Cars Formula Hybrid 2018 by Race Sim Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, I'll be getting an OSW and will just bolt on a Nardi wheel, in VR you can't see the screens / buttons anyway!

Although having the Wave Italy wheel and driving the FH2018 in VR would be pretty special!
Yes that would be amazing I imagine :D:D

First skin found here on RD: good! Car looks gorgeous.
9CF19B20B2D88129B089FB67A0D468901102C14D

I drove a crazy 57 laps at Barcelona yesterday, absolutely love it. It's like how I loved the FH17 and this is even better. The speed, the feeling, even the Halo, sublime. The sounds are fantastic. Both onboard and exterior. Great job RSS team, let's see how much mileage I can get with this baby this year. :D

Hi,
The 2018 Hybrid project is officially sponsored by Wave Italy SRL , using exclusive branding on all liveries,
and using there Wave Impact F1 steering wheel in which is a officially licensed product soon available in there shop for purchase, we worked with there software manager to implement the best product possible,
we did add fuel and delta which as a + makes it more usable maybe we can dev the display more and work together to find a better solution :)
I too found the display to be ... somewhat odd.
To be precise, I never found any use of the 'current time' display, the ERS/battery bar look a bit strange and I am missing what was the yellow bar on the old wheel. And I would love to have a brake bias display.
Hope the display will be improved in any way in the future :)

Also, will there be a template for the high res logos file?

I too found the display to be ... somewhat odd.
To be precise, I never found any use of the 'current time' display, the ERS/battery bar look a bit strange and I am missing what was the yellow bar on the old wheel. And I would love to have a brake bias display.
Hope the display will be improved in any way in the future :)

Also, will there be a template for the high res logos file?
Yes sorry will make an update I loaded a .dds not psd :)

Hi this mod has gone sadly, the LOD of the car made is surplus to requirements,
would be fine for shows and events single players use, but adding it back to the car at this stage would make the build well over 360,000 triangles its too much sadly so we made a decision to drop it.
I understood the fact that LODs of every tire can be very heavy, but why in tires selection there aren't Hard and SuperHard as compounds? AC could support a lot of compounds for the same car

After some testing in Silverstone (on Supersoft tyres) I managed to get a 1:27.6. Was hard to drive this lap, but I did it. Loving Formula Hybrid 2018. Next track: Barcelona.

I understood the fact that LODs of every tire can be very heavy, but why in tires selection there aren't Hard and SuperHard as compounds? AC could support a lot of compounds for the same car
standard AC way is to use textures,
so manually switch textures and visually it will change the color,
we have ways to make it so you can do this manually ingame without requiring external textures,
but the way is too expensive on triangles,
currently the car is 332,000 triangles the most detailed car we ever made in terms of mesh geometry,
maybe I could clean some mesh back and add the mod again but would be for example 10% on all parts of the car in all areas, some areas would suffer more than most,
currently the front nose and wing is the highest, and maybe some waste also going on there but it looks great,
we decided for the modification to go :)

Is it just me or is the sound of the 2018 car much softer/lower than the 2018 car? Also I find that the FFB is way different. With my usual FFB settings in the 2017 car it is almost undrivable with the 2018 car. Does anyone recognize that?

standard AC way is to use textures,
so manually switch textures and visually it will change the color,
we have ways to make it so you can do this manually ingame without requiring external textures,
but the way is too expensive on triangles,
currently the car is 332,000 triangles the most detailed car we ever made in terms of mesh geometry,
maybe I could clean some mesh back and add the mod again but would be for example 10% on all parts of the car in all areas, some areas would suffer more than most,
currently the front nose and wing is the highest, and maybe some waste also going on there but it looks great,
we decided for the modification to go :)
I'm fine with this, but I'm not talking about textures or lods, I'm talking about compound currently available. Hard and SuperHard are missing. Why?

I'm fine with this, but I'm not talking about textures or lods, I'm talking about compound currently available. Hard and SuperHard are missing. Why?
Oh ,
Yes sorry there not used in real life only as an emergency compound so was decided not to apply it to the content :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back