AC Formula Thursday- Radicals on the 22nd

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ernie,
I feel your pain, though I have to admit that I did all the shite myself.

Had a tandem spin with Dai into the Old Hairpin, drove him into the ass sometime later, abismal driving standarts :(
In the end almost caught Bouke as he cocked up "bigly" in the last lap, but I had cocked even "worsely" into T1 so he got saved by the bell.

Second race started very lively, got used to collecting Freebies in "Spinalla Hairpin" until the Fates pulled me at the short and curly and I spun "bigly" (and twice, as cold tyres are even bitchier than warm ones ) so the normal order restored i arrived the way I left on P10.
(Losing 6positions in the process. That will treach me to have an eye on the tyre monitor, I saw afterwards :rolleyes: that my rear left was on strike :speechless:)

It will also teach me to not ribb Han when he runs afoul the earth magenetism problem as all the other drivers. What else would explain the accumulatation of desaster in this hairpin:

DNNGTN Red Zone.PNG

Sorry Han for cutting too close, it´s 2nd time that this happened. My radar showed that there was plenty of room....don´t know. Anyway, hope u survived that without bigger problems.
No problem, Kimi. I know that it isn't easy. It happens to me also sometime. It's sometimes guessing where the other is and the radar isn't always showing the the actual situation. Do you use Helicorsa or Carradar?
Until I get VR I guess I have to live with it.
But these https://grid-engineering.com/products/grid-brows help a lot to know if there's a car besides you.

Last edited:
Results are in:

only race two,...
Here it is with both races...

Actually I´d like to take an opposing position here:

at least HeliCorsa is absolutely exact, when the car is near you it´s shown red.
When you turn in you´ll hit it.
It´s possible when to overlook it in the heat of the battle, but that´s on me :(

And I´d take triple screens over VR any time, you see anything you need to "feel the car movement" and what´s in your side panels and mirrors. Just like real live.

Also it´s "set it and forget it" thing where I don´t have to fuff around everytime my GPU does a fart or something in the bazillion involved softwares changes.

Also edith in response to Han´s edith ;):

Also my Dashboard flashes red on the sides when someone is in the danger zone, and the LED flages over the main monitors do the same.
LED flages are DIY or not expensive to buy. (I bought mine for 40€ a piece)

Last edited:
Here it is with both races...

FYI, the json files needed by simresults can be found on the Results tab of the server page on which the race was run - so server 6 for this race. Just download all the json files and upload them to simresults

Screenshot 2024-02-22 220955.jpg

FYI, the json files needed by simresults can be found on the Results tab of the server page on which the race was run - so server 6 for this race. Just download all the json files and upload them to simresults

View attachment 732244
Ah, okay, thanks! I always upload the json file that ac creates in the results directory on my hdd. But I never get both races. Can you/simresults combine both results to one event?

Last edited:
@Shed 17 Paul, maybe something to take in acount: the ‘wait time’ after fulvio finished in the second race was one corner too short for me to finish the race :cool: maybe you could make that a little longer for backmarkers to make it to the finish line.
Sorry Bouke, I’d kept the same time gaps from the week before at Silverstone, my fault :redface:but will rectify for the next one. ( I’m waiting for someone to say you should drive faster:D).
I’m learning something new everyday with this race organisation but generally I think the majority like the car. It does have that odd feeling of the front digging in and then the back comes round but once you can handle that part of it the car is fun to race.

Sorry Bouke, I’d kept the same time gaps from the week before at Silverstone, my fault :redface:but will rectify for the next one. ( I’m waiting for someone to say you should drive faster:D).
I’m learning something new everyday with this race organisation but generally I think the majority like the car. It does have that odd feeling of the front digging in and then the back comes round but once you can handle that part of it the car is fun to race.

Thanks Paul for organizing the race!

Nice car to drive and even nicer format for me to fit right at lunch time (actually the first race format of 2x 15min races was even better, I nearly had to miss the second race today except the 1PM meeting was going to got canceled :) )!

Looking forward to more of these...

Last edited:
Ah, okay, thanks! I always upload the json file that ac creates in the results directory on my hdd. But I never get both races. Can you/simresults combine both results to one event?
Yes, just upload both race file results. Just make sure you upload race 1 first and race 2 second.

I think AC only keeps the latest race json file on your computer so it's better to get them off the server as that keeps both races.

Last edited:
Thanks to you all for joining in, it is encouraging to see so many sign ups and also the calibre of the drivers competing.
Well done to the podiums, it looks like there was some intense racing going on throughout the field which is exactly what I wanted to see. I would also love to drive this car on longer tracks but at the same time I don't want to dilute the field to the extent that it gets lonely, so a mix of tracks is probably the way to go.
I'll get something together for after the upcoming F3 races, but I am conscious of over doing it too much, and I also have some other ideas for car/track combos to keep the interest up.

In the meantime it's F3 for the next two Thursday's kicking off in Bahrain next week. We already have 20 drivers registered with a very competitive looking line up. Have you entered yet?

It was fun racing this car/track combo! Didn’t have the time to do some decent practice for this, but decided to jump in last minute. No idea about the fun factor of this car. Took a few laps to get a useable setup, but got it going just in time. So, fingers crossed and let’s see what happens…

Strong field tonight! Qualified P11, with an okayish time, race 1 managed to (mostly) stay out of trouble in the opening laps and found myself at P6, just not steady and quick enough to keep that position. Last few laps Carsten approaching in the mirrors, so just tried to stay alive and keep my position. P9 finish, happy with that.

P2. Sucked. The end. I’ll be faster next time :roflmao::cool::laugh::whistling::p:D

Thanks Paul for organizing, congrats to the podium, get well soon Jason and thanks all for racing!

I loaded my setup with wings 0 - 2 I had from the day before and which went quite well but just didn't manage to keep it on track throughout practice, qualy and race 1.. I think I just wasn't as sharp as the day before after a day helping a friend renovate his house. But yeah, real bad performance for race 1 there. I loaded Steve's setup for race 2 which was a lot easier to handle, and that went a whole lot better, apart from Fulvio who was very quick last night!

I hadn't done much laps on the softs but I seemed to lose all heat into them after a few laps, so I did both races on the mediums. But not sure if that was the right call after seeing so many on the softs.

Anyway, the car is great! I'd be happy to do more races with it for sure. Thanks for setting this up Paul!

The softs were better when you started on 33psi, but started failing about two laps before the end.
That is the ONLY reason I so woefully ****ed up Spinalla hairpin in the second race and had to return all the positions my fellow racers had freebied to me :speechless:
I did race 1 on softs but the last laps the car got much more oversteer. Second race the mediums and those went well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.