Cars Formula RSS 3 by Race Sim Studio

Yep looking damn fine too I must say :D
Dz1c4iWUYAA45my.jpg:large

Yeah good stuff, I'm downloading all the instagram stories they post incase they show something interesting - as once they are gone they are gone! Seeing some variety throughout which which teams do what in terms of liveries, which I'll keep in mind when creating the UVs to try and make sure I have all eventualities covered.

Hi, is it possible that the HALO could be forced as "on" in a fixed setup? I tried to do this with the one in HY2018, but the setup option isn´t stored in a setup. From my view of understanding it should be able to do, am I correct? At least it is there in the setup stored at the data.acd...

regards, Wolfgang

Hi, is it possible that the HALO could be forced as "on" in a fixed setup? I tried to do this with the one in HY2018, but the setup option isn´t stored in a setup. From my view of understanding it should be able to do, am I correct? At least it is there in the setup stored at the data.acd...

regards, Wolfgang
Hi,
The RSS3 will have the option Via the "setup" menu same as the RSS2,
regarding the 2018 Hybrid car, that option is there in both the standard and the S1 versions,
standard version the car loads with the halo and in the setup you can switch it off,
the S1 version loads ingame with no halo and you have the option to switch it back on,
both are there and work just fine.
55576da76ba16ef99ff4319dc5d94c21.jpg

Last edited:
That is how it works, I know that. But i want to ensure that all drivers have to use the halo, for use in a league. It would be unfair, if some got a better view than others. And since it should be easy to force, why not?

Aaaand ingame :D Not final but just testing how practical the skin layout is. I've tried to make it so you can paint anything, but if you dont (like many IRL liveries), you can leave it blank and it will use the appropriate CF texture (3 of them to be exact, only 2 used for now though, need to make the third).
Same with the headrest, Tcam, roll hoop etc, paint them if you want, or leave them blank.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_ks_barcelona_2-3-119-0-4-31.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_ks_barcelona_2-3-119-0-5-21.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_ks_barcelona_2-3-119-0-4-57.jpg

custom_showroom_1551484654.jpg

custom_showroom_1551484699.jpg

custom_showroom_1551484674.jpg

Tried something a bit different than i've done in the past for this type of car, pretty much everything is on the main skin texture in order to give the most flexibility for teams that run their liveries over the carbon fibre floor etc. All of this below is skinnable:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Shader settings for the carbon fibre match the bodywork, meaning when you paint it it'll look the same, but that means in order not to have super glossy carbon, you have to make use of the RGB properly, as shown below:

unknown.png

I'll set up the templates in a way that should make it reasonably easy to understand :)

Tried something a bit different than i've done in the past for this type of car, pretty much everything is on the main skin texture in order to give the most flexibility for teams that run their liveries over the carbon fibre floor etc. All of this below is skinnable:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Shader settings for the carbon fibre match the bodywork, meaning when you paint it it'll look the same, but that means in order not to have super glossy carbon, you have to make use of the RGB properly, as shown below:

unknown.png

I'll set up the templates in a way that should make it reasonably easy to understand :)
Lovely! :thumbsup:
Will there be some kind of high res logo texture for some parts of the car?

One suggestion: It would be nice if is possible remove the halo for all grid cars like F2V8. On F2V6 only in your car is possible.

The halo is an aberration.

One suggestion: It would be nice if is possible remove the halo for all grid cars like F2V8. On F2V6 only in your car is possible.

The halo is an aberration.
Removing it for the driver is simply to avoid the sight issue you get on single screens that you wouldn't IRL. I see no need to remove it for other cars.

Its like modelling street car and chopping the roof off just because you think it looks ugly - so what if it looks ugly, the car is supposed to come with one, so its gonna have one.

Removing it for the driver is simply to avoid the sight issue you get on single screens that you wouldn't IRL. I see no need to remove it for other cars.

Its like modelling street car and chopping the roof off just because you think it looks ugly - so what if it looks ugly, the car is supposed to come with one, so its gonna have one.
Then...Why is possible in F2V8?
I want a world without halo. Please, let me have it in virtual world :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes