F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Monaco Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

Vote now for your 2018 Monaco Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'!

Monaco isn't always a festival of overtaking when the Grand Prix grid come to town, however the 2018 edition of the event would prove to be a tense and often thrilling affair...

With many performances worthy of note throughout the field, who do you vote as the RaceDepartment community 'Driver of the Day'?

Vote in the poll and comment below!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Daniel Ricciardo all the way. Superb drive and composure keeping me on the edge of the seat all the way. Well, well, well deserved result.

Would love to see that man in a Ferrari next season....

Ricciardo, Leclerc - Ferrari
Hamilton, Vettel - Mercedes
Verstappen, Alonso - Red Bull

Now that would be an epic 2019 grid... :D

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

Voted Gasly (cause everybody will say Ricciardo), solid pace and great defense.
[Off course, honestly the man of the day is Ricciardo...and Charles Milesi ;) ]
@++

what an absolutely boring race. F1 and FIA have destroyed Formula One. This was Formula E with noise today.
Today was a shame for this great race in Monaco.

Monaco ,not a fast track is about the driver,not the speed of the car and Danny proved himself over the weekend with a flawless performance.

I would be amazed if anyone in the world was able to stop the car without brakes..
Unless someone's heard otherwise, I am almost certain that was brake failure.
Thank you for the info. Was watching the race without sound on (was at a party). So I wasn't aware of that. Than it's lucky for him he drove into Hartley to lose speed. But still very disappointing for Hartley. I already found it curious since LeClerc is doing quite a nice job generally.

Do you happen to know what cause the brake failure? Or is it still unknown?

Thank you for the info. Was watching the race without sound on (was at a party). So I wasn't aware of that. Than it's lucky for him he drove into Hartley to lose speed. But still very disappointing for Hartley. I already found it curious since LeClerc is doing quite a nice job generally.

Do you happen to know what cause the brake failure? Or is it still unknown?
Overheating brakes, due the high stress and to be near to opponent...passed some temperatures brakes are non existent...

Surprised to hear so many calling it a boring race - I thought it was quite good by Monaco standards (if you come in expecting much passing, you're almost sure to be let down). The Ricciardo story line made the race for me - getting screwed in '16 and then having to nurse a wounded car the majority of the race. That's good TV in my book, but everyone has their preferences, I suppose!

Even Hamilton and Alonso called it boring, I saw. As far as Alonso goes, I suspect he is understandably frustrated by his cars always letting him down. With Hamilton, I tend to think he gets a little grouchy when he isn't at the center of attention - everyone fawning over Ricciardo probably makes him a bit grumpy.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000