Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Frank Herfjord

It looks fantastic. But the triple monitor stand order pages says it is only compatible with Dell 2408wfp. Are there no other alternatives? Because 2408wfp has just made a big price jump.

Upvote 0
  • Mankster

Motion platform?? Whats this??

2407WFP is the same chassis so will work. If you can manage a bit of DIY you could probably fashion an adaptor plate to fit your existing monitors.

Upvote 0
agreed, if there was a product for around £150 with the wheel, shifter paddles and peddles it would have decent target market especially if it worked with 360, pc and ps3, I know I would order one straight away.

Upvote 0
  • Wolfox

agreed, if there was a product for around £150 with the wheel, shifter paddles and peddles it would have decent target market especially if it worked with 360, pc and ps3, I know I would order one straight away.

Like the MS wheel with:Bearings,a bit more °,Usb cable(Wireless its not stable),a ffb like the "sidewinder"(50€ MS PC wheel),brake pedal stiffer and why not a analogic stick on the steering(look around).

Upvote 0
I would have been very tempted to go for a wheel that is compatible with all 3 systems, or even just 360/PC, but cannot justify the cost for your current offering to replace my existing Microsoft 360 wheel.

from the fanatec website:
(http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=250&lang=en)

Full Features Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel:
Compatible with Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 (all games which support
Force Feedback wheels)

im not sure, how this compatibility is achieved, but im hoping at least PC support is good enough for rFactor :)
thomas - could you tell us something about this compatibility?

thxs

Upvote 0
Slightly offtopic but if my wheel every breaks and the Euro gets really weak to the £ then i will definitely be buying one of these GT3 RS wheels

It is weak now 1,13€ = 1GBP, it was 1 = 1 not so far ago (... okok, a year back it was 1,40 € = 1 GBP, but I am not sure how soon you will get that :D):focus:

Upvote 0
Fanatec Porsche Carrera budget wheel set? Nobodies tried them?

These pedals were due to be out in May, but I don't see them for sale or even pre-order on the Fanatec website. It looks like an AWESOME buy at the supposed $130. You get a very decent looking wheel with 900 degree rotation, 3 pedal set, and a separate sequential shifter and 6+1 shifter.

I guess they're not for sale yet, but maybe someone has some info on when they're out.

Link:
http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=280&lang=en

Upvote 0
Yeah they were postponed because they wanted to go for the GT3 RS first, as that one was postponed as well. And now the 911 Turbo S is more important.

All because several people already bought those wheels and they have to wait, and the Carrera has no real waiting customers who already paid for it

Upvote 0
Just taken delivery of my GT3RS and clubsport pedals.

Fitted the Wheel into my visionracer setup but not put the pedals in place yet.

I've installed the latest version of the Driver from your web site.

However. it does not appear to have any plugins for other games etc.
In the driver propoerties there is an option to select how the LED display functions within games but when I select rfactor for example it simply tells me in a pop up box "kindly install rfactor first" !! What does that mean ?rfactors already installed!

It's a very different feel to my G25.. I need to spend more time with it, the force feedback is much more subtle in places.

However, There is NO downloadable content anywhere other than the fanatec blog page. the small piece of paper that arrives says download the driver.. but there is no driver to download from where your directed..
there is no manual to explain how to use the buttons to configure the wheel settings etc. The quick guide refers to template for hard fixing it to a rig.. am I missing something or was that missing from the box as well.

Also it talks about the power switch on the side of the Wheel! if it's a switch I cant get it to move in any way..

Hopefully these can be fixed quickly.

It's a pain to pay for something then wait months for it, and then feel like your beta testing it still!

Any thoughts on how and when these could be resolved?

EDIT:

Just got these hooked up finally with the clubsport pedals, performed the mods as set out in the video and replaced the lub.. big difference.. Now the wheel and pedals are brilliant, can we please have an rfactor plugin for vista 64.

thanks.

GSL

Thanks

GSL

Upvote 0
Some questions around the clubsport pedals?

There doesn't appear to be a manual for the pedals included with the pedals or downloadable.

What does the the potentiomenter do?
What's the spacers springs etc included with it for.
What's the recommendations for attaching the pedals.. Directly to the PC via usb or via the GT3 Wheel to the PC, and what would the advantage be?

What about PS3 connections.. (assume they need to be connected to the wheel) But is this the best way for the PC also or should you connect them to seperate USB controllers?

Also there appears to be some stiction on the brake pedal will this cause an issue?
There appears to be a thin oil coating on these components is this normal ( appears to get worse as you depress the brake pedal)?

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

GSL

Upvote 0

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 105 70.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 38 25.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 29 19.6%