Resource icon

Cars Formula Ford - Russell Alexis Mk.14 1.1

Stereo

3000RPM
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Stereo submitted a new resource:

Formula Ford - Russell Alexis Mk.14 - 1967 entry-level open-wheel racecar.

1968 Russell Alexis Mk. 14 Formula Ford
View attachment 282028

Installation
Open 7zip file.
Extract content + system folder to AC root folder.
Does not overwrite stock files.

Acknowledgments
Stereo - 3d model, textures, physics...
Ryno917 - skins
mclarenf1papa - physics polish
Gary Paterson - driver animations
Kunos - audio from the Alfa Romeo GTA
hhh316 - sand detail image
View attachment 282029

What is a Russell-Alexis Mk.14?
Alex Francis and...
Read more about this resource...

Stereo

3000RPM
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
If you want a video review, Chris Haye made one.

Thanks to the people who beta tested it, which is essentially the same list of names as the above acknowledgements, but also LilSki.

Fanapryde

1000RPM
Apr 19, 2016
Great car. :thumbsup:
One question though: why are the tires always looking like if you are riding in the mud (when using wet track mods)?
I'd understand them looking like this for a while when going off track (dirt, gravel etc...) but on a clean wet track ?

Stereo

3000RPM
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Great car. :thumbsup:
One question though: why are the tires always looking like if you are riding in the mud (when using wet track mods)?
I'd understand them looking like this for a while when going off track (dirt, gravel etc...) but on a clean wet track ?
I think that's automatic if track grip drops under 80% or so, so it's just how the wet mod is, not something I can control. Might need to set it to fast/perfect grip level.

Fanapryde

1000RPM
Apr 19, 2016
I think that's automatic if track grip drops under 80% or so, so it's just how the wet mod is, not something I can control. Might need to set it to fast/perfect grip level.
Thanks, it is indeed. :thumbsup:
Just finished testing some other open wheelers at Brands winter/wet and they all show the same mud pile up on the tires. :sneaky:

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
Thanks for this - a very welcome addition to AC. I can see me using this gorgeous little car a lot from now on. Thanks all - review left and donation made :thumbsup:

Davide Nativo

Columnist for RaceDepartment
Staff
Premium
Apr 4, 2014
@Stereo there is however something maybe wrong going on with the tyres. I already noticed it in the pictures and Chris' video, and then I saw it first hand. Like some kind of weird shadowing going on while they roll. Plus, they tend to look a bit yellowy (always when rolling, standing still they look perfectly fine). I remember that the weird shadow bug on the tyres was affecting Kunos cars too, but they somehow fixed it in the end. Might be something to look into.

Just another thing, the mirrors bolting plate is too much reflective. A more matte look, given also that it faces inside the cockpit, would look better I believe.

As for the rest, awesome car! Not yet given a review, but that's because I want to drive it some more ;)

Leonardo Ratafiá

2000RPM
Premium
Aug 25, 2009
that's probably due to CM shader patch feature of visible tire load, you can clearly see that on one of the pictures on the main resource.

maybe it's due to that

Dec 15, 2018
Great historical mod, the only flaw the too much lying position of the pilot and roll bar too big in height for the remainder well done, to admit the rear of the car remarkable.
If you retouch these 2 particular is absolute perfection

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
Those tyres look a fair bit more convex IRL too - the ones on the model seem quite flat-faced.

Jan 6, 2014
This Mod is brilliant. Did a very fast shake down with it, love the feeling!

Question: For online cases, the server administrator can allow just one type of tire?

Emery

2000RPM
Jun 6, 2009
Excellent drive! Definitely one of the most realistic and natural feeling cars in AC.