Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you attach the G25 pedals to this wheel?

on the Install guide.. under connection Wheel - Pedals it states.

"In order to connect the pedals of the logitech G25 or Microsoft wireless wheel for xbox 360 please use the provided adapter cable."

Where is this cable.. did anyone else get a cable?

thanks again

GSL

Upvote 0
  • Mankster

Questions about my new Wheel

I got my GT3RS Wheel Clubsport package and have got it working under Vista x64 using th2 91beta drivers.

Just a few quick questions...

1) Is the power button supposed to work? Mine seems permanently switch in.
2) The wheel has 900 degrees totation, but when you set it to say 360 degrees rotation in driver and test, the wheel still pysically past turns past 360 degrees. Is this correct or is the FFB motor supposed to stop it?
3) Do the fan work all the time or only when the unit get hot? My fans haven't come on yet, but I have unly been using it for 10 min in one stretch
4)In the wheel configration software ther is a tick box option called 'combined pedals' - what does this option do?

Many thanks

Upvote 0
I can help with one mate:

4)In the wheel configration software ther is a tick box option called 'combined pedals' - what does this option do?

... uncheck this option.
It puts the brake and accelerator pedals on one axis rather than two. Would suggest selecting it only if you encounter problems with older games.

EDIT: If you are trying to get your head around what it does, think of a PS2 or 360 game pad. If you select this option, its like having the brake and accelerator on one thumb controller, meaning you can only either accelerate OR brake.
By deselecting this checkbox you can depress the brake whilst still maintaining or blipping the throttle as they are now on separate axis, just like in a real car.

Upvote 0
I got my GT3RS Wheel Clubsport package and have got it working under Vista x64 using th2 91beta drivers.

Just a few quick questions...

1) Is the power button supposed to work? Mine seems permanently switch in.

Mine too is like this... canot say if it's supposed to be like this the documentations poor.

3) Do the fan work all the time or only when the unit get hot? My fans haven't come on yet, but I have unly been using it for 10 min in one stretch

I don't normally hear any fans but there was a high pitched noise after I'd been driving for some time. this eventually went away.. it could I supose have been a fan.

Ohh where did you get the 91 version driver from for vista 64?

Thanks

GSL

Upvote 0

I don't normally hear any fans but there was a high pitched noise after I'd been driving for some time. this eventually went away.. it could I supose have been a fan.

GSL

Yup it's the cooling fan :) ( i think anyway :p )

Upvote 0
Its a nice review, just what I wanted to hear

Looking forward to getting hold of mine, I think in batch 2 so june-ish fingers crossed.

The pedals is what I'm looking forward to most, load cell brake :)

Thanks D

Upvote 0
  • Mankster

Ok I sorted out point 2) It works fine, the force feedback motor stops the wheel at the defined stops that you set.

Upvote 0
Fanatec / rennsport wheel stand?

Anyone have one ?
I have a g25 but because I work from home I cant have it fitted to the desk all the time. As such end up playing with a pad rather than being bothered setting the wheel up everytime.

So I was thinking of getting one of these but wanted to know if they were any good. Also I have only seen them used from a sofa, so im not sure if it can be set high enough. My chair goes reasonably low so I hope it wont be a problem.

Upvote 0
Mankster Thanks..

Just this question left.. on the pedals..

"What's the recommendations for attaching the pedals.. Directly to the PC via usb or via the GT3 Wheel to the PC, and what would the advantage be?"

Do I get higher resolution on a seperate USB.. less current draw in the wheel?

any technical or resolution benefit..

Cheers
GSL

Upvote 0
  • Mankster

I have tried both ways, they both work fine and I cant ell the differance. Fanatec recommend plugging the pedal straight into the PC to improve resolution, so thats the way I have stuck with.

Upvote 0
hmm... I know the feeling.
I use my g25 pedals by having the G25wheel plugged in, you need extra space for it:wink2:
Then the SIM-BIM games handles both wheels, but I only map what I use.

LOL I think a G25 is a pretty big adaptor :)

Now you can attach them standalone USB using an adptor made by Leo Bodnar. and doing this gives you a higher resolution on the pedals.

But your supposed to be able to attach them to the fanatec Wheel.

I guess well have to wait and see perhaps it's a holiday or something...:rotfl:

Upvote 0
ClubSport Pedals deadzone issue

Is anyone else experiencing what I can only decribe as 'brake pedal deadzone' issues? Whether in game or in the Clubsport utility, I get no response from the first 10-20 degrees of pedal movement, this in stark contrast to the gas pedal which is lovely in modulation during the initial travel. I think, but do not know, that the movement is measured entirely by the potentionometer (sp?) which is pressed by the metal slug which is presssed by the foam slug. All I can think of is the foam soaks up too much of the inital travel so the sensor can't read it until you press harder. This is with the sensor turned up all the way to full sensitivity.

I'm looking for something firmer to replace the foam with, that would direct more pressure to the sensor, but not be fully hard. My first attempt did not fit in the tube, doh. If anyone knows a way to actually recalibrate the sensor or turn it up further, let me know.

Also,

I'm having no luck getting the wheel to function in NetKarPro 1.03(?). I can map the shifters and the pedals seem ok, but after the first turn to calibrate the wheel it seems to 'lock' in the virtual full right position within the ingame controller setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Z

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 5 33.3%