Formula Hybrid 2020 | F1 2020 Skin Pack

Skins Formula Hybrid 2020 | F1 2020 Skin Pack FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi - great pack, many thx for the work ! :thumbsup: As a VR user its not good though - the helmets are visible in front of you and thats very distracting. If you then delete the helmets from the extensions folder all helmets are then white. Any good way to fix this? Other than getting the cars one by one via the links? :)

Hi - great pack, many thx for the work ! :thumbsup: As a VR user its not good though - the helmets are visible in front of you and thats very distracting. If you then delete the helmets from the extensions folder all helmets are then white. Any good way to fix this? Other than getting the cars one by one via the links? :)
Thanks for coming to me with this issue! I wasn't aware that there were any VR incompatibilities with ACSPRH helmets (Here). You're likely experiencing this issue because of the custom 3D models that Marco17_ok made for that mod.

Unfortunately there are only a few helmets for the 2020 drivers that are made for the default helmet that is compatible with VR, one of which (Lewis Hamilton's helmet) is currently included in the skin pack. The only solution to this issue that I know of would be to delete all of the ext_config.ini and Helmet_2019.dds files from the skin folders. This will lead to a bunch of blank, white helmet textures on almost all of the grid if you don't use the ACSPRH helmet models included with this mod.

Alternatively, what I would suggest is contacting Marco17_ok who made the helmets about this issue to see if you can position the driver in a different part of the car so the helmet won't cause the clipping issues (or possibly to find another workaround such as hiding the helmet while in VR or while driving). I am not a VR user, so I'm not aware if you can modify the camera placement in VR mode in AC, but that would likely be the best solution for this issue if you can find a way to do it.

Other good places to ask for help would be the Race Sim Studio and AC Custom Shaders Discord servers. There's a lot of helpful people there that will likely be able to find a solution to your problem.

Last edited:
TheSourceOfTheNile updated Formula Hybrid 2020 | F1 2020 Skin Pack with a new update entry:

Updated Mercedes & AlphaTauri

Please make sure to delete the old skins from the steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\rss_formula_hybrid_2020\skins folder before installing the mod!

This update includes the new updated versions of Haze Racing Design's Updated Mercedes AMG W11 and TheSourceOfTheNile's AlphaTauri AT01. Some of the changes to these mods include updated logos on the AlphaTauri, a new ACSPRH helmet for Lewis Hamilton, and improved gloves for both cars.

[ATTACH type="full"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, great pack this are professionally made!
I have an issue that with triple screen monitors I see a line across all 3 screens when in cockpit view (look like the lines from the helmet it self) anyone with a similar issue?

In regards to the above, ext_config.ini files present on skin folders are missing the following:
Code:
[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE
to properly hide helmets on the custom models. This was addressed on the helmets pack update (link).

Thanks in advance if you could take care of this detail :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Absolutely Great Package :):):)

I have only one minor issue, when starting a session (thru CM) all in-car camera views are not available (only 3 - of 6 which seem to chosen at random i.e. dash, front & chase). My current work around is immediately "restart session/race" with "Ctrl-O" after which all 6 cameras are available. Any ideas?? :coffee:

Anyway, thanks again for the great package...I am just getting back into OW racing.

With the release of the RSS FH2020 v3 update there's more settings in original ext_config.ini than that's overwritten by the file provided in the skin pack. Do you plan to provide a tyre-config for the newest update?

With the release of the RSS FH2020 v3 update there's more settings in original ext_config.ini than that's overwritten by the file provided in the skin pack. Do you plan to provide a tyre-config for the newest update?
I do actually! Time has been very busy lately because of college and this update came up during my midterm exams, but this weekend I plan on going and updating the pack to feature the latest tires. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

TheSourceOfTheNile updated Formula Hybrid 2020 | F1 2020 Skin Pack with a new update entry:

The Tire Update (Formula Hybrid 2020 V3 Compatible)

The skin pack has now been updated to support the brand new tires included in the V3 update to the Formula Hybrid 2020.

View attachment 415256

Installation:
1. Install the V3 updated version of the Formula Hybrid 2020.
Delete or move any 2020 F1 team skins located in
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\assetto corsa\content\cars\rss_formula_hybrid_2020\skins before installing
Delete or backup all of the files in the "extension" folder located in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please take a look at my previous post. Your pack still includes faulty ext_config.ini files inside the individual skin folders. Because of those, helmet and face parts aren't properly hidden on the driver model replacements with new helmets under cockpit view (an issue that was already addressed in the original helmets pack).

Some users end up asking for help about floating (helmet) parts on the rss support discord thinking it's a problem with the car, while it'll only happen for this skin pack atm for the aforementioned mishap. These will show under cockpit view on VR, wide fovs, seat moved back etc.
Just try moving around the onboard camera position (specially backwards) to notice the still unhidden objects vs the original skins (relying solely on original driver and driver3d.ini).
As currently, on each skin folder's ext_config.ini:
Code:
[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET1985
should be replaced with:
Code:
[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
to address this issue. The same was done on the updated helmet pack (link), you can check on the new ACSPRH.rar "Config files" folder.

Thanks for looking into this, as some users might not know how to solve it :)

(edited: clearer post)

Last edited:
Please take a look at my previous post. Your pack still includes faulty ext_config.ini files inside the individual skin folders. Because of those, helmet and face parts aren't properly hidden on the driver model replacements with new helmets under cockpit view (an issue that was already addressed in the original helmets pack).

Some users end up asking for help about floating (helmet) parts on the rss support discord thinking it's a problem with the car, while it'll only happen for this skin pack atm for the aforementioned mishap. These will show under cockpit view on VR, wide fovs, seat moved back etc.
Just try moving around the onboard camera position (specially backwards) to notice the still unhidden objects vs the original skins (relying solely on original driver and driver3d.ini).
As currently, on each skin folder's ext_config.ini:
Code:
[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET1985
should be replaced with:
Code:
[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
to address this issue. The same was done on the updated helmet pack (link), you can check on the new ACSPRH.rar "Config files" folder.

Thanks for looking into this, as some users might not know how to solve it :)

(edited: clearer post)

AlleyViper, I understand and agree with your recommendation concerning the ext_config.ini entries. However, for what it's worth, my helmets are working fine with the updated skin pack. This is single player, so not sure if what is being reported is a multiplayer issue. I do not have ASCPRH installed either.

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2020_rw13_italy_gp_2020_26-10-120-0-48-7.jpg

Don't take me wrong, but you don't seem to understand the issue, or simply don't see it because of your cockpit camera settings+fov, so helmet parts don't pop into view. On my default settings it won't be noticed too, but the issue is there and can easily be avoided.

It has nothing to do with sp/mp, but cockpit view and missing properly hidden driver model objects when csp replaces driver models as instructed by theses skins.

Most users won't see it on single monitor with a decently narrow fog (that will "move pov forward"), but the issue will be obvious if you move the seat backward enough, so the pov is behind the visor instead and then stuff comes into view, or if you use ultrawide for a wider fov, vr, or just seat moved back, etc. Then you'll still see the helmet parts and driver model popping into view. The expected behavior is for all of that to be hidden.

This is what happens when you move back the onboard position way backward on these skins due to the missing lines above:
parts.jpgparts2.jpg
These driver/helmet objects aren't supposed to be rendered in cockpit view. Most affected users won't see something as extreme, but mainly those visor contours floating.

This is what should be seen after the correction suggested above/properly hidden driver head and helmet, just like you'll see on the fh20 default skins (that make use of the respective hide lines on driver3d.ini for the car's default driver model), or on 99% of AC content:
parts3.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
My res is 3440x1440. I tried the FOV calculators, but then adjusted what worked best for me. This is how my FOV is setup and I don't have an issue seeing the helmet or visor. I have not tried V3 in VR yet, so perhaps I will have trouble there. I will switch to the new INI settings. Cheers.

FOV.jpg

FOV2.jpg

Just click the - (minus button) on seat position until you see the driver neck come into view, and compare to my screens above. The driver should be headless (third screen) when all is setup well for cockpit view, without any helmet/face objects.

If you don't see a helmet/head like on my first pair of screens, then you either don't have the skin pack properly installed, or are running a csp version incapable of applying the current driver3d replacements enforced on skin folders from this pack.

Again, it can be a noticeable problem or not depending on pov vs fov vs screen ratio, just like jfeelders and mibrandt reported on VR and theowl93 on triple screen. When another user reported it on discord, this was what he saw (pic).

Last edited:
---------------------------
ERROR
rss_formula_hybrid_2020 : Error cannot find lods.ini for car rss_formula_hybrid_2020
OK

Any ideas?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back