Resource icon

Cars Formula Ford - Russell Alexis Mk.14 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great historical mod, the only flaw the too much lying position of the pilot and roll bar too big in height for the remainder well done, to admit the rear of the car remarkable.
If you retouch these 2 particular is absolute perfection
Robert-Romanansky-Macon-MR7-AA.jpg
You know where you can put that X

Is anyone interested in a pack of the liveries at full resolution? (2048x4096, instead of the 1024x2048 included with the mod)

Yes please. Would be nice.:)
Also one question is there any chance on a 3D template? ( would be ever nicer )

Thanks guys for an absolutely incredible car.

I've done my very first few laps with the car. Really enjoying it. Driving at Brands Indy. Bizarrely, I'm not finding the North tyres any faster than East with the setup I'm using :roflmao: might be a setup thing as mine is quite understeery and drastically different to default. I feel like I can improve more with East tyres than North if anything :unsure:

Most of the roll bars now were raised because of safety worries. Saw quite a few questions about this in some of the SCCA events, especially on older Formula cars and Formula Vees as well.

Bizarrely, I'm not finding the North tyres any faster than East with the setup I'm using :roflmao: might be a setup thing as mine is quite understeery and drastically different to default.
I don't think they're too different in overall grip, just the old ones are softer (meaning larger inputs for the same result) and maybe heat up a little more easily on straightline circuits. They just get grip from different places (mid corner inside wheels, North has more grip, exit corner rear wheels East should be more. Or I might have that backwards...)

I don't think they're too different in overall grip, just the old ones are softer (meaning larger inputs for the same result) and maybe heat up a little more easily on straightline circuits. They just get grip from different places (mid corner inside wheels, North has more grip, exit corner rear wheels East should be more. Or I might have that backwards...)
Nope that sounds about right. Exit of the final corner at Brands Indy the East tyres dominate! Mid turn certain corners the North are better based on the delta.

I'm way off the pace of this Alexis Mk14 at Silverstone national at the moment :( Currently at 1:08.1 compared to 1:05.7. There is a lot of scope for setup tweaking though so maybe it is that. Would be good if anyone can confirm whether that time is achievable or not... I'll upload my best in a little while, I'm at 100% grip and flat shifting but still way off :D
silvnational.jpg

BTW there is no gearbox damage at the moment, just mentioning incase it is not by design. Also one of the articles I read yesterday mentioned someone winning a race or setting a fastest lap on their second or third race or season on the same tyres (lol) and mentioned how durable they are. I'm getting quite a lot more wear than Kunos vintage tyres and this car is very light, again just mentioning incase this isn't by design. Could be Kunos were a little optimistic.

Frist go in the car, mistakes, missed apexes and setup possibilities but I'm sceptical whether there is 2.4 seconds left in it. Not that it really matters but incase it is useful info.
(using North tyres here BTW)

Last edited:
Very nice car - thank you Nick!
Just curious why some skins have a really dark windshield. Like REALLY dark. I'm guessing some RL cars had this, but I find it hard to race with these skins because I can hardly see the track through it.
Also, any plans to make it fully shader patch compatible?
Thanks again, lovely little car.

Edit: just noticed as well that using the normal drag 'n' drop CM method makes the car install as a mod, not as a car. Any reason for this? I've not seen it before with any other car mod.

Last edited:
Just curious why some skins have a really dark windshield. Like REALLY dark. I'm guessing some RL cars had this, but I find it hard to race with these skins because I can hardly see the track through it.

Are they almost opaque? They're darker, but should still be quite transparent. You could remove the .DDS file from the skins folder and they'll return to the default windscreen - I can't remember the name of the file exactly but it should be obvious when you see the name

One of the things I noticed when driving the car is that over serrated kerbs, some relatively flat kerbs and some runoff areas the car is very twitchy and wanders a lot. And pulls toward the kerb. I even had couple of instances where the car stuck on a kerb and just spun around. As you have left the physics open I took a look and you have damping set to 1600 in the tyres.ini (compared to using low value to get rid of this ac physics issue). Mugello is pretty terrifying going over the runoff kerbs. Flat kerbs and runoff like the turn 1 exit outer kerb in brands hatch does not give this issue. Braking over kerbs is sometimes really dangerous. I did not check if the car was actually bottoming out but in some places that could not be the cause anyways.

I'm not even sure if I am complaining though. When the car spun around I was going over the kerb very aggressively and for historic tracks this is a non issue. I like how you need to be careful but at the same time on some tracks you get some weirdness. Still 5/5 car tho :thumbsup:

Impressive car.
Some issues :
Wind screen is dark in some skins.
No damage for engine or gearbox.

Most important : car is really different when switching tyre compounds. I mean really different. From i will bite to every braking zone , to being understeery on brakes. Is this normal? I

I can't get the car to load into AC.

I tried 3 ways over and over.

1. Open file in AC root folder as explained in your first post
2. Drag and drop file into CM
3. Copy zip folder into AC "cars" folder and open file there.

No matter what I do CM tells me I am missing 3 things:

File "ui car json" is missing.
Brands badge is missing
Skins are missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

If the dark windshields bother you, just remove the (dark) glass DDS file from the skin folder (or rename it in case you want to use it again). Then you will have a clear windshield.

I'm really enjoying this mod, but am in the same boat as these other guys when it comes to the darkness of the windscreen. I think they should all be less dark. I don't know if they were like this in real life, but I think it would be in the best interest of the mod to lighten them up in future updates. Thank you for your work, a practically perfect mod!

I'm really enjoying this mod, but am in the same boat as these other guys when it comes to the darkness of the windscreen. I think they should all be less dark. I don't know if they were like this in real life, but I think it would be in the best interest of the mod to lighten them up in future updates. Thank you for your work, a practically perfect mod!
If you have Gimp or Photoshop you could open the dds and alter the alpha channel slightly to make it less opaque. I always forget which way around but I think it's further towards black for more see through.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back