F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now!

I voted for Esteban Ocon, for letting pass both Mercedes after pit stops.
Seriously, obviously not his fault but a team order, definitely a very bad thing for the sport.

IMO - main reason this was a particularly dull Monaco GP was:
  • The tyres. They were running on shot tyres for more than half the race, which meant they had no change to challenge for the top positions. These tyres are carp.
Needs fixing, that does.

Long time we didn't see such great drive in the hardest F1 circuit. When will people realise Daniel is simply the best driver of the grid?!!
Great caracter and pure talent!

Boring has been whole F1 decade with boring Redbull and Mercedes dominace!!! Daniel is the only true talent since schumacher. Alonso was promising but never contributed to any team development!
Daniel fights against everyone including his own crappy team.
Top man!!!

I voted Ric, but mad props to Verstappen for his race, too. So many overtakes on such a narrow track is impressive and I didn't expect him to finish in top 10. That said, it wouldn't be Verstappen if he didn't push someone off the track and then complain they were cutting :whistling:

It was a dull race, F1 is ruining racing with crap tyres.

But that doesn't diminish what Ricciardo achieved, great result.

In some ways this season is taking a similar shape to the last one - Ferrari advantage early on, Mercedes gaining in mid season.

Perhaps, then, a worry for Vettel - after winning Monaco lat year he stretched his championship lead over Lewis Hamilton to 25 points.

After finishing second in Monaco this year he trails by 14.

Undoubtably a lucky lead for Hamilton - but can Ferrari overcome it as we approach a run of circuits that might suit the improving Mercedes?

I was quite impressed by how Ricciardo pushed himself on to the victory with his car failing him part way through with the KERS system, it put me in mind of Schumacher at the 1995 Spanish Grand Prix with his car locked in 5th gear and also Senna at the Brazilian Grand Prix in 1991 (I was 18 days old at the time I saw the film Senna so thats how I know what happened) when his gearbox decided to lock itself into 6th gear and not play games with him and thats why hes my pick he just had that ability to push the car on to victory, both Schumacher in 1995 and Senna in 1991 both were victorious

• Deleted member 113561

Verstappen for sure NOT, forced Sainz off the track, cutted the chicane while overtaking and it was a dangerous rejoin aswell ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Danny Ric, the guy did an outstanding job with a wounded car that was 12mph slower than his rivals on the front straight, to keep the gap to Vettel at around 1sec then gain that few tenths he needed at the end of each lap to stop DRS coming into play and control the pace like he did was a driver thinking a strategy on the go. Admittingly the fact Vettel and Hamilton had graining tyres made the job easier for Daniel, as they couldn't launch a hard challenge, but then Dan was only using 6 gears as his rear brakes were prone to overheating with the mguh problem, sterling drive and well deserved win.

Hats off to Verstappen too, I honestly thought he would go all out to in an attempt to leap up the field and ruin his & someone else's race with a move that wasn't on, but he showed great composure and patience....finally, his overtakes were clean and controlled proving that he can do it if he applies himself.

Looking forward to RB's engine upgrades at Canada, here's hoping they can find some more pace and challenge Ferrari & Mercedes at the pointy end more often.

You cant expect in Monaco a race like at Spa, and you cant expect in Spa a race like in Monaco, i mean...is a ''special'' race, more slow but much more tecnically and demanding in therms of drive, can turn boring..but its what it is, this year even more ''special''..first Monaco race without a safety car (the real one)

Driver of THE WEEKEND... ya...Ricciardo

Ric if I must find one, but his achievement isnt all that big considering the track. And the current cars - massive power and wide, perfect for defending on a tight track.
On another note; I'd like to nominate both Williams and Haas for an absolute terrible race. Williams focked up before it even started (Sirotkin) and Stroll went Strolololol. Haas had no pace whatsoever despite having a decent chassis which is even more extraordinary. Perhaps the aero works and the mechanical grip is ****.

it only got exciting last 15 laps or so,
I was quite surprised by Max Verstappen, he had a solid race and most of his overtaking was done in much cleaner fashion than before,

let's hope this is sign of "maturing"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back