Fanatec - an absolute nightmare

The absolute worst customer service in the world!! Horrible. I had an issue with FANATEC's Podium Racing Wheel F1 with DD1 from the first day I got it, instead of taking ownership of their defective product and replacing it (which every other company in the world would do), I got the run around for 2 weeks before they ask that I ship it back to them for a repair that they will cover the cost of. WHATTT?!!! I am now at over 1 month of having spent over $5000 and NEVER even had a chance to use it once. NOT EVEN ONCE!!! All I was able to do is look at it. Absolute BS and they don't care. I was originally told by their dealer that it would only take a day or two for the repair to happen... LOL what a joke!!! I'm over a MONTH of waiting now. The dealer apparently has sent multiple emails to follow up and ask what is happening with the repair, and we are getting zero answers. I bet it will be another month before we hear anything back and I may get to use it. Their products are sub par, obviously, with many issues (check it out online, they are probably so backed up in repairs they can't even mange them).
If they can't even stand by their product and just replace it (the product didn't work out of the box, defective on day 1) how are they going to be after 1 year or 2 years of ownership?? Find an alternative to buy from. This company is a complete joke.

Last edited:
Honestly people need to be a little more forgiving of time delays right now and see the bigger picture...

As to the whole discussion the way I see it, if I’m paying extra for a premium product, build quality should be part of that. The very fact it’s you get so many reports of issues is not good enough IMO.

Right. Fanatec build products with questionable parts that seem to often require their service department. Which doesn't work right now. If they had chosen for a lower target RMA rate everybody would be better off now.

Upvote 0
The most concerning issue here is not how good or bad the Fanatec customer service is, it’s the fact that it seems to be needed so much!

Yes, I do think they've had their share of quality issues. Still, a lot of people use them as well.

A bit offtopic, but have you looked at the Fanatec forum they host themselves? You can see big part of the issue right there. It's full of people that have practically zero idea what they've bought for 2000e and ask very elementary level questions. Many things are "broken" if you have no idea what you are doing.

You don't get this crowd at all with Simucube of Heusinkveld.

Upvote 0
I'm also another happy Fanatec user. Yes consumers rarely shout it from the treetops when they are having a great experience, they're usually just in their office/study/cave using the stuff and enjoying it.
I have had my Fanatec gear since 2011/2012 and, apart from maintenance and wear and tear, it's all been pretty faultless. Customer service have always looked into my issues and supplied me with new wheels, parts and advice to get me up and running again.
Yes, I build my own PCs, repair toys and maintain things around the house so I'm quite hands on when it comes to things breaking down. I do think you need a certain amount of this outlook when dealing with PCs, hardware and software that require building, maintaining, repairing and upgrading.
My pedals have been rock solid, they have required cleaning, re-greasing and the PU foam insert replaced. This part replacement came over 8 years of use...
The CSW V1 wheelbase required a cleaning of the code wheel and a main cable replacement, this is after 7 years of use.
My Formula rim required it's main cable replaced and I repaired the BMW cable by resoldering one of the spare pins you get in the cable itself.

For some of us I think maybe this tinkering aspect can almost be as fun as the actual gaming and racing itself, imho of course

Upvote 0
Perhaps components and quality control were better when your gear was made. It seems like it’s the more recent products from Fanatec that are prone to issues.
Not sure that is true, the CSW V1 had a ton of problems with the low quality motor which the V2 fixed by not only having a better motor but also better cooling and the same with the Clubsport V1/V2 pedals, the load cell needed replacing along with constant maintenance but the V3’s are much better.

These days it’s the smaller details that let them down IMO, like low quality bolts, building a DD wheel and not redesigning the QR to match or random cheap parts that fail like the power on the first few DD1/2’s.

Upvote 0
@DomB_Fanatec hasn't posted here since Nov 6, when he failed to help me. I had to BUY the parts to fix my brand new pedals.

It appears that Fanatec should be avoided at all costs, they have no interest in customer service whatsoever.
I got a used dd1 on eBay that didn’t work when arrived. I told seller not to worry about it because I’d send it to Fanatec and pay repair cost. Just got an email from Fanatec saying it’s unrepairable and a paperweight now. I can’t return it on eBay because it’s been more than 30 days.(3 months I’ve spent waiting). I hate that they only email you back once every 24 hrs and at a time when I’m asleep. Honestly think I’m going to avoid fanatec in the future. Worst customer service I’ve ever had.

Upvote 0
I got a used dd1 on eBay that didn’t work when arrived. I told seller not to worry about it because I’d send it to Fanatec and pay repair cost. Just got an email from Fanatec saying it’s unrepairable and a paperweight now. I can’t return it on eBay because it’s been more than 30 days.(3 months I’ve spent waiting). I hate that they only email you back once every 24 hrs and at a time when I’m asleep. Honestly think I’m going to avoid fanatec in the future. Worst customer service I’ve ever had.
Where are you from, if I may ask?
It seems to be really important regarding the fanatec support!

Upvote 0
Do true aryans get preferred treatment? :roflmao:
No idea tbh. From what I've read over the years they seem to have German support for central EU and separate supports for UK and US.
Not sure about Asia/Africa/Canada/South of the US.

It might be that they're replying faster if you're writing in German, but I have no idea...
Shipping within Germany seems to be definitely way faster, which obv. makes sense.
Getting your spare parts within a few days (had my McLaren v1 rim replaced within 3 days) surely helps with the tone too, which might make them respond quicker in return.

Upvote 0
My experience with Fanatec has been mostly positive. I have owned quite a bit of hardware from them,

Podium DD1
Clubsport v2.5 base
Clubsport v3 pedals
Podium hub with apm
3 different rims

Fortunately over my 2000 hours or so using the hardware I did not have any firmware or hardware failures. Ultimately I ended up upgrading to a Simucube 2 pro, HE sprints with GSI wheels. I think it's a natural progression as you explore higher end equipment. My biggest gripes in my Fanatec experience were the quick release system and the constant tuning software variable changes along with poor community profile support.

Upvote 0
Did the ebay seller state that it was potentially faulty and was that reflected in the price?

I”m curious why you would cover the cost and hassle of sending it to Fanatec rather than just send it straight back to the seller unless it was ridiculously cheap and it was sold ”as seen” with a known fault.

I know you weren’t looking for a warranty repair but for anyone in a similar position who might be, Fanatec warranty is non transferable if I remember correctly. It’s original owner only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back