AC Formula Thursday- Radicals on the 22nd

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Formula Thursday Radicals- February 22nd

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

1708100714419.jpeg

Are you short of time, don’t have all week to practice and set up difficult cars?

Well, after the success of last Thursday’s meeting we are jumping in the Radical again for this Thursday as we go fast and furious around Donnington Park, with practice, qualifying and TWO races all completed in approximately 75 minutes all in. So you still have time to have a race with like minded people and do other things with your day too!

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities amongst a friendly community, without the intensity and stress of longer more intense races.

The car is the Radical SR3 XXR.

1708099866765.jpeg

Built by UnitedRacingDesign using official data supplied by Radical Motorsport Ltd.

Straight out of the box and with the stock set up this is a great drivers car and it will get you around here with very little effort. However, for those who like to extract the maximum performance then there are multiple set up options available as well as some nice skins.

The track is the Donnington GP circuit.

1708099919502.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to Formula Thursday Radical using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard weekday password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be sent in a PM.
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 GMT (20:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:15 CET, 20:15 GMT (20:15 UTC) | 10 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20.30GMT (20:30 UTC) | 20 minutes - Race 1
  • 21.50 CET, 20.50 GMT (20.50 UTC) 20 minutes -Race 2 (Reverse grid top7)
  • Practice server available during the week. Usual weekday password.
Event details:

• Car: Radical SR3 XXR
  • Skins: (You will need to load all in this zip file to see other drivers liveries)
  • Track: Donnington Park GP https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park.3031/
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Practice server is running.:thumbsup:

Please note the race day start times;
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 GMT (20:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:15 CET, 20:15 GMT (20:15 UTC) | 10 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20.30GMT (20:30 UTC) | 20 minutes - Race 1
  • 21.50 CET, 20.50 GMT (20.50 UTC) 20 minutes- Race 2 (top 7 reverse grid)
I have pushed the event start time back by 1 hour after feedback from the Silverstone event, hopefully this will fit in with the majority now. Also the race length now extended to 2 x 20 minutes to provide even more fun!

Last edited:
Straight out of the box and with the stock set up this is a great drivers car and it will get you around here with very little effort. However, for those who like to extract the maximum performance then there are multiple set up options available as well as some nice skins.
Hi Paul, are those setups options you mentioned shared somewhere?
  • Track: Silverstone National (Kunos)
You probably didn't notice this part in description wasn't updated...

Hi Paul, are those setups options you mentioned shared somewhere?

You probably didn't notice this part in description wasn't updated...
Thanks Dai, now updated. (Somebody reads the instructions:D:D:thumbsup:).
I meant that the car has a lot of different settings to fine tune for those who want to extract more but the default set is is not bad, just ask Han!:D

Last edited:
Try this Dai, takes 3 laps to get tyres up to pressure but it will get you around here in a decent time.
thanks Paul,

that setup helped a ton :inlove:

Still this car will be a very good teacher for me, everytime I start to feel confident it just kicks the rear out under me.:speechless:

So NOT tossable as the Mazda!:O_o:

I will partizipate tonight to get a lesson in humility, GT cars just don´t seem to be my stick.
All this drifting seems to have spoiled me for real driving....

I tried the setup Paul shared, I feel like it can go faster, but also harder to drive.
This car is interesting in that when driving at 99% is super stable and nice, but once I try to go for 100%, the line between hooked up and over the edge is very fine. Until I can figure out clearly where that line is, the default setup is more forgiving. The soft tire seems to do the same thing on the default setup, so I am stuck with the medium. Still, a very fun car to drive. It also have one of the best sound.

thanks Paul,

that setup helped a ton :inlove:

Still this car will be a very good teacher for me, everytime I start to feel confident it just kicks the rear out under me.:speechless:

So NOT tossable as the Mazda!:O_o:

I will partizipate tonight to get a lesson in humility, GT cars just don´t seem to be my stick.
All this drifting seems to have spoiled me for real driving....
I felt that the front end was digging in a bit too much and causing the rear to come round on slow corners, try a click up on the front ARB and a bit more rear camber Carsten.

Last edited:
Hi Paul, I picked the 88 MOMO skin, but ended up with 90 on the server. Do you know why that may be? Not important if you don't know off hand.

Hi Paul, I picked the 88 MOMO skin, but ended up with 90 on the server. Do you know why that may be? Not important if you don't know off hand.
In the pre-race looping practice server you get a random skin Dai, I can see from the admin page that you have the 88 Momo selected so it should be OK when the race server starts up at 20.00 UTC/GMT (21.00 CET).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.