• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Cars Formula RSS 3 by Race Sim Studio

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by CC, Feb 10, 2019.

1. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,122

Race Sim Studio
    RSS is proud to announce its next arrival in its formula series,
    the Formula RSS3 2019 project....
    Once completed this car will be available to everyone for free download via our shop!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WIP By @garyjpaterson 10/02/2019

please stay tuned for more announcements and wip

check out more content here http://racesimstudio.com/

• Love Love x 24
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,122
    Looking forwards very much to this one, and the updates from @garyjpaterson :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +832
    Hey man, there's something wrong, it says "free download" and it's not April yet

• Haha Haha x 6
  4. NeverKrash

NeverKrash
    Pro Sound Designer. RSS Director.

Ratings:
    +524
    3rd.

Yes, the car will be free.

• Love Love x 8
  5. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,735
    Yep I can't wait for this one too!

I've been itching to make a modern open wheeler for some time, and after enjoying Andrea's F317 mod so much I knew this would be a perfect fit. I had always intended to make something like this, but with RSS you know it'll have amazing physics and custom SFX, and I'm very happy for it to be free!

Look at it as a thanks for supporting RSS so far, or if its your first, hopefully it serves as a good demo of what else is on offer!

I loosely started this quite some time ago, mocking up a spline model and moving onto a few parts (front wing etc), though I've only started working on this properly recently, and very happy with how its looking so far.

Will post some more detailed pics soon. I'm trying to work on this in my 'spare' time and as quickly as possible (though it wont be rushed, OCD wont let that happen!).

• Love Love x 13
    • Beer Beer x 2
  6. Jayenn

Jayenn

Ratings:
    +53
    Sounds amazing. Will be following this one for sure and can't wait!

7. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,337
    Wow, great looking car. Which car is this in reality? It looks similar to Dallara SF19, but not just quite :)
    Would be good to have it too.
    This is how will SF look like in 2019, very similar:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,735
    Wrong :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  9. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,122
    Yes very very exciting this project, we know with Gary onboard the project the quality will be exceptional as always goes without saying.
    I love these types of cars specially this brand, the audio just sounds stunning so aggressive sounding to say its a smaller series car, but yet still almost 5 meters long, be nice to watch this one grow and then do all the liveries. :)

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jayenn

Jayenn

Ratings:
    +53
    I guess it's the Dallara F3 2019, but it looks very very similar to the SF19. How do they differ spec-wise?

11. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,735
    I think Super Formula is probaly closer in pace and DF to F2 rather than F3, they just share styling cues really.

12. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,735
    First proper update I guess:

Ingame with just a simple texture right now, checked DRS and halo animations work

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall made good progress so far, most of the major bodywork thereabouts bar a few smaller details - of course still plenty needing done for suspension/gearbox. Cool looking car though imo :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Using the same steering wheel as the RSS2 - though I knocked 7k tris off it! :p

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  13. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,735
    Probably final update till next weekend (have more pressing models to be working on during the week!) - lower rear wishbone pickup was a bit special compared to the others and needed its own little protrusion panel thing. Looks neat :)

Just needs some actual wishbones to hang off it, maybe that'll be next weekends job.

upload_2019-2-10_23-21-12.png
    upload_2019-2-10_23-21-48.png

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Peesyy

Peesyy

Ratings:
    +0
    God yes this thing is already gorgeous, can't wait :geek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,122
    Yes Gary made very light work on this since receiving a manual from NASA, very impressive work on the details and the chassis! looks beautiful indeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,735
    Just a quick visual test to see what it looks like from the drivers view, to see what needs more detail from close up etc. SFX and physics are 100% placeholder atm so dont pay much attention there, just a WIP look around the RSS3 in its earliest form :) (sorry for the DRS clicking and discord beeping lol)

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +832
    cars with HALO look all the same onboard :( (not your fault ofc)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  18. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,735
    Except this halo is different from all cars with a halo before - this one being Steel, its a few times heavier, a few times less expensive and a different construction (so brand new model from me).

So from that perspective its actually a differentiator from many other onboards - ie. it would "look all the same" even more without it :)

Anyway, as always there is the option to remove it for single screen visibility which is hindered unlike IRL.

• Love Love x 2
  19. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,735
    Sorry, I'm a liar; I said I wouldn't work on this again this week, and I did by accident... I had the file open just to place a reminder for something I needed to change later and before I knew it I had these side vents done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  20. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,122
    We all know you love this little car Gary dont be ashamed to admit it. :p
    Yes those vents are looking awesome great work man, until you shown me I never realized there just the 1 vents. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.