Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack

Cars Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack 3.11

Login or Register an account to download this content
=LM=908GTS updated Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack with a new update entry:

Updates about lod files, small 3d fixes and many little improvements.

After feedbacks from users, I put some useful updates. There will be no more update in the upcoming weeks.

Important note : for a clean install, you shoud delete old lod files on street legal, DTM and Group A versions.

What's in this update ?

- Lod files for all cars
- New engine on DTM and Group A (more smoother).
- Power diff at 60% in basic setup for the DTM version
- Delete and fix some objects on Drift and Rally interior.
- Wipers animation on street legal version
- Fix tachometer...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the updates the cars are great!

Question: I used to have a lot of skins for the Group A from ATCC and other but I lost them in this update and can't find them anyone have a link or will be making new ones? Thanks!

Thanks for the updates the cars are great!

Question: I used to have a lot of skins for the Group A from ATCC and other but I lost them in this update and can't find them anyone have a link or will be making new ones? Thanks!
I have repacked all skins and put them on RD (ATCC skins included) :

Unfortunately the windscreen issue is still persisting (the smearing with activated TAA).
Sorry about it but I cannot do anything for solving that as I hope the issue is coming from CSP and not from the mod himself. (And I'm not an expert to solve this bug, maybe something to do in the 3D model).

If someone has the solution, it could be great to teach me.

I'm not using Extra-FX option. It's not enabled when you install CSP and I think there's a reason why (bugs from a computer configuration to another).
You are the only one that report this issue (maybe only few people are running Extra Fx options).

Looks like there is a problem at least with the Group. A version, maybe with the collision box. On LA Canyons, at the start of the tunnel, it's like hitting a wall.

It happened to a friend tonight who was testing this car on my server.

I'm at work all weekend so I can't do a thorough test. If someone could confirm this issue?

Looks like there is a problem at least with the Group. A version, maybe with the collision box. On LA Canyons, at the start of the tunnel, it's like hitting a wall.

It happened to a friend tonight who was testing this car on my server.

I'm at work all weekend so I can't do a thorough test. If someone could confirm this issue?
It's not coming from the car but it's an issue from LAC. Maybe, he has an incomplete version of LAC.

Last edited:
I have made a test on Brandhatch, no AI came back to pit. Checking the data folder, there was the "ideal_line.ai" file.

I go to Donington Park, Some opponents were pitting after one lap (on a 4 laps race), I check the data file, no "ideal_line.ai" file, I create one and the issue was solved.
I found the solution for this problem. In car data folder must be fuel_cons file. If this file is absent the cars can go random pitstop on some standard AC tracks, not only mods.

That file is how the AI knows how many km it can go per liter of fuel. If you don't run a practice session for the AI to figure it out on their own, they use that, so if it's not accurate you'll run into this problem.

Frankly it's a garbage system as cars don't use a fixed amount of fuel per km, it varies from track to track as some are faster than others and unless you're conservative with your numbers nearly to the point of uselessness there's always a risk of one outlier track still breaking it.

But it's the system we've got. :p

Rally, DTM and GrA updates

All cars now have a fuel_cons file for fuel consumption (to avoid AI pitting after few laps with no reason).

Steering angle has been corrected on Rally, DTM and GrA version.

DTM and GrA have new bumpers and new basic setup (understeer and oversteer are more predictable, better feeling of the grip).

I hope you enjoy !

I'm always after a sound modder to built new sounds for the pack.

Rally, DTM and GrA updates

All cars now have a fuel_cons file for fuel consumption (to avoid AI pitting after few laps with no reason).

Steering angle has been corrected on Rally, DTM and GrA version.

DTM and GrA have new bumpers and new basic setup (understeer and oversteer are more predictable, better feeling of the grip).

I hope you enjoy !

I'm always after a sound modder to built new sounds for the pack.

@=LM=908GTS Coming from the review. Found that the dtm version was always in front when I was racing with AI so I tested it in qualy with the ai . The ford was 3-4 seconds faster for the ai and 2 seconds faster for me. No idea why

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%