Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly seems so...Went and found the model so I could properly check.
Screenshot 2018-07-08 10.28.32.png

Mirror, windshield banner, exhaust pipe behind the front wheels (which along with the brakes are the only things that don't seem to be from PCARS), front mesh, front badge, front tow hook, door handle, etc.

And..........so what?

Why is it others rip and do what they want ( I didn't actually rip this) and nobody says a damn word, not even a sniff or raised eyebrow. It got sent to me, and didn't know anything about it, basically the message said, "physics over to you" LOL

Look at the BTCC mod for example, all I "still" get asked is your going to update it, this was ripped from all over the shop.......

Yes I cannot share on here I know the rules, if it is a rip, still don't know for sure. (this is not me sitting on the fence here, I am being honest)

It might be Pcars rip (I don't know for sure) but I will be my damnest honest, the physics will be 1000% times better. I already have a meeting with a team on Wednesday @ Snetterton :thumbsup:

Its a low powered British made car, and you all know where my passion lies :)

Shaun

Shamelessly using a rip model...
Who doesn't, and not shamelessly, I have no shame in this at all. Its a car very very close to my heart so why would I not work on it? Before you ask, get somebody to make one, I have tried and tried for years now, I was fortunate with the Ginetta G55, very fortunate.

So the 3d model "might" not be scratch made, but that is what 20% of the car in honesty, the rest will come from me, so if you look at percentages :)

Shaun

"And so what", what?

You don't mind using a model from someone else, claiming it's made by you and your team? Sure you admit that it's a rip after you've been caught, but that doesn't really change much.

"And so what", what?

You don't mind using a model from someone else, claiming it's made by you and your team? Sure you admit that it's a rip after you've been caught, but that doesn't really change much.

1) Where did I state it's made by me and my team? please let me know.......
2) I haven't been caught doing anything, as read number one.

All I said in my original post was, I will leave this here and walk away, that's it

Shaun

RD is literally the only place where i still follow because it's still the only place left that has strict anti-rip policies.

Just saying.
No worries at all, and I agree to a certain extent. But, like said above from other people, still waiting for confirmation it's ripped as I don't know. Yes there is a lot of similarities, hell I don't know, I don't own any Pcars versions, but there would be similarities, would there not be as the car is the car, it's as it is, although @mclarenf1papa already pick up on differences, so there is differences there.

Don't shoot the messenger before the messenger gets the message :)

Shaun

No worries at all, and I agree to a certain extent. But, like said above from other people, still waiting for confirmation it's ripped as I don't know. Yes there is a lot of similarities, hell I don't know, I don't own any Pcars versions, but there would be similarities, would there not be as the car is the car, it's as it is, although @mclarenf1papa already pick up on differences, so there is differences there.

Don't shoot the messenger before the messenger gets the message :)

Shaun
A car is a car, but historically I've been pretty accurate with these things...

If it's not ripped from PCARS, it's clearly directly copied from it. The only differences I see (at all) are the wheels/brakes and that the door frame looks a bit lower poly. But in any case, many parts of that model have "features" from the PCARS model that aren't present in real life. If yiu post the wire frames, it'll be very easy to tell if it's a direct rip.

"And so what", what?

Don't you think it is a bit disrespectful, to tell such things which Shaun never said!? He never claimed it's his Model or that it is Scratch Made. It's always easy to hop on the Train and bash someone, without any information or knowledge. All he did was posting a Picture of a Car...

Don't you think it is a bit disrespectful, to tell such things which Shaun never said!? He never claimed it's his Model or that it is Scratch Made. It's always easy to hop on the Train and bash someone, without any information or knowledge. All he did was posting a Picture of a Car...
Simply said, for years he has been a "good guy" with legit mods, so now posting that screen (and car) just seems like he tried to "plant" a rip. If he had posted that pic with a line indicating the origin it would have been better (I did that when i posted a video of a car with ripped origin (and it remains on my HDD only))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes