Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Theo Loonstra

Problems with my fanatec wheel

Hello,

I could use some support about the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo wheel.
It's the wheel that came out in 2008.
A friend of mine bought one of the first shipments I believe and there were some bugs in it.
He eventually got an offer to purchase a new wheel at a reduced price so he had 1 extra wheel.
This wheel has been send to me but I have some troubles with it.

Every now and then the wheel resets it self. All lights will turn on on the wheel (pc lights + ps lights) when it has done the reset my pc lights work again but as soon as I hit the throttle on the wheel it resets again.

This happens randomly so it's never sure if it happens during a pit exit or in the middle of a race so it makes my wheel very unreliable.

The wheel has had the firmware update so it is installed with the latest driver i think after june 2008.
I hope you can give me some help on this issue.

Regards,
Theo Loonstra

Upvote 0
  • max1492

Great-looking cockpit

Has anyone tried this cockpit yet? I'm currently looking for a sturdy cockpit and this one has my eye right now.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately no experience (yet :) )
Fanatec-RennSport-Cockpit-Almost-quot-Real-quot-Virtual-Racing-3.png

Upvote 0
That one is really looking awesome! :)

But i don't really like the price of the total package i need.
Cockpit 995.00EUR
Triple monitor stand 249.00EUR

And then you also need?? a G25 Shifter Adapter á 59.95EUR.

Total price: 1,303.95EUR

Don't get me wrong i really like the model, and style of it :D
Thumbs up for that.

Upvote 0
  • Night Owl

I totally agree with Mr. Hill as to the untapped potential for a competitor to come in with a higher quality alternative to the MS wheel at a reasonable price. A la carte on the 'Turbo S Pure' is a bit lame to me. Not really a savings, just getting less product. And HELLO, there is that not so small issue of the economy still in the ICU (intensive care unit). Better to cut some profit and move some product to expand both the brand and the install base than remain rigid and stay in the small numbers.

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

Well Porsche always stayed small and profitable until they earned enough money to simply buy the 3rd biggest car maker in the world.

But we are looking into that and if there is demand then we can react quickly

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

You can save your money for the G25 shifter adapter if you get a Porsche wheel with it.

I mean you do not want to drive a GT3 with 165/60 tyres, do you? ;)

Please consider that this is handmade in Germany. This is quality.

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

The first wheels had several issues. This is why we replaced those units for most customers.
I have no idea what is wriong with your wheel but it looks like a power supply issue. It does not look familiar to me so I cannot give you an advise.

Upvote 0
sounds good, but please can you clarify

my order (clubsport edition) was placed 4th Jan, in production lot 4, and I believe at the time said delivery 22.06.09 (as web site still says).
but production lot 1 is stated as shipping 23.03.09 (again on the website still)
so is that the 'lot' that is going to be delivered in June? i.e. 2 months late

and would other lots are delayed by 2 months?
(i.e. does that mean im having to wait till August 09 i.e. 8+ months since my order?)

and in fact the shop website still says that ordering today will ship on 23.07.09,

so im confused, is are all 4/5 batches going to just be delivered in Jun/July?
hardly seems 'on track' if thats not the case

thanks for the info

Upvote 0
But we are looking into that and if there is demand then we can react quickly

This is good news. Hopefully your experience with the current wheel that you are offering will open up doorways for other models in the future. Unfortunately, I just cannot justify the cash outlay for the current model you offer (even if I had the cash available), whereas I could probably justify something around the £100 mark without too much problems.

Also, where I see where you are coming from with the remark about Porsche, they made theri money through very shrewd financial dealings, rather than the car trade itself! Not quite a fair example, but I also understand that smaller companies have much less scope to reduce profit margins in the hope of making a new model more successful in the market. Either way, I will probably have to wait until you do consider there to be a market for a cheaper mass produced wheel that is both 360 and PC compatible (PS3 is only really a "Nice to have" as far as I am concerned!)

Upvote 0
You can save your money for the G25 shifter adapter if you get a Porsche wheel with it.

I mean you do not want to drive a GT3 with 165/60 tyres, do you? ;)
If that means i pay 50% less, I'll buy the wheels later :) (just kidding)

Please consider that this is handmade in Germany. This is quality.

Of course, that it is handmade and has its price is totally understandable, never the less its (to) much in my opinion. Because, you buy a cockpit and you don't even have a monitor stand with it, and if you choose single or triple it doesn't matter. Then, if you don't have or buy a Porsche-wheel I also need the G25 shifter adapter.

Still don't get me wrong :), still like the product. If it was 300 euro less, I would almost buy it immediately. :D

Maik.

ps: Is there a possibility to see the cockpit in real life?

Upvote 0
Looks great, but I think I'll be tempted to cut down a tree and make a cokpit all by myself :p

Looks superb, a little big for my liking, but certainly cheaper and prettier than the equivalents I've seen. Good job :)

Upvote 0
  • max1492

Yes, price is a little high, but my biggest concern is seat height. It looks like it's too high for the pedals even with the adjustment. Kind of like what I have now with my desk (office chair too high). If I the seat can lower quite a bit over what the photos show, then I'm interested.

Upvote 0
  • Wolfox

I dont understand way stop producing something that have more Users/Market (X360-ps3-PC):sarcastic:

Upvote 0
  • Mankster

I think what Fanatec are saying is after their production runs there should enough 360 wheels sold, presold or in stock for everyone who would want to buy one. In the case that there are no more available for sale but still a demand then they will build another compatible wheel.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back