Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
__custom_showroom_1534075469.jpg
__custom_showroom_1534075460.jpg
__custom_showroom_1534075438.jpg
__custom_showroom_1534075425.jpg
I know a lot of you disagree with this, but I would still like to share this. Yes the original model was from PC1, but we have stripped it right back, just to the shell to be honest, and made it to what it is now, the full 2018 spec. The physics was well, way way off to be honest, everything about it was way off, even the COG, so we took the "shell" and this is what we have right now.

Shaun

Just my two cents: My opinion is still the same. Agu also used "only the shell" of bmw m6 gt3 but that's still scumf*** behaviour.

Again: just my two cents: Absolute scratch made or bust.

Just my two cents: My opinion is still the same. Agu also used "only the shell" of bmw m6 gt3 but that's still scumf*** behaviour.

Again: just my two cents: Absolute scratch made or bust.
I agree, but when you have spent 2+ years asking for "scratch made" and because I had no response, nada, nothing, to have the shell was a bonus, but the shell was based on 2015, so to bring it up to 2018 specs, we have practically re-written the book

I know what your saying, but RF2 gets away with it to bring the greater good?

I agree, but when you have spent 2+ years asking for "scratch made" and because I had no response, nada, nothing, to have the shell was a bonus, but the shell was based on 2015, so to bring it up to 2018 specs, we have practically re-written the book

I know what your saying, but RF2 gets away with it to bring the greater good?
I'm also disgusted by ripped content in rf2. That's why i don't have nords, brands or spa installed for rf2, or a modern formula car, or gt3 cars. I don't care if i'm depriving myself of joy by avoiding ripped content. I've been warned before about my behaviour towards ripper scums (not you, at least you keep it private) so i can't word my true feelings here but yeah, you get the idea. No scratch made model? No one willing to do it? Then no one will get to drive it for AC. Simple as that.

I'm also disgusted by ripped content in rf2. That's why i don't have nords, brands or spa installed for rf2, or a modern formula car, or gt3 cars. I don't care if i'm depriving myself of joy by avoiding ripped content. I've been warned before about my behaviour towards ripper scums (not you, at least you keep it private) so i can't word my true feelings here but yeah, you get the idea. No scratch made model? No one willing to do it? Then no one will get to drive it for AC. Simple as that.
Fair enough mate, but the way I see it, is ripped is just using somebody else work and stating it's your own. What we have done is not perfect, I agree, but we have taken the base, improved, adapted, changed it so much, you could actually call it scratch made, just my 10 pence

Shaun

Fair enough mate, but the way I see it, is ripped is just using somebody else work and stating it's your own. What we have done is not perfect, I agree, but we have taken the base, improved, adapted, changed it so much, you could actually call it scratch made, just my 10 pence

Shaun
And do the fine people at sms now about your "taking" of their content which is the result of hard work?

but we have taken the base, improved, adapted, changed it so much, you could actually call it scratch made
If you have a modeller who is seemingly willing to "improve, adapt and change it" by "so much", why not just make it from scratch?

Much better than calling something scratch made when its not.

Seems pretty backwards to me, go to all the effort to improve a model that in the end you can never truly call your own.

Fine people at SMS...that's a quote I love. The Fine people at SMS have the official license from Ginetta and they have made just a crap job of their amazing cars, seriously they have.

They don't look, handle, resemble anything like the "real" thing, so yes the "fine" people at SMS done a grand job LOL

If you have a modeller who is seemingly willing to "improve, adapt and change it" by "so much", why not just make it from scratch?

Much better than calling something scratch made when its not.

Seems pretty backwards to me, go to all the effort to improve a model that in the end you can never truly call your own.

And I never called it my own, I have been upfront from day one, it's the shell and that's it, but hay hoy, each to their own I guess

Fine people at SMS...that's a quote I love. The Fine people at SMS have the official license from Ginetta and they have made just a crap job of their amazing cars, seriously they have.

They don't look, handle, resemble anything like the "real" thing, so yes the "fine" people at SMS done a grand job LOL
Not really sure what that has to do with anything.
Their competency (or lack of) is completely irrelevant, and absolutely cannot be used as justification for stealing their assets, which they rightly paid for the license to use.

I assume you're of british origin right? Then english must be your native language. Then can you please explain a foreigner like me, where i praised their work? Their handling? Their job?

Please, i'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge of english.

Anyway, what I'm interested in is why is this even shown here on RD?
You know you can't release it here, so whats the point in posting WIP pics? Keep that to the FB groups or wherever you plan on releasing it. Doesn't make much sense teasing something that will never be released here.

Also
And I never called it my own, I have been upfront from day one, it's the shell and that's it, but hay hoy, each to their own I guess
If your idea of being "upfront from day one" is teasing a WIP pic with zero explanation, then sure.

unknown.png

My idea of being upfront would be to explain the origins of the model from the get go.

but hay hoy, each to their own I guess

Last edited:
Like I said this is very early days, but I have always wanted to deliver a Formula Ford Class car, and now we are working on it.
Shaun

Not to interrupt the argument already in progress, I came across this thread by accident.

A Formula Ford? The little tube chassis, fibreglas and pushrod Ford 1600 bugger? Far out! Sign me up!

I always wanted to try one of these. Check this article (Here) from Road & Track.

Assetto Corsa NEEDS some FF's!

Formula Ford.jpg

OK ... everybody back to the argument, already in progress. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not to interrupt the argument already in progress, I came across this thread by accident.

A Formula Ford? The little tube chassis, fibreglas and pushrod Ford 1600 bugger? Far out! Sign me up!

I always wanted to try one of these. Check this article (Here) from Road & Track

View attachment 264452

OK ... everybody back to the argument, already in progress. :thumbsup:
Check out @Stereo's Formula Ford, can't find a thread for it but it looks awesome (scratch made - imagine that!) and is more or less guaranteed quality.

Found a pic from a google search

preview-jpg.180652

Check out @Stereo's Formula Ford, can't find a thread for it but it looks awesome (scratch made - imagine that!) and is more or less guaranteed quality.

Found a pic from a google search

preview-jpg.180652
He used to share a lot of wip pics of that glory about last yea in the "what are you working on" thread. Shame we no longer hear of it.

I've asked about FF's in other places and always been refereed to one or the other vintage Lotus open wheelers. Although FF may have its roots in them ... they are but a shadow of the car in your illustration ... in ti(y)res alone!

I've always thought that a FF would make a good training car for a nube ... well maybe a bit more advanced than a total nube ... but you know what I'm talking about. Also something with the full kit of adjustments. Learning to do setups on this open wheeler should be pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes