Feldbergring

Tracks Feldbergring 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I did try this last year on my Thomson Road track:

I thought about adding them to FBR too, but was wary of it looking like a gimmick (a conversation Lilski and I had at the time kept popping into my head). Maybe it could be worth looking at again though :)
Wow that looks great, personally I think it would suit the track just nice these things add so much to the appeal and immersion, I wouldnt go crazy with it but that looks perfect what you have there in the video,
be nice with some vintage painting on the balloons also that would look amazing as well some 1930,s designs, I like stuff like that will take a look :D:D

Wow yeah this would be a good idea paint the balloons with the track logos maybe that would look awesome :D
c414x250q85.jpg

Looking here you would have to paint it in 3D,
but what I would do is extract the balloon and duplicate it and detach some mesh where the logos want placing and flatten it and add the mesh back to the balloons, also be good for other projects as well, change design and add the logos and stuff which do not interfere with anything, only an idea anyways :)
e5ea1be6f965ddea2076aae60374c44e.png

Super cool track, just a couple small things...

1) the VW vans don't show up in mirrors, they are probably vampires
2) it's bad enough in the (~220hp/ton) very slow FF, how can you even race on this with how tight everything is

1) the VW vans don't show up in mirrors
2) it's bad enough in the (~220hp/ton) very slow FF, how can you even race on this with how tight everything is
Start 1st and hope you dont crash :p

I never noticed the VWs don't show in the mirrors! :confused: How is that possible? I will take a look at that today, too (the list is growing... :O_o:)

I bet your FF is great fun to race round here :inlove:

Thanks for that, I'll recheck the UV mapping on those overlays again. They use a simple texture and the leaves are 2 rows of polys high with the UV mapping mirrored around the centre top-to-bottom.

WEKIiBw.jpg

1. I have to adjust the mapping at the start and end to 'fade in' and 'fade out' the leaves. I must have messed up the mapping on the ones you mentioned :rolleyes:
The problem is at the center, when both side meet. You have to select only one side, and flip it over, so will be like mirrored. But I am sure you know how to deal with it :)
2. And to get some even better performance, you can use LODs in ksEditor (on all buildings and stuff around the track, maybe even trees, if over hills).

Reactions: CC
I want to say "Thank You" for your work. Its nice to have such people in the community to bring us such a great content, even there a some parasitic people who complaining about everything, but don't give something back. They get a Ferrari as a present and whining about the color of the seats.

You are my Hero!!!

I want to say "Thank You" for your work. Its nice to have such people in the community to bring us such a great content, even there a some parasitic people who complaining about everything, but don't give something back. They get a Ferrari as a present and whining about the color of the seats.

You are my Hero!!!

Thanks Peter, and thanks for your kind review. The great thing about modding is that together, we become greater than the sum of our parts. Some people make amazing cars, that can be used on amazing tracks, that are improved with amazing environmental mods... On their own, each of these projects are good, but when combined together sometimes we get magic :inlove:

1) something with world detail or maybe some transparency thing? Are all cars on the same shader or is the VW unique? I really love the T1 btw, such a simple mesh but very well made :thumbsup:

2) I ran a 10 lap race with one of my typical VLN type grids, me in a Huracan ST... its hectic driving but with surprisingly good overtaking opportunities, also used by the AI. Coming out of that hairpin in a three wide dragrace with the Audi TT-RS and some GT3, with the lapped bumbling Kissling Manta coming closer at an alarming rate makes for great racing.
I will probably redo the AI border tho, as they are IMO a little to close to the fences and boardwalks in some places, unsettling the cars

Wonderful wonderful work!
I don't quite get that criticism about trees. I'm usually really picky about environment, especially trees placement, and all that is looking good here.
The layout is pure gold and that cobble stone feels so good.

Great work, as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Amazing track. One of the best I've seen. Many thanks for it.
Can't wait for the Schottenring you're doing now. I know the track from GPL and rFactor 1 by Neel Jani. Loved it. One of my favorites. Hope it comes out soon!
Get in line, I wait for Großdeutschlandring for some time now. ;)
But no haste, David. I know good things take time.
:)

Thank you very much! :confused: Seeing other people try this track and like it too... I think I underestimated how many people like old stuff :D I might be kept busy for many months to come...

Thank you very much! :confused: Seeing other people try this track and like it too... I think I underestimated how many people like old stuff :D I might be kept busy for many months to come...

Did you (or anybody else) ever thought about placing a 1950s German train somewhere around a track map? That would be a serious boost for immersion(*).

(*) coming up with a realistic excuse for car track and train track being close of course

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back