Forza has reverted to a more mainstream console game and away from motorsport (no track limits or even 'red time' for off track exploits, no incentive to drive cleanly or fairly etc) because that is where the big sales, player numbers and money is.

2. As E3 showed once again Microsoft has a serious lack of first party exclusive games (console exclusive ex Steam Indie games do not count!) and Playstation is leading the console wars almost 3:1 in install base. This is despite Xbox One X being the worlds most powerful console, just in case anyone has missed the message Phil Spencer repeats twice in every sentence. Bottom line is PS is winning the exclusives battle by a long distance.

3. They announced Xbox games will soon be playable on a range of devices from TV to phones and pads without needing any Xbox hardware. What better type of game to have on that type of streamed platform than a pure fun arcade racer?

Totally agree. It's almost like they are unaware of this thing called Steam and why it's so popular with decent PC digital prices and regular sales of certain titles even sometimes giving away some of the older ones as part of a series etc.
They really need to do some form of market research as it looks like they haven't bothered and can sell digital copies of games for the same prices as physical which I don't believe is right in most people's book.
@Majuh what part of my comment do you disagree with?

Is nobody else reminded of PGR2?

Back to racing around the streets of Edinburgh! I spent hundreds of hours racing Mini Coopers around the streets of Edinburgh online and never got bored of it.

I read somewhere once that Playground Games took on a lot of the staff that were victims of the Bizarre Creations closure.

Bizarre Creations used to make arcade racing style games for the Microsoft platorm and were acquired by a much larger organisation, then the much larger organisation decided they didn't want those games any more and closed the studio down.

OH WAIT!

Erm... beg to differ. Seriously.
Steam i thought was always cheaper than the high street... in my region it is anyway
Definitely cheaper than Xbox Live too and I compare prices as I own both.
Just compared a couple of purchases

Layers of Fear Xbox Store HKD 156.90
STEAM it's currently free...

Ori and the blind Forest Xbox Store HKD 60
I paid 30 on steam

I don't even know about the high street as they always cost more from stores than on Steam

• Deleted member 197115

Apples and oranges, you compare physical store that needs to pay rental, staff, etc. to online retailer.
Online physical copies in general are cheaper with few exception of course, sales, promotions, ....

Perhaps reason Amazon Prime has discount on physical games. Nobody buys them these days. :)

I don't even know about the high street as they always cost more from stores than on Steam
In the northern eurozone, it's the other way around. Games are always cheaper at your local electronics store because they know they wouldn't sell a single copy otherwise. You have to keep in mind that Steam always takes a 30% cut.

• Deleted member 197115

They really need to do some form of market research as it looks like they haven't bothered and can sell digital copies of games for the same prices as physical which I don't believe is right in most people's book.
I believe the point of disagreement and all follow up posts was this statement.
But if you are saying this is not what you really meant, it's allright. Peace.

Wow, I'm impressed! Runs soooooo much better on my PC than FH3 - Ultra setting at 3440x1440. For the most part 95fps (some drops to 85 and over 100 at times). Looks stunning and oh so smooth. Have only tried the demo on my PC with an Xbox controller, haven't yet bothered trying with my TM TX wheel setup/rig.

• Deleted member 197115

Wan't able to start it, was crashing on loading screen. Will try to redownloaded overnight.

• Deleted member 197115

If anyone have issues launching demo, disable all your audio devices.

Good Port. Never droped below 60fps with decent visual options and fully rebindable keys for pad and keyboard. Fov sliders for camera options are decent but fairly limited since the game dosent seem to support VR.

If anyone knows how well the game works with direct drive wheels and clubsport v3 pedals please let me know.

Anyone have a Fanatec wheel? I’m getting zero FFB with my V2 in this, no details just an inverted feeling, used to work in Forza Horizon 3 but doesn’t in that now either, anyone know how to fix this?

• Deleted member 197115

I don't think FFB is working in Demo.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back