Cars Formula RSS 3 by Race Sim Studio

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_ks_barcelona_2-3-119-16-1-48.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_ks_barcelona_2-3-119-16-2-0.jpg

It's looking great! When compared to these particular pics, there are just a few carbon details that pop.
1) the carbon weave seems finer, mostly on the yellow sides of the front spoiler (but you're probably trying to minimize moiré effect)
2) the separate weave on the nose-end piece (might be a pain for regular skins)
3) some parts that look plain black instead of carbon like the front damper top cover, engine cover and partially on side-pods. The combination of these different shades of black make result in an interesting look.
But given that this is a WIP, and this is a "formula rss 3", it might not make much sense to go after these details in great length.

OT:These new "gp3" cars seem so fast when compared to the older formula 3s, that I wonder how crazy it'd be for them in Macau.
On wiki it's mentioned that Yas Marina was moved away from the calendar to allow drivers to race there. If no other series are adapting the dallara f3 2019, will Macau Grand Prix be running older F3 series for economic and safety reasons?

It's looking great! When compared to these particular pics, there are just a few carbon details that pop.
1) the carbon weave seems finer, mostly on the yellow sides of the front spoiler (but you're probably trying to minimize moiré effect)
2) the separate weave on the nose-end piece (might be a pain for regular skins)
3) some parts that look plain black instead of carbon like the front damper top cover, engine cover and partially on side-pods. The combination of these different shades of black make result in an interesting look.
But given that this is a WIP, and this is a "formula rss 3", it might not make much sense to go after these details in great length.

OT:These new "gp3" cars seem so fast when compared to the older formula 3s, that I wonder how crazy it'd be for them in Macau.
On wiki it's mentioned that Yas Marina was moved away from the calendar to allow drivers to race there. If no other series are adapting the dallara f3 2019, will Macau Grand Prix be running older F3 series for economic and safety reasons?
Thanks for the pointers!
1)Yeah right now I've simply lifted the seamless detail textures from other RSS cars, I'll make/edit them later to make sure they match better.
2)Yeah I thought about splitting it there - it'd be very easy to do, but as you say it will make 95% of skins more difficult simply to make say 5% of skins looks more realistic (I think carbon fibre skins are definitely in the minority).
3)Yes that too - I said earlier that the real car uses 3 carbon types and that I hadn't yet added the third; the 3 being, the yellow 'natural composite' on the front wing endplates, the traditional larger weave on the tub (and rear impact structure, though that will be on another texture), and a very fine - seeminly almost plain black - weave on the rest of the panels.
Having said that I've put together something right now, may well undergo some tweaking still but its a start.
ert0fk6.jpg

Close up:
6mIpv3o.jpg

This is the material up close (GP3 car this one):
unknown.png

Also I know it looks darker IRL, though everything seems brighter in that showroom I use, it looks pretty dark ingame.

And yes I doubt the new F3's will be at Macau, they are really a GP3 replacement, not F3. The old F3 cars will continue to be run under the "Formula European Masters" name supporting DTM. Hopefully the Macua GP continues somehow.

edit* ingame pic:

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_paul_ricard_3-3-119-20-5-23.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I completely missed the 2/3 CF comment above the red car pics on the last page, as those pics robbed me of all attention. :)
It's already looking close to life with only the new material addition, it's easy to imagine it without the high specular of that showroom. Thanks for the update!

We have ourselves a bit of an interior all of a sudden. God I love open wheelers for that reason - 2 days and you have most of an interior punched out - dont ask me how much time i spent over the last month or so on a certain GT interior... :sleep:

Anyway its not totally done - its as far as I can go without better ref for various buttons/stickers/bolts etc. I've left space on the UVs so should be simple enough to add later.

Oh and driver position and steering animation done too, nice and snug.

custom_showroom_1551742723.jpg

custom_showroom_1551742773.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_lilski_calabogie_4-3-119-23-42-3.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_lilski_calabogie_4-3-119-23-42-17.jpg

(since fixed the steering column AO - still was using the RSS2 bake)

Coming together now, almost looking good on track now. Patiently (not really) waiting for physics so i can enjoy this thing properly.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_lilski_calabogie_5-3-119-0-17-43.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_lilski_calabogie_5-3-119-0-18-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, really enjoying this one, nice change of scenery from the past few things I've made. Not too much left to go now, working to tie up all the remaining mechanical stuff, so brake calipers, wheel tethers, uprights etc. :thumbsup:

All of the mechanicals made and textured now (might edit/change some of the detail textures still) - wheel tethers etc flexing on all four corners. Not long now

custom_showroom_1552938536.jpg

custom_showroom_1552938521.jpg

custom_showroom_1552938582.jpg

custom_showroom_1552938629.jpg

custom_showroom_1552938712.jpg

custom_showroom_1552938781.jpg

06829661892272a72348ffdeac4d9730.gif

Last edited:
First pre-season test is underway at Paul Ricard, so finally we get an idea about the liveries and the pace of the new car.:geek:

I must say it looks nice with the Red Bull colors too
OknMkNd.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back