Cars Formula RSS 3 by Race Sim Studio

Race Sim Studio
RSS is proud to announce its next arrival in its formula series,
the Formula RSS3 2019 project....
Once completed this car will be available to everyone for free download via our shop!
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

WIP By @garyjpaterson 10/02/2019

please stay tuned for more announcements and wip

check out more content here http://racesimstudio.com/

Yep I can't wait for this one too!

I've been itching to make a modern open wheeler for some time, and after enjoying Andrea's F317 mod so much I knew this would be a perfect fit. I had always intended to make something like this, but with RSS you know it'll have amazing physics and custom SFX, and I'm very happy for it to be free!

Look at it as a thanks for supporting RSS so far, or if its your first, hopefully it serves as a good demo of what else is on offer!

I loosely started this quite some time ago, mocking up a spline model and moving onto a few parts (front wing etc), though I've only started working on this properly recently, and very happy with how its looking so far.

Will post some more detailed pics soon. I'm trying to work on this in my 'spare' time and as quickly as possible (though it wont be rushed, OCD wont let that happen!).

Yes very very exciting this project, we know with Gary onboard the project the quality will be exceptional as always goes without saying.
I love these types of cars specially this brand, the audio just sounds stunning so aggressive sounding to say its a smaller series car, but yet still almost 5 meters long, be nice to watch this one grow and then do all the liveries. :)

First proper update I guess:

Ingame with just a simple texture right now, checked DRS and halo animations work

wTBrqmq.jpg

a9fl1xb.jpg

DsGyZUa.jpg

1034451bf082f846bea35930fd59a23b.gif

Overall made good progress so far, most of the major bodywork thereabouts bar a few smaller details - of course still plenty needing done for suspension/gearbox. Cool looking car though imo :)

nn8jREC.png

2FqOekA.png

cZDAJt9.png

Using the same steering wheel as the RSS2 - though I knocked 7k tris off it! :p

Just a quick visual test to see what it looks like from the drivers view, to see what needs more detail from close up etc. SFX and physics are 100% placeholder atm so dont pay much attention there, just a WIP look around the RSS3 in its earliest form :) (sorry for the DRS clicking and discord beeping lol)

cars with HALO look all the same onboard :(
Except this halo is different from all cars with a halo before - this one being Steel, its a few times heavier, a few times less expensive and a different construction (so brand new model from me).

So from that perspective its actually a differentiator from many other onboards - ie. it would "look all the same" even more without it :)

Anyway, as always there is the option to remove it for single screen visibility which is hindered unlike IRL.

Sorry, I'm a lair; I said I wouldn't work on this again this week, and I did by accident... I had the file open just to place a reminder for something I needed to change later and before I knew it I had these side vents done.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
We all know you love this little car Gary dont be ashamed to admit it. :p
Yes those vents are looking awesome great work man, until you shown me I never realized there just the 1 vents. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%