AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass final round@Fonteny, Wed 27th December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Speaking about being motivated, I couldn't find any time to practice in the last couple of weeks, due to work constraints and the family being reunited for the Christmas period (not to talk about how much we ate and drank..)
I don't want to lose the race but I don't think I will be able to compete with whoever did practice, I didn't even tried Fonteny before.. so I'll join the server and try not to do too much damage, and cruise along the beautiful scenery (hopefully not getting lapped given the length of the circuit :p)
Then, given the end of the Agile Championship and the Fat Alfie one, I shall go back to regular multiclass on relatively short circuits that will allow me to memorize them with less difficulty (I'm more towards the 50s than the 40s, after all! :roflmao:)

I'm a few years older than Allan too. I wonder what difference age actually makes.?

I obviously affects reaction time and the body is less willing - but there are some quite quick oldies amongst us :)

I guess with rising age comes a lot of ‘ease of mind’ - ‘been there, done that’ and ‘no worries mate’, and being able to put things in the right perspective. At age of 51, I’m trying to get to that level, but not even close yet :geek:. May be the ‘trying to get’-part in my last sentence is part of the maturing process :cool:. In racing it is for sure, I try too hard to stay calm, which in itself says enough…

Last edited:
On this happy note I´m thrilled to announce that I was called into work for tonight and will miss practice for shure, qualy probably and the race possibly.

I´m so happy right now I could puke a full circle :sick:

(As I´m also "an older Gentleman I spend quite some time memorizing Fonteny and finally today made my way under the 1.XX.691 mark)

So should I slide in in the last second don´t mind my manners, I´ll be royally pissed.

And if I shouldn´t make it have fun and :

Mahindra Dont do.png

Last edited:
You poor bugger,

you must be almost dead by now :roflmao:.

By your assessment most of your rivals must smell quite badly even before entering the race as a lot of the guys where born in the Sixties :O_o:

Eh eh.. an answer to you and to everyone else: it was just a joke about my difficult in memorizing a new track, corners, braking points etc. I didn't want to offend anyone and I am perfectly conscious that many here are older than me yet getting much better results (so probably my comment was a consequence of my envy :cautious::notworthy:)

Sorry, Kimi/Han for lap 1 incident, you both approached me so fast before the kink, I got confused as it seemed one goes inside and the other outside and I lifted but that made it worse.
Later had a fight with Richard, he went on the grass a little bit I tried it on the inside and got through but was off line for the next corner, my fault, went off into the woods and just had enough.
Congrats Allan. Miserable ending of the championship, just didn't train enough for this one, but at least had some good races.

cu

A strange race for me today. First of all, was day-night turned off today? Did I miss something? It was just daylight for me. This creates a bad conscience. The race went well throughout until the pit stop. I only steered into the box when the barrier came up. This probably gave me an advantage over Ernie, who was just behind me. This creates a terrible conscience. Ten minutes to think about it on the last lap. Just when I came to the conclusion that I was about to give up my position on the home stretch, fate made this decision easier for me by crashing my car into the bushes.

Great championship! Thank you Han for the organization and congratulations to the winners and all participants. :thumbsup:

No lengthy post race review this time (for now at least). As the last race of the championship has come to a conclusion I just wanted to say thanks.

First of all, thanks to everyone who took part! Seeing so many stacked grids at these tricky circuits was amazing. I think it was Hank who said a few weeks ago that these races tell a lot of different stories and I couldn't agree more. Reading the post race reviews from you guys and viewing the replays from other people's perspective gave this championship another dimension.

@HF2000, as always thank you for organizing this championship and putting up with our collective whining and moaning. I'm looking forward to what you have in store for next year!

Thanks to @Boukâh, @gearwhine, @stigs2cousin, @HF2000 and all others with whom I had the great pleasure of battling with. Now I do enjoy just lapping these tracks by myself since they're so mesmerizing, but having a good fight with someone who is about the same level really makes all the hard work worth it.

Thank you @Allan Ramsbottom, @Alfred Wayne and @eN1xes for all the setup tips and showing me what the actual racing line looks like! For sure I would've ended up somewhere in the bushes if it wasn't for you guys.

Now I can't forget the man who made all of this possible for me... @pcmoreno, thank you for inviting me all the way back in August for the rookie race at Leguna Seca! It reinvigorated my love for sim racing and I got to know a few lovely chaps along the way. Hope to see you more regularly on the Wednesdays in 2024!

And last, but certainly not least, a very special thank you to @Fat-Alfie! None of this would've been possible without the many, many hours, hard work and love you must've put into creating these tracks. After many hours of lapping your circuits I still find new details every time I complete another circle. Hope to have you in this community for a long time still.

Well... I guess that was it for this year. It was great spending these hours with you guys, sharing this crazy hobby of pretending to be race car drivers. I couldn't think of any other people I would rather be doing this with. Now go... GO! Before I have to shed a tear. :p

Last edited:
Allright, that was an intense experience here... Did quite some laps in practice and managed to get to a decent pace early in the week. Then I did a couple of AI-races to get used to racing on this track with 20 cars around me. Start last, kill nobody and when the entire field was collected, wait in the pit for all and try again. Just to get a safe feel with cars around me. It worked. With the AI... they are predictable...

I did a nice PB in practice, couldn't get near Allan's mega pace offcourse. But I was quite happy with mine as well, was on a pretty close to Allan lap later on (when Omar let me fly by in a great way at a perfect place, thanks Omar!). Was still getting big green numbers, half a sec on Allan's time, but killed my lap on the first carousel. Bummer.

Qualy was okay, put in a safe banker lap first and then had one more to sharpen it. It went semi-smooth to some point. but not as sharp as in practice. Still happy with P2 though, first non-reversed grid front row :cool: . Heart rate quite high at the start, haha :geek:

The race... got off the line a little too slow, but got through T1 fairly decent, Hank had past me and Jason on my tail. Scary shizzle for someone not used to being in that position. Jason caught me and later he caught Hank so I was on Hank's tail. I did my friggin' best not to kill him when I got close in the corners. Trying to react to the Abarth's earlier braking points. And during trying not to kill him, I killed myself not focussing on my own lines going up the first hill in lap two... bummer. Could get back on track just in front of Rico so he could watch my next mistakes from first row... Chasing Richard now. Again I had more pace at certain points and was even able to overtake after the le mans straight, felt great. But keeping it going without the little mistakes turned out to be pretty hard later on. Richard on my tail again and closing in, passing (somewhat) on the chicane up the hill, we touched, but luckily Richard could keep it going. Sorry Richard!! (I haven't seen the replay yet). Unfortunately in my spin I took out Rico, sorry man, couldn't go anywhere. [Edit after watching the replay: In that uphill chicane I found a quick line during practice, so closed in rapidly, I touched Richard just enough from rear right to get his car out of balance and sending him into a spin, sorry mate! Then I slowed dpwn/waited for him to get underway again and when I was trying to get back up to speed again, Rico went past and we had a little paint scraper, again just enough for him to get the car out of balance and spin into the grass and I had to wait again. Sorry man, I guess it was just an unlucky situation.] Waited for Rico to get going again and we were on a rubber band for the rest of the lap, I had some quicker pace at some points, but Rico had/has the way more important steadyness to make way less mistakes. We pitted same time, but he gained a few secs in the pit.

Then, in the chase, I hit the bridge in carousel two... couldn't get out after trying too long and I had to eject with the rescue button. Dimnat! End of race offcourse, but followed Steve who just pitted with Rico (hi mate!) flying by on the straight. Somewhere up the road let him by because of the blue flag. So, Rico's tail again, but now not racing him, just staying close, watching him reel in Steve, great to see them going head to head and trading positions, nice racing there guys! Unfortunately, Steve had close encounters with the same bridge at carousel two... hard to get out of there.

For the last lap, decided to make a gap between Rico and myself and go for a decent laptime. Worked quite well, but not as quick as I wanted. Ah well...

I had a lot of fun the last week on this track with the Mazda. Feels great to hit them corners at high speed over there. Pretty intense! But racing real people in a real race still is a different game for me. It's a mental thing I guess. Working on it, but it's so friggin hard to slow myself down. Pace is allright, working on safety quite hard, but it's harder than the pace actually :cool:

Thanks Han, great championship on marvelous @Fat-Alfie tracks, beauties to race these! Thanks guys for nice racing and congratz to the podium people, great job to keep it going safe and with pace. Still learning from that.

Bouke

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes