Feldbergring

Tracks Feldbergring 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great track, great work . I did a little 'wow' to myself on my first run through the village, not just for the graphical excellence but the composition too, everything looks right, feels right, makes it very immersive - of course, then I crashed into the wall at the bottom of the hill but that's just my terrible driving. Love the country sections too, especially that long, flowing, high-speed bit just before you get to the start-finish line. Thanks for a really great track and the many hours of fun I reckon I'll get from it.

lol
AjWyr1C.gif

#detail

Dang, I still have to spot that campfire on track...:redface:
Its amazing to look back at what Feldbergring look like in July of 2017. You can really appreciate how much work went into this track. Amazing!

That's the same state that Schottenring is currently at, too :)

I have a decision to make now. Once the amends are done to FBR, I need to decide between Deutschlandring, Schottenring, Greenwood Roadway, Schleizer Dreieck and Battenbergring :unsure:

That's the same state that Schottenring is currently at, too :)

I have a decision to make now. Once the amends are done to FBR, I need to decide between Deutschlandring, Schottenring, Greenwood Roadway, Schleizer Dreieck and Battenbergring :unsure:
I vote for Deutschlandring. The alpha version already drives great, has a challenging layout and is already known to some of us. This as a finished version would be awesome. :thumbsup::)

I find it remarkable no one even mentioned the finishing line being in the braking zone of t1!
This curiosity gives me the utmost joy! Where to brake to not ruin your lap time but still survive that kink is one outstanding aspect of this track.
Thanks for this, I know it’s a well thought of decision David. A blast!

Last edited:
I find it remarkable no one even mentioned the finishing line being in the braking zone of t1!
This curiosity gives me the utmost joy! Where to brake to not ruin your lap time but still survive that kink is one outstanding aspect of this track.
Thanks for this, I know well thought of decision David. A blast!
I was against it and still am in a way. It was moved back some from previous builds but you still need to brake in many cars. But it is how it was apparently.

First thing I noticed was the smoke from the chimneys, nice touch! After a few laps last night I am most impressed with the tarmac, it looks beautiful both on board and from the tv cams. Lovely track, this is paradise for all vintage cars! I tried the Lotus 25, Ferrari 312/67 and Ferrari 250 GTO, all three are addictive here, and they really belong here! A truly remarkable addition to the vintage side of AC. Thank you!

I'm amazed at the attention to detail this track received! I'm having a blast racing the Formula Junior car around this track (I'm still kinda scared of even trying with the Maserati 250F :D). I didn't notice anything out of normal during the few laps I did, and the performance is great, so all I have to say is Thank You!

Great track, great work . I did a little 'wow' to myself on my first run through the village, not just for the graphical excellence but the composition too, everything looks right, feels right, makes it very immersive - of course, then I crashed into the wall at the bottom of the hill but that's just my terrible driving. Love the country sections too, especially that long, flowing, high-speed bit just before you get to the start-finish line. Thanks for a really great track and the many hours of fun I reckon I'll get from it.
For me, there are three sections that I focus on. The Start Line to Biergarten. Biergarten to Sandplacken (the hay barrels) and Sandplacken to the Finish Line. That last section is so much fun...you've survived the twisties and elevation changes and now it's a mad dash to the Finish Line. It's all about speed in Sec. 3 baby! :D :cool:

Thanks for this, I know it’s a well thought of decision David. A blast!
Oh, we spoke about it before the official release. It used to be even closer to Turn 1!! :laugh: You wanna talk about nerve-wracking?! :confused: The quick left-right at the top of the Start/Finish Line hill - just before the Pits... To me, that's such a great corner. You are coming into it carrying a ton of speed...I can't even remember how many times I went flying off the track to the left. :laugh:

For me, there are three sections that I focus on. The Start Line to Biergarten. Biergarten to Sandplacken (the hay barrels) and Sandplacken to the Finish Line. That last section is so much fun...you've survived the twisties and elevation changes and now it's a mad dash to the Finish Line. It's all about speed in Sec. 3 baby! :D :cool:

It's funny you should mention those 3 places, because if you click "Time Attack!" in CM/Launcher... ;)

And yes, the start line was 30m further down the hill, right up until the morning I released it. Lilski mentioned that he thought it was wrong, but if that's how the track used to be then so be it. This got me worrying so I searched through all my maps and photos and was convinced that I had it in the right place, and then I found an article on-line that mentioned the Start/Finish line was at an hotel called Haus Brenner. The hotel has gone but I found some old photos and its location tied in with a side road on the topo map I had been working off. This was 30m further back up the hill, right in line with the pit exit. I moved it, did a quick test, was happy with the new location and left it there.

So, thank you Lilski for giving me a near heart attack on release day :O_o: :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.