Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Tom de Groot

The Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel

Hopefully compatible with RacePro

Copy form Atari forum

"Dear Forza fans,

The Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel will be presented by Microsoft with the game Forza Motorsport 3 at the E3.
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/new...r-Xbox-360.htm

This game is a milestone in the racing game genre and not just an update of FM2.

The development of the wheel has been delayed one more time so that we will ship your order at the end of September. Some betatester will get it before that date.

The good news is that we will give you the game FM3 for free as soon as it is available. So beside the discount you already got you are now getting a AAA full price game as well.

This offer is only valid if you already paid or pay until 5.6.2009.

Best regards

Thomas Jackermeier
CEO Endor AG "

Upvote 0
Do the oil change as per the video. it works wonders for the resolution of all the pedals.the potentiometer only lets you set the maximum pressure point, so for example as it was default my big feet locked up the wheels in the sim too early(just too little pressure to get to maximum values), by adjusting the potentiomenter I can have the breakpedal not at maximum until I am actually putting some pressure on the pedals. also remember to check the sim for it's dead zone settings.

good luck.

Maurice.

Upvote 0
strangly, they have sent the message again, only change is now offer is extended to 10.06.2009
----------------
"
Dear Forza fans,

The Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel will be presented by Microsoft with the game Forza Motorsport 3 at the E3.
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/The-Ultimate-Racing-Wheel-for-Xbox-360.htm

This game is a milestone in the racing game genre and not just an update of FM2.

The development of the wheel has been delayed one more time so that we will ship your order at the end of September. Some betatester will get it before that date.

The good news is that we will give you the game FM3 for free as soon as it is available. So beside the discount you already got you are now getting a AAA full price game as well.

This offer is only valid if you already paid or pay until June 10th 2009.

Best regards

Thomas Jackermeier
CEO Endor AG
"

Upvote 0
Thanks, I had seen the video.

I decided to try a diferent tack. Presuming that the extra 'give' of the foam slug was keeping the pressure sensor from reading lighter inputs, I decided to trim it down a bit. Figured a lil less cushion would get rid of the deadzone/slack I was experiencing with my set.
It worked.
Already had the different lube, and the longer metal spacer, original throw on the pedal. Before, I had a deadzone of around 15+% or so as shown in both the CS Pedal utility and GTREvo. Though others may prefer this, I found it difficult to gauge when the braking would actually begin/end which made trail braking rather odd. The gas pedal though was just amazing, perfect modulation from the first degree of movement, made it muuuch easier to catch subtle slides out of corners and drop a second or so.
So I cut about 1/3 of the foam slug off with a razor, allowing me to use the full size of both pieces if it had no effect.
Result: NO deadzone at all, just as with the gas pedal. Breathe on the brake and get a little, press harder and get progressively more until full stop. The only thing that feels different is the pressure is a little bit lighter due to the reduced cushion I suppose. But most importantly, in the CS utility, I registers each degree of movement from the first application of pressure. The throw is a little bit longer as well, sort of inbetween the original setting and the shorter range with the longer metal spacer. Personal preference, sure. But for me, the action of movement and the reaction to slight pressure are now what I hoped for.
RE: Actual cars. Some certainly have some degree of deadzone, sure. But if I breathe on the brake in our BMW, it applies braking. If I do the same on my motorcycle, even slightly, it does the same. This allows me to balance on the edge of brake/no brake to make slight adjustments to the weight distribution when entering a corner and control the balance of both vehicles to a finer degree. I'm just an amatuer, but I'm sure a proper race car has room to tweak this to a ridiculously fine degree due to driver preference since they are on the limit of traction all the time. Nice to find a way to do something similar with these pedals;)
Easy to try out, if you prefer the stock arrangement just put both pieces back in together. I'm sure you could do a little less also, 1/4 maybe, but 1/3 feels good to me at the moment, if I need to adjust it at all then I'll add a 3mm slice to tweak it. But now, I'm just gonna drive;)
Z

Upvote 0
Y'know...it works great for me right now. I tried the 'updated' firmware but could not install it as I have Vista64. The main issue I had has been more or less solved by the 'hardware' mod. Either way, as long as more people can enjoy the sweet setup...I'm happy.

Z

Upvote 0
  • Ross MacGregor

GT3 RS Pedal plug problem

I should report this problem I had with my wheel. When I tried to plug the cable that goes from wheel to pedals into my wheel it would not fit. The recessed socket for the plug was shifted up slightly and the plug body was hitting the wheel shell.

To get it working I had to pry open the connector plate for the wheel and pull off the big glob of glue fixed to the top of the socket assembly. Without the glue, the socket is a little losser than it should be but the plug fits and everything is working now.

Looking at the assembly, it looks like there was an error in this version that required it to be glued in place.

Anyway, I guess this cable is not even necessary if you plug the CSPs directly to your computer.

Upvote 0
  • Tiago Santos

Hi - I don't have this either but there's a good video review on the insidesimracing.tv website. Can't remember the episode number but they reviewed this against the wheel stand pro, if I remember correctly the Fanatec was slightly better :)

Upvote 0
  • Robert D

Fanatec took my money?

I placed and paid for the Porsche 911 GT3 Wheel and Club Sport Pedals back in March, 2009. The Company received $381.90 out of my PayPal Account. I never receive any acknowledgement from Fanatec. I have tried to contact the company on fanatec.com (just moments ago) as well as on the Gameshop web page several days ago. I am getting concerned that I have been robbed.

Does anyone have any help to offer?

I appreciate any feedback I can get!

Upvote 0
They are not the best at communicating. I too had my concerns but did get confirmation of them receiving payment when I e-mailed them direct. Have you emailed them or just posted a question on the forum?

Upvote 0
Most companies take your money when the item is despatched. Its stories like this that make me cautious about buying, the release date has slipped to September and in this current economic climate I'm more wary of who I shop with.

Upvote 0
  • Frank Herfjord

When paying by paypal, it's important to remember that there is a time limit for filing for refunds. I believe it's 60 days, but don't quote me on that. Paying with a credit card is much safer, and getting a refund is a lot easier.

Upvote 0
It is a little worrying and I admit in the past I have been very sceptical. However, now that T10 and effectively Microsoft have thrown their endorsement of Fanatec with Forza Motorsport 3 I am less worried. Surely Microsoft would not be so involved with a company who were not reputable.

Upvote 0
You just have to be paitent. Fanatec are a bunch of trust worthy guys trust me, but this wheel has been sold out before it was even finished, you should get some sort of response soon.

I know it's painful for you to wait but give it a few more days or so and you should get some sort of confirmation about your order.

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

Unfortunatly the adapter needs a special casing so it still takes some time but we offer it for free to the customers of the first GT3RS orders and then it will be available in the webshop.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 173 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 113 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 120 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 44 17.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 27.0%
Back