Resource icon

Cars Formula Ford - Russell Alexis Mk.14 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Couple of things I've noticed while exploring the car

Wrong material assigned to these exhaust parts:
Showroom_russell-alexis_mk14_21-11-2018-7-29-49.jpg

Metal too reflective inside, as well as the floor looks like it's lit up, should use more of the AO to tone down the reflections on cockpit parts:
Showroom_russell-alexis_mk14_21-11-2018-7-31-15.jpg

And as I've mentioned on my review, would be cool to see some damage, at least the nose or upper body panel to shift a bit showing some gaps to what's underneath, same for the engine cover to shake after a crash. I guess dirt or visual damage is out of the question if the paint is using a custom shader.

Very nice car - thank you Nick!
Just curious why some skins have a really dark windshield. Like REALLY dark. I'm guessing some RL cars had this, but I find it hard to race with these skins because I can hardly see the track through it.
Also, any plans to make it fully shader patch compatible?
Thanks again, lovely little car.

Edit: just noticed as well that using the normal drag 'n' drop CM method makes the car install as a mod, not as a car. Any reason for this? I've not seen it before with any other car mod.

I'm really enjoying this mod, but am in the same boat as these other guys when it comes to the darkness of the windscreen. I think they should all be less dark. I don't know if they were like this in real life, but I think it would be in the best interest of the mod to lighten them up in future updates. Thank you for your work, a practically perfect mod!

Wold you guys be able to post a screenshot of the dark windscreens? Just want to make sure we're seeing the same thing. I'm planning to upload the high res skin pack this weekend and if it's a big issue for a lot I can lighten up the screens, but on my end they're not an issue; they're still quite transparent and I have no issues seeing the track through them. I'm wondering if maybe a graphic setting somewhere has an effect?

Interesting. It's more transparent on my end, not nearly as dark.

Would you guys prefer the dark windscreens removed entirely, or just made more transparent?

I had a quick go at a few more circuits to see how the virtual car compared to those in the HSCC.

Brands Hatch GP
https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Brands Hatch Results Jul 2011.pdf
RL - 1:38.5
AC (east tyres) - 1:45.5

Brands Hatch Indy
https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Brands_Hatch_Results.pdf
RL (Pruce 2014) - 55.8
https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Brands Indy Results.pdf
RL (Simms 2011) - 52.4
AC (east tyres) - 55.1
AC (north tyres) - 55.6

Donington National
https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/17201hsc.pdf
RL - 1:18.2
AC (east tyres) - 1:21.7

Silverstone National
RL - 1:05.7
AC (east tyres) - 1:08.0
AC (north tyres) - 1:08.1

I noticed there is no brake temp, flat spotting or blistering/graining. Brake temp would be a nice feature to have.

I couldn't find any explanation of how CM installing mods works. It just said it's the same as JSGME, which you just have the MODS folder in the zip and it's good to go.

I couldn't find any explanation of how CM installing mods works. It just said it's the same as JSGME, which you just have the MODS folder in the zip and it's good to go.

I don't know what JSGME is. I tried to open it in the root folder but I couldn't get it to work. I'll have to find another way.

I don't know what JSGME is. I tried to open it in the root folder but I couldn't get it to work. I'll have to find another way.
Open the 7z file with 7zip. Double click the MODS folder, double click the Russell-Alexis_Mk14 folder. In there you will see the content and system folders. Take those two folders and drag them into the root assettocorsa folder where you also see content and system folder. Overwrite any files it asks for and it should work fine.

Open the 7z file with 7zip. Double click the MODS folder, double click the Russell-Alexis_Mk14 folder. In there you will see the content and system folders. Take those two folders and drag them into the root assettocorsa folder where you also see content and system folder. Overwrite any files it asks for and it should work fine.

That's the part I was missing ... thanks LilSki!

Will I have to do the same with any updates on this mod?

On to Bridgehampton and Watkins Glen!:D

Last edited:
After a couple hours at it, in addition to what others have suggested, could I suggest brake lights and also differential power & coast adjustments to make the rear a bit more stable downshifting into a corner?

This is a GREAT mod and should see a lot of use.

[
What a fabulous mod...If enhancements are to be made could I suggest "options" i.e. a model based on pretty much what was the config . back in the day, and a version with modern bits such as heightened roll bar, brake lights etc.

After a couple hours at it, in addition to what others have suggested, could I suggest brake lights and also differential power & coast adjustments to make the rear a bit more stable downshifting into a corner?
Brake lights on a formula ford? Really? Better go look at one in person.

Brake lights on a formula ford? Really? Better go look at one in person.
I raced MGB's here in the States for over 12 years. Didn't race with open wheelers but was there on the same weekends. EVERY road racing sanctioning body here in the States requires that each car have at least one working brake lamp.

BTW ... he's already got one on the car ... it just doesn't work. Go back to post #10 of this thread. That red thing on the top of the end of the transmission is a brake lamp.

I would suggest a bulb but, ...

Last edited:
I tried setting up a championship with just these cars and I couldn't get it to work, and kept getting an error. Anyone else run into this yet ?
I'd be just as well with the clear windshields on all the cars. Other than that they are an absolute blast.

Interesting. It's more transparent on my end, not nearly as dark.
Would you guys prefer the dark windscreens removed entirely, or just made more transparent?

It seems to depend on the specific car Ryno. See the attached screenshot (no.4 car on top, no.3 below). I've ran with and without the shaders mod and the dark windscreen is still present without the mod. Personally, I'd be happy for it to be removed, or made transparent.

Thanks for a brilliant car by the way.

Attachments

• FF windscreens.jpg
    FF windscreens.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 165
I raced MGB's here in the States for over 12 years. Didn't race with open wheelers but was there on the same weekends. EVERY road racing sanctioning body here in the States requires that each car have at least one working brake lamp.

BTW ... he's already got one on the car ... it just doesn't work. Go back to post #10 of this thread. That red thing on the top of the end of the transmission is a brake lamp.

I would suggest a bulb but, ...
Believe the single bulb is a RAIN light rather than brake light. Acts as a marker when visibility is poor.

Edit: Ah, here we go, page 82 of SCCA GCR (General Competition Rules):
All Formula (open wheel) and Sports Racing cars shall be equipped with a red taillight of at least the equivalent illumination power of a 15 watt bulb. This light shall be mounted as high as possible on the centerline of the car and be clearly visible from the rear. The taillight shall be illuminated when ordered by the Race Director or Chief Steward.

So, that ain't no brake light on the rear of a formula ford!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back