Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thomas Jackermeier

I would prefer July as well but things got delayed as it is really a very complex product

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

I would recommend to use the USB cable to connect the CSPs as the resolution will be 1024 instead of 256.

Upvote 0
  • Thomas Jackermeier

Did you not get my email regarding the delay of the second GT3 order?

I informed all customers last week.

I placed and paid for the Porsche 911 GT3 Wheel and Club Sport Pedals back in March, 2009. The Company received $381.90 out of my PayPal Account. I never receive any acknowledgement from Fanatec. I have tried to contact the company on fanatec.com (just moments ago) as well as on the Gameshop web page several days ago. I am getting concerned that I have been robbed.

Does anyone have any help to offer?

I appreciate any feedback I can get!

Upvote 0
Fanatec update on the Porsche Wheel Turbo S

Thomas at Fanatec has posted on the Porsche 911 site that the Porsche Wheel Turbo S will ship late September for customers who ordered until June 2009 and October for orders after that date. If you order now you can expect the wheel in November.

Upvote 0
Is this not Harware and Software? I think so. At least is what is saying at the top of this page. "Tech support forum for all your hard-, soft-, and gameware related problems and questions".

Upvote 0
Hard to believe that the wheels are not even in production yet & they will be assembled, put on a boat (it's like 10-14 days to California, dunno what it might be for Europe), clear customs and ship in under 30 days...

But it does sound like they are close...Hope we see continued updates in a timely fashion from Thomas.

Upvote 0
Is this not Harware and Software? I think so. At least is what is saying at the top of this page. "Tech support forum for all your hard-, soft-, and gameware related problems and questions".

Luis you need to start your own thread on your problem, this topic is for the Fanatec wheel not some skin pack you're having issues with. I see the mods have deleted your original reply though.

Upvote 0
Hard to believe that the wheels are not even in production yet & they will be assembled, put on a boat (it's like 10-14 days to California, dunno what it might be for Europe), clear customs and ship in under 30 days...

But it does sound like they are close...Hope we see continued updates in a timely fashion from Thomas.

I'm hoping they will be more pro-active with their community. I saw a mention of a new support system in the works, I hope its a better forum layout as the one they have is awful to use. They should have kept a forum here at RD.

Upvote 0
So shipping by the end of September isn't going to happen. At least he's keeping us in the loop of the process. And now we're talking days instead of month in terms of delays. Just hope it is here in time for Forza3.

Upvote 0
I'm starting to think mine won't be here in time for Forza 3. I ordered late June then a month later changed that order to the clubsport edition but to do that I had to cancel the order and re-do it so the order is listed as July. Its a little frustrating as I don't have a wheel currently and I have Dirt2 sitting untouched on the shelf because I didn't like the demo using it on a joypad but with a wheel I really enjoyed it. Shift also seems to be a game better suited to a wheel.

Upvote 0
I'm starting to think mine won't be here in time for Forza 3. I ordered late June then a month later changed that order to the clubsport edition but to do that I had to cancel the order and re-do it so the order is listed as July.

Thomas has stated that he now hopes to get all orders, no matter when made to people, before release. That was before the little hiccup yesterday with some of the components. I think with a July order you should be pretty safe though.

Upvote 0
I had the following email today from Fanatec:

Dear racing fan,

we are almost there. We have the MS apporval and the raw materials for the wheel is in place. Unfortunatly we could not start production before the national holiday in China but we will start production on Oct 10th.

We will bring in the very first orders by airfreight so all customers who ordered the wheel before June should have it before the end of October and all other open orders should be delivered before the end of November.

We missed our target to ship everything before the launch of FM3 but we used the time to improve the quality and we also added new features:
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/2356

I will make updates on the shipping status on my blog as frequent as possible as I am not a big fan of sending emails which end up in spam filters. So please check my blog if you like to get the latest news about the shipment:
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/2267

Best regards

Thomas jackermeier
CEO ENdor AG / Fanatec

Another delay but at least he is communicating with customers and has been a lot more visible on his blog and forums keeping everyone up to date. The new features look pretty cool too.

Upvote 0
Good news, it looks like the Porsche wheel will ship out on Monday for all orders made before June and for those who paid for advanced shipment.

From Thomas' blog:
The first units are ready to ship. We plan to send out all units which will be sent by airfreight (orders before June) and the advanced shipment units on Monday. Some units had a small issue because they used used the wrong colour of the plug on the pedals but I waived this issue instead of risking another delay. I hope you will not mind.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.7%